Hatton’s Andrew Barclay RIP

Hmmm I'm thinking I need to redo these

I used what I'd had in my 'bits 'n' bobs' box and I'm thinking they look oversize

What do you think?

Got to agree with you I'm afraid ........ there's probably a good reason those toffee apples were consigned your 'bits 'n' bobs' box once upon a time !

• RMweb Gold

Toolbox yes or no?

The closest colour I’ve got is Halfrauds Brookland Green

Wondered if weathering would help blend it in

Placing it further towards the cab helps take the eye away from the different shade but ideally I wanted it as per the photo of the real thing

post-34603-0-27464600-1531938319_thumb.jpeg

post-34603-0-91118600-1531938328_thumb.jpeg

post-34603-0-22710400-1531938910_thumb.jpeg

post-34603-0-31891100-1531940478.jpeg

Edited by chuffinghell

Is that the new tool box the body is sitting on? It's a teensy bit overscale! ;)  :jester: 

More seriously, I think that if you weather the new box a little it will blend in, especially f you apply the weathering to all of the footplate fittings. I would suggest some weathering powders for the job, that way of you don't like the result, you can simply wash the effects off again.

• RMweb Gold

More seriously, I think that if you weather the new box a little it will blend in, especially f you apply the weathering to all of the footplate fittings. I would suggest some weathering powders for the job, that way of you don't like the result, you can simply wash the effects off again.

Well I had an accident yesterday evening involving a hard floor and a loco that doesn't bounce, so I'm afraid no amount of weathering will help

RIP Andrew :sad_mini: 

Well I had an accident yesterday evening involving a hard floor and a loco that doesn't bounce, so I'm afraid no amount of weathering will help

'Strewth!!!!

Is she saveable or has she gone the way of all flesh?

C.

How bad is it. Sometimes the damage isn't quite as irredeemable as first impressions might suggest. 

I recently dropped my Bachmann E4 onto DougN's hard wooden floor; the damage was actually not too bad, with the dome popping off (it is only clip-fitted anyway), the chimney breaking off (I still have to fill a small joint gap on that), and the crew falling out, plus the handrails on one side and around the smokebox dislodging. Far less than I feared before I opened my eyes to inspect the model.

• RMweb Gold

'Strewth!!!!

Is she saveable or has she gone the way of all flesh?

C.

Unfortunately not

I take comfort in knowing she'll be looking down on me now from the big engine shed in the sky..............

...........calling me a clumsy #&%$er

Edited by chuffinghell

Unfortunately not

I take comfort in knowing she'll be looking down on me now from the big engine shed in the sky

er

Haveing had a K's 1361 kit go off the end of the baseboard through the loft hatch exploding at it hit a stair half way down to the ground floor I know and can imagin your problem!

How ever don't give up on her, glue has been invented and it sticks plastic quite nicely and easier than white metal

I am sure you have built a few plastic kits in your life...prepair for your latest challenge! Even if you can't face it right now I am sure there will be more than one wet day over the winter where their will be the usual crud on the tv

Yes I did rebuild said flying 1361 useing some new bits from detail suppliers

Perhaps yours might not look like a new andrew Barclay but perhaps some mongrel built in the local workshop

Just put the deceased aside for that Rainey day when you can face it

Edited by Graham456

• RMweb Gold

Oh no dude! Is it just the body that took the fall or is it the chassis too? The toolbox was looking good.

Just the body is damaged (well disintegrated) however the toolbox survived lol

Anybody need a chassis for a 7mm narrow gauge project?

Has your parcel arrived?

Edited by chuffinghell

Just the body is damaged (well disintegrated) however the toolbox survived lol

Anybody need a chassis for a 7mm narrow gauge project?

Has your parcel arrived?

Mend it as carefully as you can, glue that dratted toolbox on, repaint then give it the mother of all weathering jobs to turn it into a poor loco, down on its luck and one wheels turn away from a visit to Dr GasAxe...

ie Just before the Preservation blokes got their hands on it!

Edited by Hroth

I agree that the body is repairable. Glue and filler will sort it. It might need a complete respray afterwards but plastic is very easy to work with. Don't give up on it. I certainly wouldn't. I'd be gutted though. I'm having to do a repaint on a 16mm scale locomotive after removing nameplates that had been superglued on which on Removing damaged the paintwork. Just a setback, that's all.

Ian

• Like 1

It must have been a pretty big drop - My 'Coronation' ran off the end of the layout and onto a hard floor at a show back in May (About 3-4ft up) and the only bit that fell off was the front cosmetic coupling.

Surely there is something to salvage there?