A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Took me a while to find that one in the book - there's a signal box in the way of most of the coach in Plate 92.

Wonder if it was an excursion? (the coach not the signal box)

Plate 97 has another 12 wheel ex-LNWR coach exiled to the SW.

Is that really an LNWR coach or is it the remains of the 12 wheeler wot was a 12 wheel SR Inspecton Saloon and went to the Bluebell?

Phil

Edit wheels because I was drunk when I posted ....sorry.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Is that really an LNWR coach or is it the remains of the 12 wheeler wot was a 21 wheel SR Inspecton Saloon and went to the Bluebell?

Phil

Caption says LNWR sleeper.

Elsewhere on the web there are other images of the same coach at Lyme captioned "West Coast Joint Stock, LNWR sleeping carriage, at Lyme Regis on 28/6"

Thanks and I'd like to echo your sentiments and wish everyone on this thread a Merry Christmas whether you just read, lurk in the background , contribute or follow this thread you all make it worthwhile. Have a good one, preferably washed down with a glass or two of Somerset cider.

Hall class 5993 Kirby Hall on a down express to the west on the embankment as Peter Hazell finishes his post round below.

attachicon.gif

Copyright Chris Nevard/ Model Rail.

As it will no doubt be Christmas Eve when this gets read; a Happy Christmas from me on t'other side of Pond and a thank you for putting up with a tinplate view of modelling on this classy OO thread.  Also thanks for the prototype updates and info which keep me up to date.

Merry Christmas

Brian.

• Like 3

Overcoming my annoyance at the £2 off advanced booking that ends up costing you £3 in charges (small fee my ar$e) I am planning to go to the Chiltern show at Stevenage on Jan 13th.

Anyone else?

Barb Ginmyarse

I'll be there both days, well 3 actually, as I'll be helping set up

and break down (it is, after all, my local show!)

Thanks and I'd like to echo your sentiments and wish everyone on this thread a Merry Christmas whether you just read, lurk in the background , contribute or follow this thread you all make it worthwhile. Have a good one, preferably washed down with a glass or two of Somerset cider.

Hall class 5993 Kirby Hall on a down express to the west on the embankment as Peter Hazell finishes his post round below.

attachicon.gifEmbankment.jpg

Copyright Chris Nevard/ Model Rail.

Many thanks and wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year......

Carry on keeping us entertained with ANTB for another year please!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well I wish I could be nodding every day y

When the filthy mogul and the spams come out to play

I wish I could be nodding every day y

Let the prairies out for Christmas.

Well I wish I could be nodding every day y

When the Finchings and the airmen come to play

I wish I could be nodding every day

Let the b-set run this Christmas.

Come on you lot, take it!!!

With absolutely no apologies to Roy Wood.

Mo Gull xxx

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1