Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

A late vote for outward opening, based on this snippet from Mr Google.  Leaving one door open would be a reassuring sign for those without a watch or clear sight of the church clock. Unfortunately the crew of the Misty would not see this without climbing up the mast.

https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/remodeling/question584.htm

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

That roof looks so good somebody might steal it for the lead!

Any signs of a recent ‘pavement pizza’ on the paving outside?

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Any signs of a recent ‘pavement pizza’ on the paving outside

Yep, I keep the roof locked up indoors for this very reason.......:D

Still deciding what to do, I have an idea of flags from the door to the road and then the rest gravel.

Bench seats to the walls and a couple of wrought iron tables with chairs and then of course one mustn't forget the pictorial sign and post...

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Any signs of a recent ‘pavement pizza’ on the paving outside?

6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Yep, I keep the roof locked up indoors for this very reason.......:D

Still deciding what to do, I have an idea of flags from the door to the road and then the rest gravel.

Bench seats to the walls and a couple of wrought iron tables with chairs and then of course one mustn't forget the pictorial sign and post...

(Straight over his head...  or cleverly side-stepped...)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

Decided not to comment on the pavement pizza until I had checked that my understanding of it was correct....no there will not be any but I might put some horse droppings on the road as discussed by Mikkel....!

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to lower the tone!

Don't forget to leave space outside for bikes as car ownership wasn’t so common in the 30’s, and drinking was much more of an indoor male occupation!

7F60C047-9221-4810-857F-4232D863617A.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Agree 4

58 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Sorry to lower the tone!

Don't forget to leave space outside for bikes as car ownership wasn’t so common in the 30’s, and drinking was much more of an indoor male occupation!

7F60C047-9221-4810-857F-4232D863617A.jpeg

Solid doors I see.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Given the Little Muddle record with opening doors to date, vide the engine shed, I do not feel this will end well.

It'll all hinge on it staying on the hinges....as they say?

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Can I suggest a visit to either the Bridge in at Topsham, near Exeter, Devon or the Seymour Arms at Witham near Frome in Somerset,  both are/were family run pubs that have been in the family for a century or so and since I visited either establishment appeared not to have changed for a very long time. My last visits were last century.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Now this is NOT a criticism but an observation. Given that LM is in the '30s is the pub in danger of beginning to look a bit like a modern gastro pub? I seem to think that pubs in the '30s were very much male dominated drinking establishments with perhaps a bench outside but probably not tables and chairs but I am most likely wrong! :mellow:

• Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Can I suggest a visit to either the Bridge in at Topsham, near Exeter, Devon or the Seymour Arms at Witham near Frome in Somerset,  both are/were family run pubs that have been in the family for a century or so and since I visited either establishment appeared not to have changed for a very long time. My last visits were last century.

Well I hope they've at least changed the barrel, bet the prices have! 

Edited by w124bob
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Benbow said:

Now this is NOT a criticism but an observation. Given that LM is in the '30s is the pub in danger of beginning to look a bit like a modern gastro pub? I seem to think that pubs in the '30s were very much male dominated drinking establishments with perhaps a bench outside but probably not tables and chairs but I am most likely wrong! :mellow:

Yes likely right, might a trough for watering horses still be a feature that could be used as a seat for a few drinkers enjoying the sun? 

Fair few pictures here that show just a plain front area, possibly where things such as troughs used to be when they were used by travellers on horses?

redirect.aspx?id=7722%7C%20The%20Urban%2

or some iron railings like here?

http://www.dover-kent.com/2014-project-c/Rock-and-Fountain-Well-Hill.html

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, KNP said:

Landscaping now, remaking road levels to new courtyard entrance.

Must stop now so the DAS has time to dry.....

U6.jpg.dad57859d035bdb1bd83d446fa124ae7.jpg

kevin that is providing a service to rail users a pun at the end of the platform ! Chris

• Like 2