New N gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 electric locomotive project

DJM Dave

Hi Dave,

I just expressed interest in two. One question. How will you deal with international orders?

Thanks,

John P

Hi John,

Shipping will be offered according to how you wish it to travel to you, and VAT free. Vat removed on the whole on the last payment.

HTH

Dave

Dave,

What is the minimum order for the 92 in both scales? 

Graham.

Hi Graham,

At the moment I'm working on 1000 units. Which doesn't seem a lot, but bear in mind this is a full crowdfunded project not a partially funded one, so it might take a little longer than most would hope.

In an ideal world I'd like to push the button on this project in October, but we shall see how many 'expressions' the press releases bring. Plus there's word of mouth from you, the modeller to your N gauge friends that will push this over the line and onto the right track (sorry ;-))

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I've been collating figures and numbers today for this project and have put them down in a chart which  will update every week.

To keep figures secret from prying eyes, I've made each block count for x amount of items 'expressed' but it gives you all an idea of the split between models people require. I found it very interesting looking at that. (oh and the OO and N are different figures so their chart looks different.

Anyway, for now, enjoy speculating and don't forget to 'express an interest' soon.

Follow this link to 'express' yourself......  http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=47

Cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-79216400-1472402769_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Interesting difference in results between the scales. Wonder if GBRF Is more popular in N with people aiming to use them on their Greenergy Revolution TEAs? RFD a distant third rather than streaking ahead too.

Seemingly a higher proportion of sound in N as well, which is counterintuitive I'd say.

I think that its harder to retrofit sound in N. But I've ordered my Pendolinos and my 320 with DCC sound and I'll do the same on the 92's.

I also went for the most current liveries, hence DBS and GBRF. If Caledonian sleeper becomes an option I might well get one of those instead/as well.

John P

• Like 1

Does this mean CAD work has started or just research and all that?

I think you need to view the 3 current crowd-funding ideas differently from DJM's catalogue items. If I understand it the current stage is "expressions of interest" for DJM to decide whether any of them are commercially viable. If they are then each will then require people to commit and then to pay the first stage payment to fund the CAD work. So the CAD stage is some way off.

Hi Mike,

Pretty much correct, thanks.

The cad cam could start in earnest tomorrow as everything is in place bar enough people to say 'yes please'.

There is nothing left research wise, works drawings wise, and permissions wise (except Caledonian / Serco) to do now..........

........except the hard bit. Lol

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

And how are things looking on the volume of expressions Dave?

Ticking along.

I'll do another chart this week just before 'tings' so we all have an idea of where it's heading before the adverts etc appear in the magazines.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

That will teach me for not reading things properly, I expressed interest in the non-Dcc assuming the other was just Dcc chipped (not sound). Will I have the opportunity to opt in for the sound option later on? Or should I reregister my interest?

I have also rushed into expressing interest before reading it properly. I didn't realise the DCC option was sound either! On top of that, as it's a triple grey unbranded I really want, I selected the RfD, not realising the SNCF one would probably be easier to modify.

So it is possible to modify my 'order', or should I just submit another? I put myself down for an EWS and an RfD, both DC only. What I want is DCC sound EWS and SNCF (unless a triple grey unbranded is announced).

I have also rushed into expressing interest before reading it properly. I didn't realise the DCC option was sound either! On top of that, as it's a triple grey unbranded I really want, I selected the RfD, not realising the SNCF one would probably be easier to modify.

So it is possible to modify my 'order', or should I just submit another? I put myself down for an EWS and an RfD, both DC only. What I want is DCC sound EWS and SNCF (unless a triple grey unbranded is announced).

Hi,

please put in another order, and i'll try and delete your one from the system in the meantime.

cheers

Dave

That will teach me for not reading things properly, I expressed interest in the non-Dcc assuming the other was just Dcc chipped (not sound). Will I have the opportunity to opt in for the sound option later on? Or should I reregister my interest?

Hi,

it would be easier for me at this juncture for you to register your interest in the sound version please. 

i can try and remove the version you chose originally.

If i cant, the system will generate 2 invoices, so simply cancel the one you dont want when its time for delivery.

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

it would be easier for me at this juncture for you to register your interest in the sound version please. 

i can try and remove the version you chose originally.

If i cant, the system will generate 2 invoices, so simply cancel the one you dont want when its time for delivery.

cheers

Dave

Thanks for that Dave I've put my order in again this time for the sound versions and the one pack of cars that I originally wanted.