FARISH WEBSITE UPDATES

Crepello

• 2 weeks later...

I notice this morning that the Merchant Navys have popped up in the due in 60 days list. 

Tom. 

Today they have disappeared again.  The product list now shows 35023 and 35024 due June/July and 35021 and 35028 due July/Aug.  The N class have also slipped to July/Aug.  Still, extra time to prepare the wallet.

Graham

On the Farish website they have now linked in photos of the models of their Southern PLVs and Bogie Bs.

Looking at the era-5 versions, the PLV (374-417) and the Bogie B (374-631) appear to be very different shades of green.

Should that be the case? I expected them to be the same.

Cheers,

Ed

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Engineering sample of the BR standard 4 tank now on the front page and 47096 expected in the next 30 days.

Just had an email from Liverpool to say that 47096 is on its way......quick 30 days!

Edited by acg5324

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here. I had hoped I might have a 4MT Tank in my Christmas stocking but not to be. The pace of new releases in British N is definitely slowing. I think production issues in China and increasing costs are having an impact but it was pretty inevitable that the pace of new releases would slow at some point it just wasn't sustainable and we have been well and truly spoiled in recent years.

I have my A2s at last, I can wait for my 4MT Tank for while, I am happy to have all the fabulous new models I do. That's not to say I wouldn't like an Ivatt Mogul or whatever, just that I accept that going forward there is still a backlog of announced models to clear and the one or two loco announcements we do have each year realistically may not fit my modelling plans.

Might this lead to the renaissance of the kit manufacturer maybe?

Roy

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Oh well, on the bright side, more time to save the pennies!

It's interesting though, that this time last year my pre-order list was a thing of horror. Now the 4MT is the only thing on it. The boom years most definitely appear to be over.

Tom.

Edited by TomE

• 1 month later...

4MT 80119 has now appeared on the due in 60 days list so hopefully fairly imminent! 

Tom. 

Yet still a picture of the OO model on all of the retailer sites. Hopefully review samples arrive soon so we can see the N gauge model in the flesh..

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Today's update still shows the 'squiggles' against 80027 and 80119. Some info from 'on high' would be nice. Hopefully they've not gone back to China like the A2s!

Today's update still shows the 'squiggles' against 80027 and 80119. Some info from 'on high' would be nice. Hopefully they've not gone back to China like the A2s!

Given they were apparently imminent it does make me wonder if they have been rejected and returned for some reason. I agree clarification would be good even if a delivery date cannot be given.

Roy

• Like 1