Wrec-rail 2018:The return

George Woodcock

As its getting closer, here are the obligatory directions to our little knees-up. Just looking back through the thread and I see we haven't actually put the location itself up yet! its the usual venue-

St Nicholas Church Hall

Rectory Lane

Little Bowden

Market Harborough

LE16 8AS

Directions to Wrec-Rail

By Road

From A14 junction 2

Exit junction 2 and follow the A508 to Market Harborough, passing through Kelmarsh and Great Oxendon en route. Drop down the hill into Market Harborough, crossing straight over the roundabout as you enter the town. Just past the Jet garage on your right is a right turn (Signed Braybrooke). Take this right turn, passing Buildbase on your left. After 100 yards take the left turn into Scotland Street. Pass along Scotland Street, past the primary school on the left and at the next junction bear left. The venue will come up on your right hand side.

From the A6 (both directions) and A427

Follow your respective route until you reach the roundabout where the A427 joins the A6 Market Harborough by-pass (2nd roundabout if you’re coming from Leicester; at the bottom of a hill if you’re coming in from the other routes).
At the roundabout take the A4304 towards the town centre, passing across the Tesco roundabout, until you reach the first set of traffic lights. At the lights turn left into Gores Lane. Follow Gores Lane to the T junction at the end then turn right into Kettering Road. Pass under the railway bridge then turn left into Rectory Lane after the Little Bowden Bowls Club and before the Cherry Tree public house. Follow Rectory Lane past the church on your left and you will see the venue on your left.

From the A4304 (junction 20 of the M1)

Follow the A4304 from J20 passing through Walcote, North Kilworth, Husbands Bosworth, Theddingworth and Lubenham. Drop down the hill into Market Harborough. At the roundabout at the bottom of the hill turn right (signed East Farndon) into Welland Park Road. Follow Welland Park Road, crossing over the next roundabout, to its end. At the traffic lights turn right into Northampton Road. Follow Northampton Road, past the Indian Restaurant on the left, until you reach a left turn (Signed Braybrooke). Then follow directions as per from the A14.

By Rail

Leave the station; pass across the forecourt and down the steps to the street. Cross the main road and take the wooden bridge into the Lidl supermarket car park. Cross the car park onto the roundabout and take the first exit. Follow this road round a corner until the Cherry Tree public house comes up on your right. Take the footpath (Church Lane) that runs alongside the pub, through the churchyard, and out into Rectory Lane. The venue will be in front of you.

Also sadly Bob Bateman and Sandiacre will not now be able to attend. Coming off the substitutes will be Two Sisters Farm., a maginificently modelled piece of eccentricity from Peter Marshall.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Into the last few days now. Five down and counting.

Cheers

George

Phew - I know some who will be relieved at this news as they can only count up to five. Counting down is just the opposite...……………..

:jester:

Mick

Hello

Farmers Drove is ready to go.

Looking forward to the show. Also now looking forward to Bevs ( cobbler’s misses) now famous bacon baps hopefully on Friday if that’s what’s for tea.

See you all Saturday

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

Sadly my life is consumed by cricket at the moment, otherwise I would have a trundle down there to try the cake/gateaux. I hope it goes well.

#hopingforrain    #fatchance

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

Well, the floor plan is done and these are hopefully the final runners and riders for tomorrow's jolly

LAYOUTS

Framplington- George and Nobbys latest GE escapade

Farmers Drove-another odessey in N from Steve Farmer

Redhill Up Yard- Paul Wades new effort

The Lane- N gauge from Pete Johnson, one of our 'regulars'

Portwey- Stu Davies latest tour de force, as featured in the boxfile etc bit on here

Down Sidings- Ricardo Colemans rather lovely inglenook

Pig Lane- Clive Mortimores small green diesel depot

Two Sisters Farm- just magnificently eccentricity from Pete Marshall

TRADE

Book Law- the clue is in the name

Keiths Models- a veritable cornucopia of new and pre-owned r to r stuff

H&A models- the same as Keith but with kits !

DEMOs

Phil Eames

Dicky Dockerill/John Emerson

Mick Bryan

Phil Sutton

Kevin Dickerson

As you can see, a goodly smorsgabord for your three quid! Just a few points- I don't think Richard has any gateaux in the catering plan so dont start banging on if there isnt any. Friday Bridge wont be there, because we can't fit it in! Sadly, due to one thing or another, we havent been able to represent the EM and O gsuge fraternity this year, but next year we will. It is a diesel orientated show, so don't get uptight if theres no kettle layouts. Oh and there wont be any road signage for the show.

See you all tomorrow

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 3

The layout and its motive power and stock have all been checked over and are now loaded in the car ready for an early start tomorrow morning.

It is a show I have never done before so I am looking forward to doing it.

Regards Peter M