EBay madness

Marcyg

33 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

The buffer beam and half the cab has snapped off this and been badly glued on. No mention in the description other than "study the photos, they form part of the description" nonsense.
Also this finished to a high standard has paint flaking off the window frames...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115450407076

Are you sure that’s the right link? Admittedly I’m on my phone but I can’t see the damage you’re referring to. 

Whilst a high price for what it is, that is the going rate for silver fox models. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Was just having a browse, came across a couple of interesting ads. 
1st - Battle of Britain class 91, the model rail limited edition, over 300 notes. Me thinks the seller maybe trying to off load before the new version arrives. 
2nd - 90026 respray in Grand Central. Very poor quality respray, the black really shows up just how bad. 200 notes. I fear someone may fall for this one, and end up very disappointed with what they get. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ncarter2 said:

2nd - 90026 respray in Grand Central. Very poor quality respray, the black really shows up just how bad. 200 notes. I fear someone may fall for this one, and end up very disappointed with what they get. 

Is it the one for £199.99 that was done by Ben's resprays at the model emporium? My phone isn't letting me copy the link.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’d

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Not, in fact, a Quad Art…

And inappropriate use of the words “finescale” and “excellent” by the seller.

They do, however, admit that one roof is missing - in case you missed that nugget from the photos.

Cheers

Darius

I’d be a bit suspicious of that bogie that doesn’t sit on the railhead properly as well.  For ‘finescale’ I’d want separate door handle and grab rails, and a bit more underframe gubbins as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Not, in fact, a Quad Art…

And inappropriate use of the words “finescale” and “excellent” by the seller.

They do, however, admit that one roof is missing - in case you missed that nugget from the photos.

Cheers

Darius

35 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Presume someone doesn't know what 'quad' means? 

20 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

I’d

I’d be a bit suspicious of that bogie that doesn’t sit on the railhead properly as well.  For ‘finescale’ I’d want separate door handle and grab rails, and a bit more underframe gubbins as well!

Dodgy interiors!

I'm sure they're not, but the bodies remind me of Dapol coach kits.

And I know it is described as EM, but judging by the closeness of the vehicle ends, I suspect the minimum radius it can traverse is something like 200 chains...

And that might be the reason for the missing roof!

Edited by Hroth
Tidying up!
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Is it the one for £199.99 that was done by Ben's resprays at the model emporium? My phone isn't letting me copy the link.

Yes, I think that was the one. Definitely a Ben’s job. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

25 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Dodgy interiors!

And I know it is described as EM, but judging by the closeness of the vehicle ends, I suspect the minimum radius it can traverse is something like 200 chains...

I'm probably way off, but could they be chopped about old Kirk kits?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Dodgy interiors!

Roof? "You were only supposed to blow the blo*dy doors off!" 😎

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Here it is:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275369878674

Shoddy amateur repaint, acceptable thirty years ago but not now especially for a penny shy of two hundred sheets.  Hairs and fluff all over the black on the upper bodyside, awful effort.

'Hover to zoom' as the Ebay caption says to reveal the horror in greater depth....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Here it is:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275369878674

Shoddy amateur repaint, acceptable thirty years ago but not now especially for a penny shy of two hundred sheets.  Hairs and fluff all over the black on the upper bodyside, awful effort.

'Hover to zoom' as the Ebay caption says to reveal the horror in greater depth....

Good grief...

• Like 2