A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Hi Simon, is that 2 metres for all entries or just for 4mm scale entries? The scenic frontage of my entry is only 48 inches, but that's for a 2mm scale model. It arguably gives me a starting advantage as I have more space in which to fit the design than someone attempting the same thing in 4mm would have.

A single baseboard 3.5m long for O gauge? That's over 11ft in English! If I decide on an O gauge entry I'll stick to a manageable 2m :).

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon, is that 2 metres for all entries or just for 4mm scale entries? The scenic frontage of my entry is only 48 inches, but that's for a 2mm scale model. It arguably gives me a starting advantage as I have more space in which to fit the design than someone attempting the same thing in 4mm would have.

It is 2 metres for all entries, irrespective of scale.

We have made a couple of exceptions as noted on the welcome to the cameo competition thread (neither of which exceeds 2.1 metres).

Simon

• RMweb Gold

It is 2 metres for all entries, irrespective of scale.

We have made a couple of exceptions as noted on the welcome to the cameo competition thread (neither of which exceeds 2.1 metres).

Simon

And anyway, let's all just be glad we've got some rules!

That's the advantage of inflatable layouts, you can have them as large as you can make them.

• RMweb Gold

And anyway, let's all just be glad we've got some rules!

That's the advantage of inflatable layouts, you can have them as large as you can make them.

Never let it be said that hot air had no part to play in railway modelling.