D&S Models

Rumblestripe

Last I heard from Danny was that he was going to do elliptical roof stock in the early part of this year, but was struggling to keep up with demand for what he'd already offered. My order for elliptical stock hasn't come through yet so I assume that's still the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Ian

I owe Dan a phone call; I'll try and contact in the next few days and ask.

Regards

Paul

Ian

I had a discussion with Dan this evening and he probably can help with the window etches as he does various odd etches to hand, just let him know what windows you require. (Mr D. Pinnock, 46 The Street, Wallington, nr Baldock, Hertfordshire, SG7 6SW)

The next items Dan is considering re-releasing are some of his ex GE, NE and GN non-passenger coaching stock, but he needs to check the situation with the various component parts before producing a list.

He would like to re-release some of pre-grouping 6-wheel carriage stock, but with an apparent move by modellers to the BR period (see latest wish lists) he is not sure how commercially viable this would be.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

I have come to this very late and I presume it is best to contact Danny direct for an up-to-date list of available kits? GN and GE stock for post-war M&GN - any thoughts what might be suitable? Perhaps there are the odd Fish Van or three to come?!

Ex-GE coaches would certainly be in evidence - these kits were among the first reissued and may all have gone. Worsley Works do some body etches if Danny can't help you.

Bill Bedford does some M & GN stock in 4mm on his made to order range. I think some of the Midland coaches Wizard Models do are also suitable although I'm not sure when they might have been withdrawn.

I don't believe any of the cast D & S kits are being reissued so your best bet for goods vehicles will be standard LNER/LMS from the usual suspects; ABS, Wizard, Parkside, David Geen and Ebay.

• RMweb Gold

Brining a thread back from the dead

Having just got a copy of the Geoff Kent wagon book, I've came across the build of the Great Eastern railway 10t van kit by d&s

I rather like the use of these pre grouping designs that lasted so late, and with the need to make a start on some non gw wagons I rather fancy one

I know d&s kits fetch silly money on ebay so I was wondering given all the talk in this thread of kits going else where if this kit is currently available?

Guest notascoobie

Brining a thread back from the dead

Having just got a copy of the Geoff Kent wagon book, I've came across the build of the Great Eastern railway 10t van kit by d&s

I rather like the use of these pre grouping designs that lasted so late, and with the need to make a start on some non gw wagons I rather fancy one

I know d&s kits fetch silly money on ebay so I was wondering given all the talk in this thread of kits going else where if this kit is currently available?

Good morning,

I, like you, wanted one of those vans but was put off by the price on ebay. Cue one drawing (LNER Wagons by Tatlow) some plasticard and bits and I was very pleased by the scratchbuilt result..... especially when folks ask if it's D&S.

Give it a try.

Regards,

Vernon

• RMweb Gold

I was debating the scratch building option, the problem being that for the foreseeable I have no reference books that are not related to GW, so other than the photo shown in the 4mm wagon I have no other reference to work from.

I was debating the scratch building option, the problem being that for the foreseeable I have no reference books that are not related to GW, so other than the photo shown in the 4mm wagon I have no other reference to work from.

Local Library? if they have not got it they can order it in from elsewhere.

Phil T.

Hi

Did D&S do a model of a GNR 8 Wheel Brake van and if so does anyone know if Mr Pinnock would be interested in releasing it again in 4mm scale please?

Ian

Yes he did I have one. I must get around to finishing it.

Guest notascoobie

Hi

Did D&S do a model of a GNR 8 Wheel Brake van and if so does anyone know if Mr Pinnock would be interested in releasing it again in 4mm scale please?

Ian

Mine's busily going back in time from LNER to GNR.

Mind you, the photos of one in BR days look interesting.....

Regards,

Vernon

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the other day that D&S un-made kits are commanding a pretty decent premium on EBay.

Many years ago I purchased one of these kits when I aspired to build an LNER layout, but a change in interests means that it has lain un-made in a drawer for the past 15-20 years and in all honesty I am unlikely to ever build it. I notice some of the posts in this thread indicate that some D&S kits have been reissued recently, although I see no reference to kit DS 305 described as a LNER 32' 'General' Van built in 1926 to Diagram 86. Any idea how much this particular kit might be worth? An indication of value will help me decide whether to list it on e-bay or keep it for practising my kit building skills.

Regards

David

Most of the patterns for the white metal wagon kits went to ABS Models.

I spoke to Adrian Swain at expoEM over the weekend about the LNWR kits in particular. He intends to produce new patterns for some of the kit components, but I didn't get the impression that they were a high priority.

• RMweb Gold

Many years ago I purchased one of these kits when I aspired to build an LNER layout, but a change in interests means that it has lain un-made in a drawer for the past 15-20 years and in all honesty I am unlikely to ever build it. I notice some of the posts in this thread indicate that some D&S kits have been reissued recently, although I see no reference to kit DS 305 described as a LNER 32' 'General' Van built in 1926 to Diagram 86. Any idea how much this particular kit might be worth? An indication of value will help me decide whether to list it on e-bay or keep it for practising my kit building skills.

Regards

David

I'd be more than happy to give you a fiver :mosking: :mosking: :mosking:

To be honest it's like anything else, if there are a couple of bidders then it depends what they are prepared to pay, I have seen the same kit (not yours though) go for £15, 25 &40 over a period of a year (not in that order), I personally don't bid much more than they cost new, sometimes the auction ends with me paying less.

Thanks guys,

It looks like you are saying kits produced by D&S Model have generally held their value pretty well over time. I believe that I paid £13 for the kit in the mid 1990's, so adjusting for inflation, that would be around £20 in today's money.

Anyway, I decided to pass it to my wife to sell on e-bay: she seems to be in a selling mood at the moment. I now just need to hope that it sells for more than 99p and if it fetches a good price I won't have to justify the cost of the JJA Autoballasters that should hopefully arrive in the post next month!

Regards

David

*snip*

I now just need to hope that it sells for more than 99p and if it fetches a good price I won't have to justify the cost of the JJA Autoballasters that should hopefully arrive in the post next month!

Regards

David

:laugh_mini2: :laugh_mini2: :laugh_mini2:

D&S on ebay for 99p? I think thats what the fanbois are paying for the 10 year old cellotape Danny used on the box!

You'll do fine, I'm sure.