FARISH WEBSITE UPDATES

Crepello

I have some pre-orders with Hattons that may be a while coming (Castle for instance). If they honour they price promise, I will go ahead. If they change their prices I shall just cancel the order and go to my local model shop instead (which I probably should do anyway).

• Like 1

I cancelled my order.

I just will wait for polybulks to come down in price or look on ebay next year.

Why bother with offering pre order prices at all??? I have pre ordered a class 31 with another shop so will be interesting to see if that one stays at same price.

Tim

Why bother with offering pre order prices at all???

The must-have modeller, will typically pay the premium price

I can't quite remember how long the premium price discount has to be applied, from memory it is 10 weeks, thereafter the retailer can then sell the stock at any price they want

This presents an issue for the modeller on what are expected to be high demand items, such as the Mark 2A TSO

With respect to the Class 37/4, I don't expect there to be much too demand for 37406 (Triple Grey Distribution), but retailers may run out of 37407 (Large Logo Blue), and so prices may reflect that in 3 months time

• RMweb Gold

I cancelled my order.

I just will wait for polybulks to come down in price or look on ebay next year.

Why bother with offering pre order prices at all???

That is your perogative, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the price of the polybulks to come down.  The 4mm batch sold out pretty quickly and the second batch were even more expensive...

If somewhere doesn't honour their pre-order prices then either take your custom elsewhere or take the risk in future - that simple.  There is no reason why they have to honour the pre-order prices and most specifically say they will decide closer to the time (ie when they know the actual retail price).

Cheers, Mike

Hi,

I would say Hattons behaved in this case in an exemplary manner. They pre-sold for the given price and held to their side of the contract. I expect most of you will have seen how they have priced some new developments - for example on the MK2Fs

"RRP withdrawn by Bachmann so price estimated - we will notify you if price rises & offer option to cancel"

I also regard that as fully professional and applaud them

es grüßt

pc

The TMC large logo blue 37/0 limited edition has sat around for a long time without selling out ... Perhaps people aren't so well aware of it, or assume TMC only sell it weathered at a premium? Currently 89.99 directly from them on eBay in basic condition. OR perhaps large logo blue isn't as popular as people think?

The TMC large logo blue 37/0 limited edition has sat around for a long time without selling out

As discussed in another topic, it's not actually that accurate (when compared to reference photos)

I was considering it, not strictly correct for my layout, but for these reasons did not purchase one

Equally, I have considered the standard version but couldn't find a suitable candidate for renumbering

Pics of actual 4Fs on site now, despite showing OO models when you go into steam loco listing.

Do you have a link please ? I am having trouble navigating that site,

all I can do is click on the steam listings and just get a bigger popup jpg (no description, blurb etc ) so I dont know if I am looking at N or 00 :(

Thanks.

Edited by MalcolmAL

Do you have a link please ? I am having trouble navigating that site,

all I can do is click on the steam listings and just get a bigger popup jpg (no description, blurb etc ) so I dont know if I am looking at N or 00 :(

Thanks.

These are the N gauge pop-up pictures, as indicated by the couplings and the catalogue numbers:

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/farish/372-060.jpg&cat_no=372-060&info=0&width=650&height=254

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/farish/372-061.jpg&cat_no=372-061&info=0&width=650&height=251

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/farish/372-062.jpg&cat_no=372-062&info=0&width=650&height=254

From: http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=farish&prod=2

Edited by BR(S)

Customer services would not be drawn in yesterday on why they have removed the Farish Class 87 electric models (or their Class 90 for that matter) that were announced last year namely City of London 87005 in Inter-City livery or Royal Sovereign 87002 in BR blue........for those who were looking forward to the models.

Quite a shame - I was hoping to be able to have checked the models out by now......I can only imagine how neat both would have looked hauling the new Mk2f and Mk3 coaches.   :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Standard 4MT tank locos now have date shown--October/November.

As much as I would like to believe that, considering we haven't even seen an EP yet I'd be suprised!

The latest arrivals page is now showing 4Fs and Class 31s due within 60 days.

Tom.