Trainspotting TV Show

Andy Y

They've done similar things to this before. I'm thinking about Railwatch on BBC and Going Loco on Channel 4. Going Loco was a season of rail related films and documentaries but they also had a live show from a preserved line hosted by Mike Read on the Bluebell Railway. I think that's correct, it was a long time ago. :senile:

With it being BBC4 then they are hopefully aiming it at the more intelligent and cultured end of the TV viewing public. As long as they avoid the clichés then it might be worthwhile. Hey it might even attract people to our hobby. We all know it needs new blood.

Jason

"00 gauge and 0 gauge can run on the same track"! Good luck with that....

And what on earth is "L gauge"? ;-)

Sure it's not "00 Gauge and H0 Gauge"?

Watching this on BBC4. Five minutes in and I'm cringing already. Jon Snows forced enthusiasm reminds me more of CBBC. It is catering to uninformed small children.

It's really NOT doing much to dispel the public opinion of anorak spotting nerds.

Been a bit of a 66 fest, not surprisingly.

Watching this on BBC4. Five minutes in and I'm cringing already. Jon Snows forced enthusiasm reminds me more of CBBC. It is catering to uninformed small children.

It's really NOT doing much to dispel the public opinion of anorak spotting nerds.

Been a bit of a 66 fest, not surprisingly.

Jon Snow's on Ch4 News.

This is the other one - Peter- as unwatchable as Chris Evans in my book.

• Administrators

A programme described as being about 'Trainspotting' is of no relevance to me or I suspect my freinds who share my interest in either railways or modelling.

Well then don't watch. Plenty of other channels.

Archived