Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

I think myself and A few fellow modellers waited at least two weeks for delivery. I've ordered from them before not the speediest but items always arrive!

Simon

Anyone had any problems with communication and delivery from DRS in relation to their Limited edition model ?.

Ive been waiting well over a week now since placing the order. Had no info relating to despatch or reply to E Mails. Spoke to someone this morning to be told they would get back in touch, as yet....................nothing.

Not a good start for me unfortunately.

• Like 1

This for the next set of releases to be announced?

https://www.globalrailnews.com/2017/09/11/first-look-class-68-in-tpe-in-colours/

Ewwwww, I can't say I'm keen on the livery at all - it resembles something you'd likely find under the Christmas tree.  :blum:

The absence of yellow warning panels is interesting though, unless they are still to be applied...

• RMweb Gold

Ewwwww, I can't say I'm keen on the livery at all - it resembles something you'd likely find under the Christmas tree. :blum:

The absence of yellow warning panels is interesting though, unless they are still to be applied...

I doubt they will apply warning panels. TPE don't plan for their new multiple units to have them.

Roy

I doubt they will apply warning panels. TPE don't plan for their new multiple units to have them.

Roy

The rules were recently changed and depending on the headlights used (and other warning methods like horns) yellow panels are now optional. The TPE 68 does look a little odd...

Tony

• RMweb Gold

The rules were recently changed and depending on the headlights used (and other warning methods like horns) yellow panels are now optional. The TPE 68 does look a little odd...

Tony

Indeed, hence the class 345 EMUs having no warning panel either. Personally I have mixed feelings about it - I can see both sides of the argument. I guess if I was given the choice I would have kept them, purely through not wanting to regret my decision later.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Dapol are such an infuriating company for the N Gauge modeller. They can peddle a misshapen blob like the 142, but then come out with something that looks as good as those 68's! 

Is anyone able to confirm if the DRS livery error on the OO versions has been corrected on the N Gauge model?

Cheers,

Tom. 

Edited by TomE

Dapol are such an infuriating company for the N Gauge modeller. They can peddle a misshapen blob like the 142, but then come out with something that looks as good as those 68's! 

Is anyone able to confirm if the DRS livery error on the OO versions has been corrected on the N Gauge model?

Cheers,

Tom. 

It was a printing error, rather than a livery error. I had a brief discussion with a Dapol rep about the issue at TINGS and I have every confidence that the livery will be correct on the N gauge versions, as well as the new and rerun 00 gauge bodyshells.

• RMweb Premium

Has there been a department for really crappy liveries set up that I don't know about? That Transpennine livery looks terrible. Is it the same at the other end of the loco? If not you just know the loco will be coupled wrong way round

Guest Midland Mole

Don't worry, it's Dapol so there is bound to be something wrong with them! :P

Alex

• RMweb Gold

Picked up a Scotrail 68 at the weekend and planning to get sound for it, does the Std V4-21 Pin+ SuperBass Spk listed on dckits fit without any modifications to the loco?

Its not exactly clear to a noob what the difference between Std V4-21 Pin+ SuperBass Spk and the slightly cheaper Std V4 - 21 Pin + Bass Reflex Spk is.

Picked up a Scotrail 68 at the weekend and planning to get sound for it, does the Std V4-21 Pin+ SuperBass Spk listed on dckits fit without any modifications to the loco?

Its not exactly clear to a noob what the difference between Std V4-21 Pin+ SuperBass Spk and the slightly cheaper Std V4 - 21 Pin + Bass Reflex Spk is.

The Superbass Speaker is wider and need the chassis block trimming down, the Bass Reflex drops straight it.  The Circuit board need unscrewing and moving away from the speaker area by 5mm.

Charlie

• RMweb Gold

Probably in the minority here, but the TPE Class 68 has grown on me, I'd love to see Dapol do this in the next batch.

I am really not sure what I think of it. It is a bit less bland than many new liveries and will probably look good in model form. That said, it isn't my first love which is rail blue with yellow ends...

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Superbass Speaker is wider and need the chassis block trimming down, the Bass Reflex drops straight it.  The Circuit board need unscrewing and moving away from the speaker area by 5mm.

Charlie

Thanks, got my decoder and speaker today - excellent service :) Sounds quite nice even with the standard pre-solder speaker, will get the bass reflex fitted at some point.