MRJ 289

micknich2003

Oh good!  Another tranche of Sensible Reading!

I'll visit the purveyor when I go to the post office tomorrow, to see if they've arrived yet.  The cover image makes them easy to spot!

Update:  Got it!  This evenings reading material!

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Premium

An interesting range of modelling subjects and media, including a virtual model - a first for MRJ? Trevor Pott's letter on coal grades and sizes is especially interesting - this is a subject that really needs more of an airing as first-hand knowledge of coal fades away.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

including a virtual model - a first for MRJ?

I have done a bit more work on the model since I submitted to MRJ such as adding loco, coaches and signals. I can export any part of what you see in the image and either 3D print or laser cut.

When I spoke to Paul Karau he did say that the layout can be seen in its finished state before I have constructed it.

30.PNG

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

with the closure of the last good newsagent in Sherborne,  MRJ is no longer available unless prepared for a seventeen mile round trip to an almost inaccessible pedestrian precinct. Therefore its purchase must be a carefully considered commitment, may I ask the identity of the RTR wagons by Gerry, moreover are there other RTR articles from Mr. Beale.

Thank you and StaySafe

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Jack Benson said:

Hi,

with the closure of the last good newsagent in Sherborne,  MRJ is no longer available unless prepared for a seventeen mile round trip to an almost inaccessible pedestrian precinct. Therefore its purchase must be a carefully considered commitment, may I ask the identity of the RTR wagons by Gerry, moreover are there other RTR articles from Mr. Beale.

Thank you and StaySafe

Take out a subscription!

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

An interesting range of modelling subjects and media, including a virtual model - a first for MRJ? Trevor Pott's letter on coal grades and sizes is especially interesting - this is a subject that really needs more of an airing as first-hand knowledge of coal fades away.

Hello Stephen,

It was good to see you at EXPO.

There was an article on grading coal for model railway use by Mick Moore (who sat next to me at Bracknell at the weekend) in MRJ No 144 if you have that to hand.

• Thanks 1

Hello and help , please .

I tried to respond to the full page advert on page 3 . I copied keithettle @ btinternet.com but it’s bounced back . 
Does anyone know the correct address? 
Thanks 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Hi,

Thank you and StaySafe

It consists of two photos and captions on page 76.

One wagon is the Rapido GWR Gunpowder van, the other is the Rapido ex-SECR 7 plank open wagon in SR brown livery.

Gerry generally appears to be very complimentary about both wagons.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, 1466 said:

I tried to respond to the full page advert on page 3 . I copied keithettle @ btinternet.com but it’s bounced back . 
Thanks 

Try keith.ettle @ btinternet.com

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 1466 said:

Thanks 

Thank you , Martin

In case anyone else is interested the correct address is 

keith.ettle@btinternet.com

The . was missing between keith and ettle .

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I see there is a progress update on Paul Karau version of Henley-on-Thames….. I wonder if any copies of the magazine will still be on the shelves when we get to the uk….

• RMweb Premium
On 20/05/2022 at 03:08, Compound2632 said:

Take out a subscription!

4 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

I see there is a progress update on Paul Karau version of Henley-on-Thames….. I wonder if any copies of the magazine will still be on the shelves when we get to the uk….

Wot 'e sed...

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Wot 'e sed...

Not worth it for a single copy! Nice idea though, thanks.

I have now found a WHS for when we get to the UK, close to our first camp site.

Edited by Neal Ball
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/05/2022 at 10:28, 1466 said:

Thank you , Martin

In case anyone else is interested the correct address is 

keith.ettle@btinternet.com

The . was missing between keith and ettle .

Did anyone get a reply to those interested in the items in the advert.

31 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Did anyone get a reply to those interested in the items in the advert.

Yes , I was interested in 4 items but 3 of them had gone .I have received the item which I wanted today .