No Decorum

Class 59 in 00

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

I hope with all the delay they announce FL and GBRF ones! I'd buy both of them, not bothered about the ones they have announced unfortunately.

I do know it's not their fault DB sold them in the meantime and there is a period of relevance for that livery (even now some are debranded).

A debranded one could be quite nice since they ran like that for a little while. Would mean minimal cost to Dapol as well

• Agree 2

Easy to renumber 206 to any of the other 59,2 as i doubt the rest will be done to quick,they may do it themselves before release and do the GBRF 59003 and some Hanson or Aggregrate Industry liveried ones,plenty to do and all are popular to model.Would have prefered this out before the 66 to be honest.

26 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

as i doubt the rest will be done to quick

No but as I do try and keep things current (and I aren't looking for an argument about the supposed futility of this) I don't want to knowingly buy a loco that's going to be reliveried before long.

28 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Hanson

This would be great, preferable to

28 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Aggregrate Industry

Purely because Bachmann have done AI in the 66. Also worth noting it's about the cheapest 66 available at the moment which given its celebrity status (numerous 59s in that livery, just one 66) doesn't say much for the popularity of the livery.

There may well be another livery as 59003 is in paint shop at Eastleigh works,

8 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Interesting. Probably taking it out if EP if they are painting it?

9 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

As I understand it, its just having a refresh/touch up.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Masked up ready to lose the Europorte roundels.

http://www.carlswatson.com/Trains/Galleries 2020/G202005/20200515ArlingtonEastleighWorks/eastleighworks15thmay20207.html

I never thought they sat very well on the 59 and 66s, the simple blue and orange blocks looking much nicer on the body shape

Jo

Well I am glad that I got 66756 in EP, as I quite like it. I was thinking I'd have 59003 in it when Dapol do it but I bet they'll do it in the modified livery (and agree that it's what they should do).

When Dapol do 59003 it will be interesting to see if/how they model the top centre headlight, or if (like Hornby) they just put a sticker in its place?

6 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

When Dapol do 59003 it will be interesting to see if/how they model the top centre headlight, or if (like Hornby) they just put a sticker in its place?

Let's hope they have tooled it properly. Otherwise they may as well just pick another 59 to do instead. The Hornby one gets away with it as it's about £65 after discount! This is over £130 after discount.

That could be why they haven't announced it yet, get the main vehicle sorted out and released then do a tooling mod for 003?

7 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

I very much doubt that would happen.  The Hornby model dates from when it was tooled by Lima 30 years ago or so, the Dapol one will be highly detailed like the rest of their recent releases

• Agree 4

Another livery to have a go at - and in my opinion the worst yet to be carried by the class! OK, it stands out for being bright, but it's hardly on a par with the original National Power sceme, or the neat and purposeful Yeoman and ARC liveries. 

http://www.hondawanderer.com/59206_Hungerford_Common_2020.htm

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, JDW said:

Another livery to have a go at - and in my opinion the worst yet to be carried by the class! OK, it stands out for being bright, but it's hardly on a par with the original National Power sceme, or the neat and purposeful Yeoman and ARC liveries. 

http://www.hondawanderer.com/59206_Hungerford_Common_2020.htm

I like it to be honest! When I first saw the livery on a 66 I thought nah but it has really grown on me.

I'd be happy with one of these.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I like it to be honest! When I first saw the livery on a 66 I thought nah but it has really grown on me.

I'd be happy with one of these.

No it reminds me too much of those dodgy “you know when you’ve been tangoed” ads from the 1990’s.., when I see the livery the impact is much the same..

the second ad is even at a train station with some guy in a G&W outfit !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

You can tell it's the 90s because the youth dress differently to one another

• Like 1

Particularly that one in orange!!

Lucky it wasn't the 70's, it would have been lime green!!

(Anyone remember the Marina Jubilee?  !!)

Al.

• Agree 1

Looking forward to the ARC livery as it was something special when we visited whilst on holiday.

whatley_02.png.59001a993a44fb209905bfa53e7547ee.png

Also just ordered some British steel hoppers from Accurascale and one did go on trial in South Wales for a bit,

plus I will probably order some of the Arc & Yeoman wagons eventually.

Are we there yet? .... !!

Must be getting close?

Does anyone have any very-recent updated information wrt anticipated deliveries?

Al.

42 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Are we there yet? .... !!

Must be getting close?

Does anyone have any very-recent updated information wrt anticipated deliveries?

Al.

Last update on the digest on the 1st of April was they were finalising production with the factory as the factory was getting back to opening again. But on the JHA wagon side they said the wagons were going to be produced after the turbot wagons to coincide with the 59. So either way still looks to be a while longer as no production samples have been seen since the last batch of decorated samples at warley in 2018.

Anybody scene the first orange 59.. Thumbs up or down? I hope they don't touch the rest!! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Marcoblanco said:

Anybody scene the first orange 59.. Thumbs up or down? I hope they don't touch the rest!! 

Yes and love how it looks. Can’t wait to get my Dapol DB 59206 and straight away repaint it into its latest colours.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marcoblanco said:

Thumbs down. Looks like it was designed by someone who failed their GCSE Art and Design (or whatever the US equivalent is). 

Horrible colours and horribly applied.

Give me Yeoman or ARC any day. Even DB and Hanson looked pretty good compared to this.

Guy

Edited by lyneux
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Marcoblanco said:

Yeah for me the front end needs the yellow breaking up a bit. I think if the window surrounds/seels were painted black it would help it somewhat.

i don't mind the rest of it!

Apologies for the livery froth lol

• Agree 1