When will we see a SLW class 25

So we have had the 24 for getting on for a year now, when do we think SLW will release a class 25?  Warley would be a good bet I suppose, fingers crossed.  What do others think, is this wildly optimistic?  or an odds on certainty.  And just to waste everyone's time and annoy some of the grumpy old sods on here what should they make next?  Assuming a class 25 is on the cards that is.

So we have had the 24 for getting on for a year now, when do we think SLW will release a class 25?  Warley would be a good bet I suppose, fingers crossed. 

Doubt anything will be announced at Warley, SLW doesn't work like that.

• RMweb Premium

I'm hoping a 25 is on the cards. I quite fancy an SLW product but I already have two Bachmann 24s and really don't need another. On the other hand I've only one 25 and it's a Hornby one dating from 1977. Nice model for it's time , but certainly if an SLW 25 were available I'd give it a go.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

p

I personally would like to see 24/1 headcode box variants first - I have a preference for 'tinbox' rather than 'bluebox'. Not so sure my bank account would however.

There's probably not much in it now given recent Bachmann pricing. And if know who I'd rather support even if there's a small differential Edited by Legend

if you look at it from a marketing point of view ,would SLW want to go head to head with a Bachmann 24 (headcode version).As there next model ?

Yes! The SLW version would be streets ahead of the Bachmann version.

• RMweb Premium

So we have had the 24 for getting on for a year now, when do we think SLW will release a class 25?  Warley would be a good bet I suppose, fingers crossed.  What do others think, is this wildly optimistic?  or an odds on certainty.  And just to waste everyone's time and annoy some of the grumpy old sods on here what should they make next?  Assuming a class 25 is on the cards that is.

Hi

I do believe that Mr Sutton can be contacted by letter, telephone or that newfangled e-mail thingy. It might be an idea to ask him, he may say he has not got any immediate plans but with enough people enquiring  he may alter his production schedule. So instead of talking with each other bung him a e-mail, call him or write to him.

I have asked if he is going to do a ER allocated Sulzer Bo-Bo, a Finsbury Park engine with trip-cock gear and the neat yellow panel with the thin green line between lining band and the yellow.

I met Phil & Jamie at the Chatham show, lovely people to talk to, however, Phil keeps everything about SLW closely to his chest which is understandable but rather frustrating from my point of view as I can't wait for the next release.

The SLW class 25's can't be that far away and I believe will be more popular than the class 24's.

As Clive Mortimer posted earlier, contact Phil and pass on your thoughts to him with your ideas on possible future livery's and versions that you would like to see produced next and I'm sure Phil will take everything into account.

Edited by Brian Hawkins

• RMweb Gold

When I was talking to Philip a while ago about my purchase of 24063, I commented that I was looking forward to their next model, his reply was that he had to sell a lot more 24s yet.

Whenever it comes and whatever it is, I am sure to will be top-drawer and that I will end up buying several. For me a 25 would be ideal. Having said that, saving for another couple of 24s yet.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I e-mailed Phil, and got a reply within a very short time.

This is my summary of the reply.  There are future plans for more variations of the BR Type 2, but these can only happen with continued sales of the models available. As to what the future holds to give SLW credit they will be announced as and when any new model is available. This avoids disappointment if there are delays (or even worst a no show as has happened recently with other manufacturers-my addition).  As for my own specific request for an ER loco, it is been noted (so could be a maybe in the future) but if I am that desperate I can always revert back to modelling.

Just keep checking SLW website for updates.

• Like 1

There are future plans for more variations of the BR Type 2, but these can only happen with continued sales of the models available.

"When they've flogged all their 24s" ! (See above).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

"When they've flogged all their 24s" ! (See above).

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi John

Please read my post, Phil's e-mail to me did not say when they had sold all their 24s but continued sales of their models.

Hi John

Please read my post, Phil's e-mail to me did not say when they had sold all their 24s but continued sales of their models.

Clive,

I appreciate the subtle nuances, but the essential message is that new developments rely on revenue from sales of preceding models - I think that we can agree on that?

Regards,

John.

I personally would like to see 24/1 headcode box variants first - I have a preference for 'tinbox' rather than 'bluebox'. Not so sure my bank account would however.

The circuit board schematic diagram on the SLW website page shows function output options for front and rear headlights - only ScR 24/1's with headcode boxes had them fitted - no headlights on 25's ? so hopefully ?

As for the option of a Bach v SLW 24/1 -that's a no brainer regardless of when either of them eventually appear....

• RMweb Gold

The circuit board schematic diagram on the SLW website page shows function output options for front and rear headlights - only ScR 24/1's with headcode boxes had them fitted - no headlights on 25's ? so hopefully ?

As for the option of a Bach v SLW 24/1 -that's a no brainer regardless of when either of them eventually appear....

And to prove there is always the odd exception: http://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/galas/070701.htm

Only fitted in preservation though I think.

Roy

• 4 years later...
  • AY Mod locked this topic