Railwells 2018

DLT

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there Sunday and with luck part of Saturday as well. It's my favorite show of the year, in such a lovely location, the only downside being the need to patronise that dastardly George Warleggan's banking establishment.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hello

Intending to drive up Sunday and suggestions for day parking near by?.

Thx

G.

There's usually dedicated parking in the field adjoining the Cathedral and Bishops palace - sometimes free sometimes not depending on boot sales etc.

• RMweb Premium

Just in case anyone doesn't already know, Railways will be a very rare (possibly once only) opportunity to see John Greenwood's entire North Cornwall system in 2mm finescale.

Including Wadebridge, Boscarne, Bodmin North, the whole Wenford Bridge line, and currently under construction, Padstow.

Details of the preparations on this thread:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/78121-the-north-cornwall-line-in-2mm-finescale/page-12

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The you will probably come along the A371 from Shepton Mallet, https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2056399,-2.6457708,15.93z

Turn right at the roundabout into Priory Road, right into Southover, and right again into Silver Street.  Follow this road until it ends at the Bishops Palace Moat, the carpark is in the field on the right.

Walk out of the carpark and go straight ahead with the moat on your right.At the far end, go through the arch on the left and you are in the main square/market place. 

The Town Hall (AKA Warleggan Bank) is on the left.  If you are early, there's a very nice coffee shop by the arch.

Cheers, Dave.

This question comes up every year! This map may help, the parking spot is where the arrow is:-

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=355252&y=145599&z=115&sv=355252,145599&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=648&ax=355252&ay=145599&lm=0

I believe there's a parking charge of £3.00 on the Saturday because of a car boot sale.

This listing of map co-ords might help with a satnav

OS X (Eastings) 355252

OS Y (Northings) 145599

Nearest Post Code BA5 1US

Lat (WGS84) N51:12:28 (51.207835)

Long (WGS84) W2:38:31 (-2.641944)

Lat,Long 51.207835,-2.641944

Nat Grid ST552455 / ST5525245599

mX -294099

mY 6624815

Mapcode GBR MN.44H7

what3words flow.painters.rejoined

Edited by PenrithBeacon

• RMweb Gold

I am as always looking forward to this show as I shall be manning the South Western Circle stand Number 3 http://www.lswr.org/  all week positioned on the ground floor appropriately opposite John Greenwood's seven yes seven layouts combined of the North Cornwall Railway in 2mm finescale http://www.rmweb.co....nescale/page-12 as mentioned  by Dave above, surely a unique chance to view such incredible modelling is worthy of a visit to the show alone. 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1

Looking forward to displaying "Amiens 1918 - Tracks & Trenches" over the weekend! Will it's first public display with DCC Sound too! 

Quick question though, where do we unload our cars too during set-up? (Don't want to get a ticket before the day starts) :) 

Callum

post-20663-0-04598000-1533308109_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

At the front door, in the Market Place/Square.  Are you arriving Friday evening?  Its awkward to unload on Saturday morning due to the market setting up, it can be done though.

At the front door, in the Market Place/Square.  Are you arriving Friday evening?  Its awkward to unload on Saturday morning due to the market setting up, it can be done though.

Thanks for the info! That's good to know. I'll be setting-up Saturday morning, due to work Friday Evening. 

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the info! That's good to know. I'll be setting-up Saturday morning, due to work Friday Evening. 

Surely Chris Challis (exhibition manager/organiser) should be answering this question, or should have already provided this kind of information?

• RMweb Gold

Rather looking forward to this. Looks like there has been a change of heart and I will no longer be working on into the wee small hours on Sunday. I should, therefore, be a bit more awake at the show than anticipated.

Rob.

• Like 1

The you will probably come along the A371 from Shepton Mallet, https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2056399,-2.6457708,15.93z

Turn right at the roundabout into Priory Road, right into Southover, and right again into Silver Street.  Follow this road until it ends at the Bishops Palace Moat, the carpark is in the field on the right.

Walk out of the carpark and go straight ahead with the moat on your right.At the far end, go through the arch on the left and you are in the main square/market place. 

The Town Hall (AKA Warleggan Bank) is on the left.  If you are early, there's a very nice coffee shop by the arch.

Cheers, Dave.

Roger that all makes sense looking forward to it.

Thx,

G.

This question comes up every year! This map may help, the parking spot is where the arrow is:-http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=355252&y=145599&z=115&sv=355252,145599&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=648&ax=355252&ay=145599&lm=0

I believe there's a parking charge of £3.00 on the Saturday because of a car boot sale.

This listing of map co-ords might help with a satnav

OS X (Eastings) 355252

OS Y (Northings) 145599

Nearest Post Code BA5 1US

Lat (WGS84) N51:12:28 (51.207835)

Long (WGS84) W2:38:31 (-2.641944)

Lat,Long 51.207835,-2.641944

Nat Grid ST552455 / ST5525245599

mX -294099

mY 6624815

Mapcode GBR MN.44H7

what3words flow.painters.rejoined

All noted let's hope for quiet traffic.

Thx,

G.

• RMweb Gold

Looks like it shouldn't be too hot as the building can get stuffy on hot days. Might be there or not this year.

Nope, definitely there in the same building as always.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

I really wish I could make it down to Wells this weekend to see John Greenwood's entire North Cornwall system in 2mm finescale.but having spent all last weekend at the SVR I don’t think swmbo would be impressed if I announced a visit to Wells

It’s also probably a 300 mile round trip.

I just have to hope John will exhibit it again in the future.

Hope the exhibition goes well.

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Just in case anyone doesn't already know, Railways will be a very rare (possibly once only) opportunity to see John Greenwood's entire North Cornwall system in 2mm finescale.

Including Wadebridge, Boscarne, Bodmin North, the whole Wenford Bridge line, and currently under construction, Padstow.

Details of the preparations on this thread:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/78121-the-north-cornwall-line-in-2mm-finescale/page-12

Main reason for my visit.

Brilliant show as ever with inspirational layouts, knowledgable demonstrators and traders with all those bits you just cannot find anywhere.

So many great layouts but Mini MSW (of course), Clutton, Bodmin & Wadebridge, Navigation Road, Amiens, ...in fact they were all superb.

Also the exhibition guide includes track plans of many of the layouts, how good is that?

Thanks to all involved for all their efforts in making this the great show it is.

//Simon