'Compton Abbas'

georgeT

Still a good S & D Loco mate, there the Dogs whatsits.

Yes l must agree with you there Mate it is a lovely loco and runs really well, l think it would look far better as 43529 with some real coal and weathered up a little ?

The Coal lump in those is Steel so also adds weight, under that there are some holes into the Tender and above the electrics, (DCC Socket) so be careful when adding Coal to it. I use real Coal Dust, I meant to scoop up another little jar full at the GCR last week as I'm running low.

Blimey George

It's been that long since I've been on here I didn't even know you had started this let alone already being up to eight pages and work well and truly underway. Shall be following along with interest now mate.

Cheers

Marcus

Hello Marcus, Glad you found my thread, l really was not enjoying BS, it just was not working for me so l decided to scrap it and DCC and build something that l would enjoy (hopefully), l sold all the stock to finance CA and sold most of the buildings and re-used all the track so it wasn't a complete waste, also l have got some commissions to build some more backside buildings for the guy who bought the buildings from BS, so some good has come from it.... off to Stafford soon with Andy....

Have a great day out George. Luckily the weathers a bit better today than yesterday. Wouldn't have fancied driving too far in yesterday's conditions. I just ventured as far as the local model shop to get some track and that was bad enough.

Glad your enjoying your new venture. If a layouts not giving you any pleasure then there's not point in carrying on.

BS definitely wasn't a waste as it gave a lot of people a lot of inspiration. Me included. Will we see any green diesels at all? Some small western region hydraulics such as a Hymek, 22 or 14 would be right at home trundling around on a pick up goods.

Sorry but, I do like my diesels......

Cheers

Marcus

Evening George,

Hope you and the other boys had a really good time at Stafford - any pics to come?

I've got my fingers crossed that this layout satisfies your needs, and you end up less frustrated!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Morning Lads, Yes we had a great day out at Stafford, met Richard and Ray with AA, a very nice little layout, saw some really great layouts. and my favourite was 82G l fall in love with O gauge everytime l see it, but l really was impressed with 'Much Murkle' a really outstanding layout, and its going to be the basis of my 'Compton Abbas' layout it was that impressive ...

post-7716-0-73676200-1454919964_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-03788600-1454919967_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-50148200-1454919969_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-57739300-1454919971_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-95354000-1454920038_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-18854700-1454920042_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-41245300-1454920044_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-04953600-1454920047_thumb.jpg

The only worrying bit is how much inspiration did George get and when we will see the new layout starting HaHaHa!!

Glad you had a good time though.

Marcus

Hi Marcus, There was a lot there to get inspired by, so l thought l would make a start with a water tower for 'Compton Abbas' nice kit to put together from Ratio, have to make the heater yet for under the arm, but its a start..also.had to renforse the flimsy brass ladder with some suitable brass rod its now a lot more sturdier now...

post-7716-0-51195900-1454932133_thumb.jpg

Lovely pics George thank you. Glad that all you lads seem to ave enjoyed yourselves, and the juices appear to be flowing again !

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hello Jock, The juices are flowing again mate managed to get the 3f re-numbered to BR days...got some 2000 grit wet/dry papers at Stafford it just polishes the transfers off and nice and clean to fit the numbers on just need to give a blow over of some varnish, job done just need to get some decent crew now...

post-7716-0-31147300-1454950366_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-61582900-1454950377_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-94033500-1454950387_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-88889500-1454950393_thumb.jpg

Hi George

Remember with the S&D class 3 goods the leading sandbox was in front of the front wheel not the center one as on a Midland loco.

Thanks for the info Clive, l don't think l can change it now seems like a lot of work ? anyway l have given 43529 a coat of acrylic satin varnish now that the transfers have dried, waiting for a decent crew to arrive, can anyone suggest any...

post-7716-0-15247900-1454970739_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info Clive, l don't think l can change it now seems like a lot of work ? anyway l have given 43529 a coat of acrylic satin varnish now that the transfers have dried, waiting for a decent crew to arrive, can anyone suggest any...

Hi George.

We use Pete Goss, Mike Pete or Dart Castings crew (and figures) but you have to paint them (Polly in our case). I think the Pete Goss and Mike Pete figure are also available painted. Bachmann do a set but they're HO scale so can look a bit small as do a lot of others that claim to be 00 (1/76) scale.

Hi George.

We use Pete Goss, Mike Pete or Dart Castings crew (and figures) but you have to paint them (Polly in our case). I think the Pete Goss and Mike Pete figure are also available painted. Bachmann do a set but they're HO scale so can look a bit small as do a lot of others that claim to be 00 (1/76) scale.

l will have a look Ray thanks, makes a big difference having a loco crew on board, one of Bodgits big groans is to see a really good layout perfect in every way then spoiled by a train going by with no crew on board...

l will have a look Ray thanks, makes a big difference having a loco crew on board, one of Bodgits big groans is to see a really good layout perfect in every way then spoiled by a train going by with no crew on board...

Even more so when its Western Region with OPEN CABS moving about a Depot, chuff chuff chuffing and in O GAUGE.

Been busy today getting CA all wired up and running, started with a copper bus bar..much easier to solder the droppers onto, the bars look a bit bent but thats the reflection they are all firmly stuck down...

post-7716-0-04953600-1455052338_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-00444800-1455052345_thumb.jpg

Archived