Heljan Class 45 EP sample

MGR Hooper!

The Peak looks very nice (especially in Blue!!!) - and dare I say it the shape looks good too!!!!! - so not too much extra work for us modellers hopefully!!!

My only comment when looking at the Tower photo are the boiler footstep plates (an option as I understand it) as fitted to Brian's blue version look somewhat on the thick side (time to get the file out?) - whilst the other (optional) plated bits on the bodyside look perfect.

I see HJ appear to have reverted to a 'half down' drivers cab window again according to these pictures - I'm not really sure why? - this was last seen with their class 47.

Overall - a very decent effort.

Edited by deltic17

• RMweb Premium

One other thing - front windows lovely and flush/perfect on the 45 - just like their class 40 in that respect - but then in between times how do they make somewhat of a bodge of the class 25 windows???

And no need for mid chassis narrowing on this one either!

• 5 months later...

According to Tower Models the Peak is due around the 13 March.

Yes just had a TX bank account still smoking after the 37's I must say its a bit of a surprise being so quick behind the 37's never mind another loco to add to the fleet

Edited by TEDDYBEAR D9521

Mad panic!!!! - never expected these so soon after the 37's either......now where's that credit card......must arrange the delivery for when the wife is out!!!!....but those big boxes are somewhat hard to hide!

Hi Roy

If you could point me in the direction of class 45s photos that retained the early style nose door that would be helpful, I have a rather obsessive habit of collating such details. I'm aware of green class 46s with the later style door, and indeed some class 44s carried the early version to the end. However, I'm still of the opinion that the "non bar version" is a later modification.

Good news re the nose seam, looks like a peak will be joining my small but highly focussed O gauge fleet.

Neil

The nose door was a modification to make changing the air filter easier. The original fixed grill the filter had to be removed from inside the nose end, not the easiest of jobs.

Hence the 2 latches & 3 hinges fitted to said doors.We had to make new slats for 45149s doors.

We had to the same on 45125 for two of the doors. Not all the hinges are in the same place thou.........

Edited by 45125

What named locos would be possible with Heljans centre split headcode model, I want to do a tops numbered loco, br blue obviously.

Have a look on Tower Models website (Heljan class 45 page) it is all on there....

• RMweb Gold

Mad panic!!!! - never expected these so soon after the 37's either......now where's that credit card......must arrange the delivery for when the wife is out!!!!....but those big boxes are somewhat hard to hide!

Modelling in N does have some advantages.

Just had an e-mail from Heljan

The entire shipment of 45s has been rejected due to quality control issues.

We will be informed of progress as it happens.

a revised release date will be issued in due course

Edited by Trains4U

Most interesting........no news on Tower's site unless they are trying to get some clarification first.....????

Anyway lets hope they get them right firstly - I really was so surprised to see them following so closely behind the class 37's.....so that is handy as it gives all of us time to save up!

Heard a whisper that they don't like going round corners.

With the same bogie arrangement as the class 40 I did wonder whether it might be something like this - I know the back to backs were too tight on the 40 - they haven't done it again have they?