Caledonian Area Group...

Bob Reid

I'm still here. Living in Montrose, but as I am originally from down south, my modelling interest is in southern region west of salisbury in OO.

Similarly with me, living at "The End Of The Line", soon to be starting construction of my English Midlands/Yorkshire layout...

Anybody passing through on way to Skye - you're welcome to stop off for a cuppa :D

Guest Max Stafford

How did this get by me? Of course I'm in! ;)

Current modelling strategy is based on the NB/Caley interfaces of East Stirlingshire between 1953 and 1989, but I've been known to dabble heavily along the Border Marches with occasional Northumbrian incursions!

Dave.

Coont me in boys

Im fae the wee county currently into present day freight flows around Central Scotland and in the early planning stages of modelling the molasses line through to Menstrie!

Cheers

I think simply, "Scottish Group", given we are a nation not an area. Caledonia and Alba were names given to Scotland by invading foreign hordes and using 'Pictish' wouldn't do our current reputation as a modern, progressive and welcoming race many favours :huh:

When the old RMweb resurfaces, I'll find the reason we opted for CAG (Caledonian/Caledonia Area Group the last time, but it was down then to everyone else having a "Something Area Group", and SAG was already in use precluding us having a abbreviated "Scottish Area Group.....".

It doesn't really matter anyhow as it was always abbreviated to CAG as it was and no one seemed to bother too much. For the sake of consistency between the old and new we are better sticking with CAG whatever it means - as long as everyone understands the intent. (and no one brings up the one and only True Line) :)

Bob.

Guest Max Stafford

Away Bob, yir just a spoilsport, why shouldn't we use the title as a celebration of Scotland's finest company? ;)

Dave.

Another 15%

Wandered in and out a few times - this is about the only thing I have found so ------

Me and my Blue with Yellow Faces layout would like to join - even though it may be a few years before my layout thread finds it's way over.

Stuart

why shouldn't we use the title as a celebration of Scotland's finest company?

What Diageo

Two knifewounds to the heart of the sou'west in quick succession.

Call it what you will, I'll judge it on what it achieves ;)

Two knifewounds to the heart of the sou'west in quick succession.

Call it what you will, I'll judge it on what it achieves ;)

I didn't realise they were so dour in the South-West :icon_wave:

Anyway "Your contributions greatly received"

Bob.

Archived