Bachmann announce Midland 1P, Class 20/3, BEP buffet car, VEA, Prestwin and Carflat

Andy Y

Will we ever see the Class 24(1) in light of the superb SLW products ???

The way the voting is going, SLW now look almost certain to produce the highland 24/1 with token catcher recesses.  The Bachmann one isn't going to be the version with recesses.  Still, I think the future is looking bleak for the Bachmann headcode 24 despite this difference.

Edited by D6975

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

The way the voting is going, SLW now look almost certain to produce the highland 24/1 with token catcher recesses.  The Bachmann one isn't going to be the version with recesses.  Still, I think the future is looking bleak for the Bachmann headcode 24 despite this difference.

Latest Bachmann times says the 24/1 was progressed to the drawing office

• 11 months later...

Just bumped this topic out of its slumbers as the first MK 1 Carflat has arrived and snuck in under the radar. Yesterday I saw on the updated availability index that 38-900  Mk1 carflat in BR bauxite was showing as 'in stock' at Bachmann, but nobody seemed to have it, then today Hattons have listed it as arrived in stock. The other versions are a month or more later, those have the addition of vehicles, whereas the bauxite is just the wagon.

• Like 2

The road vehicles aren't happening now, dropped completely.

That's good news. I have enough Oxford and early EFE sports tourers for the Motorail versions and will save on the cost. One thing surprises me with Bachmann, in that they still drag the versions of new releases out over several months, when Hattons, Kernow and even Bachmann commissions for TMC (double bolster and plate wagon releases as recent examples) have multiple liveries released in the initial batch. It must be more production efficient to produce all versions together, unless they are held back from retail release as some sort of marketing ploy, bit like the overused long pause on tv game programmes.

• RMweb Gold

The road vehicles aren't happening now, dropped completely.

Great ! We have already filled our Oxford carflats with ex factory transit vans, didnt want a whole load more....have been acquiring suitable vehicles over the years in advance of these arriving so my holidaymakers from Stirling, Newton Le willows, Sheffield and Worcester can all head off to Newton Abbot .... train is best whilst that darn M5 is still under construction ..... oh hang on its no better now!

Phil

Interesting that the BR bauxite Carflat is fitted with B4 bogies, yet the Rail Blue and Motorail ones have BR1s.  That, to me, feels counter-intuitive for the majority of bauxite wagons.

Interesting that the BR bauxite Carflat is fitted with B4 bogies, yet the Rail Blue and Motorail ones have BR1s. That, to me, feels counter-intuitive for the majority of bauxite wagons.

Looks like, from the ep samples, that the BR motorail version will have BR1 bogies. As both Motorail and bauxite versions used BR1 and BR4 bogied versions, it's an option to switch the 1s and 4s around to ring the changes, if buying both liveries.

Looks like, from the ep samples, that the BR motorail version will have BR1 bogies. As both Motorail and bauxite versions used BR1 and BR4 bogied versions, it's an option to switch the 1s and 4s around to ring the changes, if buying both liveries.

Judging by the photo of the Bauxite on Hattons' site, it's Bauxite (late - TOPS) rather than freight brown/ bauxite (early).  Not sure if there's a pre-TOPS version in the pipeline but that would certainly be my preference, with BR1s.

• RMweb Gold

Great ! We have already filled our Oxford carflats with ex factory transit vans, didnt want a whole load more....have been acquiring suitable vehicles over the years in advance of these arriving so my holidaymakers from Stirling, Newton Le willows, Sheffield and Worcester can all head off to Newton Abbot .... train is best whilst that darn M5 is still under construction ..... oh hang on its no better now!

Phil

Look what helped to build it! Highbridge S&DJR station being abused.

post-14351-0-83693300-1534851059_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Look what helped to build it! Highbridge S&DJR station being abused.

attachicon.gifM5 spur 6606 & 6985 empty flyash hoppers from M5 spur 10 7 71.jpg

Nice one Phil!

We lost 37s through Worcester off the Waterston -  Albion tanks on to those fly ash trains - the Brush 4 replacements seemed mundane compared to the thrash from a pair of type 3s...and how much fly ash remained in those MGR hoppers after travelling at up to 60mph?

Interesting how events interconnect isnt it?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Nice one Phil!

We lost 37s through Worcester off the Waterston -  Albion tanks on to those fly ash trains - the Brush 4 replacements seemed mundane compared to the thrash from a pair of type 3s...and how much fly ash remained in those MGR hoppers after travelling at up to 60mph?

Interesting how events interconnect isnt it?

Phil

Before the M5 came we used to quite like the A38 in the summer holidays in Highbridge. It meant you could cross the road at virtually any point, as the traffic went through at a snail's pace or stopped dead for lengthy periods. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Phil

No vehicles on these carflats!

post-14351-0-46036700-1534888888_thumb.jpg

• Like 1