The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

• RMweb Gold

I had a good couple of tugs on Friday myself.

Heres 60096 taking the up slow at Acton Bridge on the Ratcliffe, it was struggling approaching the signal due to slippy rail conditions but had just about got control of the train again by this point

post-6662-127400146107_thumb.jpg

And 60010 with a Ratcliffe - LBT overtakes some 325s awaiting permission to go to Warrington RMT, notice the Pendo heading South, it cleared seconds before the 60 got to the sweet spot.

post-6662-127400192875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

60 040 heading south on tanks (to Immingham Area?) held on the freight avoiding line at York at c18.30 on both Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 May.

Paul

York

And now dumped at Northallerton on a wheelskate following traction motor problems.

As I promised...plus a shot of the other tug into Westerleigh today, 60039, all part of today's fun at http://joalder.fotopic.net/c1853891.html

post-6899-127499580336_thumb.jpg

Having been to Newport East Usk for fuel, 60054 returns to Westerleigh as 0E41, here passing Ram Hill

post-6899-127499582271_thumb.jpg

Complete with its yellow plough, 60039 rolls down the single line past Westerleigh village with 6B13 Robeston to Westerleigh loaded Murco tanks

cheers

jo

• Like 1

HEard a rumour so had to see for myself and it was true 60040 at my local station looking lonely in the siding. I think she's stopped with faulty traction motors. I apologise for the phot but only had my iphone with me and couldn't get any closer without breaking the law.

Nikpost-5758-127506882351_thumb.jpg

saw 60039 clagging towards Newport today at around 14:50pm with a rake of empty BAA's in tow B) caught it by total accident as i passed by on a Taunton bound 158

66109 passed by 15 minutes later on the Murco's

Also of interest was 67018 Keith Heller stabled solo at Barton Hill TMD, unusually 67003 nor the mk2 paington set were no where to be seen.

From what I've heard it's fixed already. Was pottering around Toton the other day apparently. Now needs tyre turning IIRC

cheers

jo

cheers jo :) that's great news , hopefully it'll soon be back in action B) must get around to buying the Hornby one sometime before they're all gone! :lol:

is 60074 due back at Toton ? last i heard it was still the Margam supershunter lol. 60039 has now taken over as the 'mean machine' in south wales :lol:

60039 has now taken over as the 'mean machine' in south wales :lol:

Yes, and don't I know it............ waiting at traffic lights Broad St. Cardiff yesterday as "Tug 39" screamed overhead on a rake of empty BAA/BBA heading for Margam, no warning, no camera !!!!!

Brian R

Anyone get a shot of 054 on E41 yesterday?

I missed it. 90 down apparently. Grrr!

Nothing from yesterday I'm afraid Trev, but did catch it on the 27th of May running as 0E41 light engine from Newport, having been to East Usk for fuel before returning the empty tanks to Lindsey from Westerleigh

12op4g.jpg12op4h.jpg

Part of this collection, including both Babbage and 60039 with tanks, as well as some EE powered fun wink.gif http://joalder.fotopic.net/c1853891.html

cheers

jo

why do DBS only keep them on a certain circuit for a week or so and then transfer them back to Toton so frequently? is it something to do with spreading the engine hours evenly per machine whilst carrying out balanced maintenance on the stopped examples or something? :mellow: