Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Ahhh yes but the difference is, this time I ain't sellin owte my little Lincolnshire Punk friend.  :sarcastichand:  :blind:

I HAVE A PLAN. :O  :scared: 

I will be Building another small West Shed style Layout towards the end of 2018, or maybe even before, I have the board, well 4.5ft of it, and it will store under Penybont Sidings, which stores under the Kings Moreton Fiddle Yard, so well and truly sorted mate. :beee:

I am glad to see that like your trains your modelling goes round in circles :good: :good: :good: :swoon: :sarcastic:

You are going to have to add another storey to the shed this year Andy with all that's planned perhaps with a coffee drining area?

Planning authorities have turned down the application for a Viewing Gallery. 

So I need to dig out a Basement, :scared:  :scared:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Now your talking Andy .........it could extend beyond the outline of TOPS and extend beneath the bungalow ........ a real American dream  :senile:

• Like 1

Now your talking Andy .........it could extend beyond the outline of TOPS and extend beneath the bungalow ........ a real American dream  :senile:

And under the back fence and beyond. hahahah

:offtopic: NOW this is getting ridiculous Mr Peters, STOP IT NOW before it gets out of hand. :rtfm:   :threaten:  :threaten:  :threaten:

You should consider several basement levels as per those who live in the fashionable (!) west of London. Each level could hold a different layout

Paul R

And in a different Gauge, hahah

:offtopic:  I SAID; STOP IT. :threaten:  :threaten:  :threaten:  :threaten:  :blum:

Edited by Andrew P

Been into TOPS for a nice running session today, well mainly letting a couple of Locos circulate whilst looking at other jobs and ideas, mainly centred around the Station area.

I've also been sorting out some new Train Formations and fitting Kadees to some more Stock.

I'll do some new pics tomorrow.

• Like 5

Now that's a nice way to spend the day!

Not only a nice way, but more importantly the safest place to be after all the Mince Pies and MORE Christmas Pud last night, hahha

DON'T LIGHT THAT MATCH. :scared:  :scared:  ;)  :derisive:  :derisive:  :derisive: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Evening Andy. Late looking in after an interesting day.

Looking forward to the changes/developments in 2018.

I'll be up at Easter to assist if the new lady allows me (she wouldn't dare stop me).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Careful

There was a geezer in a village near ours in Essex who built himself a basement, luckily he was the end terrace, only his and half the neighbors house fell in the hole. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not only a nice way, but more importantly the safest place to be after all the Mince Pies and MORE Christmas Pud last night, hahha

DON'T LIGHT THAT MATCH. :scared:  :scared:  ;)  :derisive:  :derisive:  :derisive: 

Don't you yell at me, Mr Warwick!

Evening Andy. Late looking in after an interesting day.

Looking forward to the changes/developments in 2018.

I'll be up at Easter to assist if the new lady allows me (she wouldn't dare stop me).

Sounds Good Duncan, New Lady? wow mate, good news, why not bring her along?  Whoops NO, otherwise the Trader woudn't do enough business, hahahha.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Ahhh yes but the difference is, this time I ain't sellin owte my little Lincolnshire Punk friend.  :sarcastichand:  :blind:

I HAVE A PLAN. :O  :scared:  :scared:

I will be Building another small West Shed style Layout towards the end of 2018, or maybe even before, I have the board, well 4.5ft of it, and it will store under Penybont Sidings, which stores under the Kings Moreton Fiddle Yard, so well and truly sorted mate. :beee:

Hi Andy,

See good modellers can't be kept down by simple things like lack of space!  Had a good clear out in the loft today ahead of hopefully getting back to my O Gauge modelling, after 12 months of up and down.  Seem to have a bit of a mojo boost too!  New Year resolution is to tie the mojo to me, that way I can't lose it!

Given your plans for a new West Shed style layout, if you (or indeed anyone else reading this) wants any Peco pointwork, drop me a message.  There are normal and curve points, short and long crossovers and a couple of double slips, not to mention about 50 odd lengths of meter elngths available at a good price!  Most of it is unused, purchased about four or five years back for a OO gauge layout that never happened, a lot is boxed, some isn't, quite a few have unused Peco point motors attached (although they could be removed).  But if you want any trackwork Andy, let me know.  Cant be bothered eBaying it as its too much effort!  If you've enough already, thats fine, just thought I'd give you first choice and a heads up!

Your BR blue stock has spurred me on a bit, so keep going with the photos!

Rich

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

See good modellers can't be kept down by simple things like lack of space!  Had a good clear out in the loft today ahead of hopefully getting back to my O Gauge modelling, after 12 months of up and down.  Seem to have a bit of a mojo boost too!  New Year resolution is to tie the mojo to me, that way I can't lose it!

Given your plans for a new West Shed style layout, if you (or indeed anyone else reading this) wants any Peco pointwork, drop me a message.  There are normal and curve points, short and long crossovers and a couple of double slips, not to mention about 50 odd lengths of meter elngths available at a good price!  Most of it is unused, purchased about four or five years back for a OO gauge layout that never happened, a lot is boxed, some isn't, quite a few have unused Peco point motors attached (although they could be removed).  But if you want any trackwork Andy, let me know.  Cant be bothered eBaying it as its too much effort!  If you've enough already, thats fine, just thought I'd give you first choice and a heads up!

Your BR blue stock has spurred me on a bit, so keep going with the photos!

Rich

Thanks Rich, I'm fine for Track and Points, but if anyone else wants them, I'm sure they will come in handy.

Reminds me of a Railway Modellers' April Fools article back in the early 80s..

..about a guy building a London Underground layout beneath the floorboards...IIRC his wife finally put a stop to it after the kitchen floor collapsed - he'd sawed through a couple of joists to extend the District Line..!

Alan

Reminds me of a Railway Modellers' April Fools article back in the early 80s..

..about a guy building a London Underground layout beneath the floorboards...IIRC his wife finally put a stop to it after the kitchen floor collapsed - he'd sawed through a couple of joists to extend the District Line..!

Alan

Yes I remember that, but it came out about early March, so didn't work that well IIRC.

Yes I remember that, but it came out about early March, so didn't work that well IIRC.

I was half way through reading it before I realised it was a joke :fool:  I picked up my copy second hand a few months later so didn't immediately associate it with April Fools Day...That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it :)

• Like 3

Well today hasn't gone exactly to plan. 

For the last few days I've had a tightening of the Chest whenever I do things like bending down, getting dressed etc. Peter BB and a couple of others said to me at Club last night that I didn't look to well.

This morning it got a lot lot worse, and I was having trouble drawing even half a Lung of air, let alone a full lung of air, it was as if I was wearing a strait jacket but with no pain, just a tightness and difficulty breathing.

So I rang the Doctors for an appointment. Hahhahahhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhoooooooohahhahhah  :no:   :no:   :no:   :no:

Nothing today Mr Peters, we might be able to fit you in next week, unless you feel it's urgent.

I have a tightness of the Chest, no real pain, just a tightness and difficulty breathing.

Leave it with me Mr Peters, I might be able to get a Doctor or Duty Nurse to ring you.

About an Hour later, I had a call from the Duty Doctor.

What appears to be the problem Mr Peters?

I have a tightness in my chest and difficulty breathing, it's not constant but keeps coming an going every half hour or so.

How quick can you get here Mr Peters?

About 5 minutes.

Come down strait away, I'll have a Nurse ready to do an ECG.

So I did, the Nurse did the ECG, and then she said; wait outside and the Doctor will see you soon.

Just a few minutes wait, and the Doctor called me in.

ECG was fine, luckily, and it's just a chest infection, so now sitting down with Brian Blessed's Autobiography, and resting.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  :sungum: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Andy - there's a lot of it about, indeed my rather milder version seemed to have relapsed somewhat today, after working yesterday.

(Mind you it could have been spending money on Mrs MBs christmas present, which no'2 daughter had forgotten to order, wot did it).

Take it easy and really get over it, I'm just relieved it didn't end up as I thought. As I read on I really started to worry, that it was brought

on by thoughts of ripping track up, and new starts - phew!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Glad you managed to get to see a doctor promptly as it has no doubt stopped you worrying that you had something more sinister.

Take your time to get yourself fit again. We'll all still be here and on the edges of our respective seats awaiting the next developments in the "Mr. Bodgit" life story (of layouts).

I hope your fully fit before you run out of things to keep you entertained whilst you can't get into TOPS.