A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Regarding your drawing of our attention to the vandalism on the SVR, Robin, I've always held the view that 'Banksy' is no more than a vandal and a criminal, defacing public property in that way (and thus engendering 'copycat' and the like crimes), rather than being 'feted' by the poncy end of 'society' as some kind of a fartist.

The way that his 'work' now attracts high prices is sadly indicative of the state of some parts of 'society' these days.

• RMweb Gold

Regarding your drawing of our attention to the vandalism on the SVR, Robin, I've always held the view that 'Banksy' is no more than a vandal and a criminal, defacing public property in that way (and thus engendering 'copycat' and the like crimes), rather than being 'feted' by the poncy end of 'society' as some kind of a fartist.

The way that his 'work' now attracts high prices is sadly indicative of the state of some parts of 'society' these days.

Totally agree, CK.

Try as I might I see nothing of note in respect of graffiti other than something that defaces that upon which it is displayed.

From my travels in Europe this appears more prevalent there and I fervently hope it does not become the problem here that it is there.

One unfortunate side effect of this is we see model railway manufacturers mimicking this by offering models with graffiti on them. In doing so, do they add credibility to such criminal behaviour?

Even if I modelled the prototype I would not buy such models.

Grumpy Rob.

Probably done by a moron with half a brain and a small penus.

Moron - Definately

Half a brain - I doubt if they have one

Small whatsit - Thats what serves as a brain 

• Like 2