Little Muddle

KNP

On 24/03/2017 at 11:08, Bogie said:

Not sure I would recognise you if I passed you in the street from that photo - but then again what are the odds you would be walking down a street in Brisbane!

Here's me in disguise?????? so you should be able to recognise me if ever I get that far South!

714.JPG.c14687b669a9c964df474a3fa0e0dad8.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 17

What is the constructional method of the crop beneath the scarecrow?

It's MiniNatur Agrarian land strips with leaves - spring 766-21, reading off the box as my memories not that good!!!! but I laid them in short strips of varying length to give individual plant effect with gaps.

EDIT - the only place I have found large packs of these land strips is at present Scenic Express from the US. Excellent site it carry's a huge range of scenic materials plus those trees (but be sitting down when you look at the prices!!!! - availability is also a problem as being a plant it is seasonal).

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That is some serious modelling with the scarecrow and the crop.  If you wear that outfit in Brisbane you will stand out a mile and I will definitely say hello.

My daughter (who occasionally looks over my shoulder) thinks you are an artist - she is still talking about your fallen tree and asking when I will do something similar.

That is some serious modelling with the scarecrow and the crop.  If you wear that outfit in Brisbane you will stand out a mile and I will definitely say hello.

My daughter (who occasionally looks over my shoulder) thinks you are an artist - she is still talking about your fallen tree and asking when I will do something similar.

Thanks

That's funny nobody comes anywhere near me when I'm out and about in the town dressed like that!!!

The scarecrow is from Unit Models but with the crow removed from the hat.

Please pass on my compliments to your daughter but I'm no artist just a retired building surveyor.....

So what's stopping you making that tree.......?

Look forward to seeing the results.

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Gold

It you look closely you can see my eyes watering, not sure if it is the drink or the post causing it......?

I like these wipes.....especially after the batteries have been inserted...

post-7025-0-20824300-1490365160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Been messing around with settings on my camera called artistic and these are what I think are the best.

The farm yard one is using a setting called sunshine and looks promising.

The second one looks OK which is sepia.

The farmyard in 'sunshine' gives the impression of looking into the sun, but your lighting is diffuse with soft shadows, so I much prefer the last photo, but all excellent in their own way.

The farmyard in 'sunshine' gives the impression of looking into the sun, but your lighting is diffuse with soft shadows, so I much prefer the last photo, but all excellent in their own way.

The camera certainly does what it says on the label. Never seen a sunlight filter used before. It gives a good if slightly unusual effect. Maybe not for all. The soft focus doesnt work for me but then neither does the binocular view filter work that they use on films.

The camera certainly does what it says on the label. Never seen a sunlight filter used before. It gives a good if slightly unusual effect. Maybe not for all. The soft focus doesnt work for me but then neither does the binocular view filter work that they use on films.

No nor have I and it wasn't till I sat down the other day and actually had a good look at the mode dial that I spent some time experimenting with the creative control mode.

As I said in an earlier post it's a Panasonic TZ-100, I've had a few months now so still finding things out about it but what I can say is it's powerful little camera and can get places on my layout that my Nikon D5100 would demolish.

I shall carry on messing about with settings from time to time.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

Like the sepia and black/white photos,they give a feel of days gone by. Again great layout

All the best Steve

Yes I feel a few non colour pictures will follow, I have a setting called old days which looks good.

Thanks

When you look at the sunshine effect you can almost feel the heat coming out of the picture........

Here is another one with the same setting shining over the train but I don't think it has the same effect as the farm one but a useful function to have if used wisely.

post-8925-0-66748800-1490441117_thumb.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 12

Oh dear......

Looks like someones mother-in-law is paying a visit and staying!

Better hide the gin and biscuits.

Everything in this picture is made from card and brickpaper, the bridge vertical boarding is scribed postcards, valance is a modified LCut GWR one, the slope was made by cutting them into individual strips and gluing to a sub base shaped to the fall.

Corrugated roof plastic and by .......... I have no idea where I got this from other than at an exhibition, luckily I have quite a few sheets so enough for the next project.

739.JPG.84a0de77602d9f07ac193c9f0048a03e.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear......

Looks like someones mother-in-law is paying a visit and staying!

Better hide the gin and biscuits.

That looks like one of the Finching sisters. :O

Some great pics there will have to check out that camera as I have been thinking of getting a more up to date model ......got an excellent 'depth of field' 

It's a Panasonic TZ-100 and to help you choose for most of my pictures I use the following settings:

A - with it set on F8 to give the maximum depth of field it can. Higher the better but this is it's extent

ISO - fixed at 125

Pinpoint focus so I can centre where I want the main focus point

Tripod mounted

2 sec timer so I don't cause any movement when I press the shutter

Natural colour setting

Multi metering

Large picture size (allows you to edit the picture by closing in and while still holding lot of resolution i.e. graininess)

Macro zoom on this one

No flash, just layout lighting

There are many others out there to choose from but this has a full size sensor, 21 mp, eye piece, touch screen, 4k technology and a 22 - 250 zoom lens to name a few.

A good solid well made camera made mainly of metal so has some weight and feel about it.

Plus it's small and can fit in your pocket.

Hope this helps

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Gold

Just read this thread for the first time and to say that I'm completely and us. tterly impressed by it is a major understatement. Everyone has (quite rightly) been raving about you trees and scenic work, Kevin, but I'd also like to say how impressed I am by the precision and sheer quality of your structures and buildings.

Just read this thread for the first time and to say that I'm completely and us. tterly impressed by it is a major understatement. Everyone has (quite rightly) been raving about you trees and scenic work, Kevin, but I'd also like to say how impressed I am by the precision and sheer quality of your structures and buildings.

Many thanks for your kind comments.

Being a retired Building Surveyor I understand the mechanics of building construction so try to bring this to my models and make them look as realistic as possible which appears to be working!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for your kind comments.

Being a retired Building Surveyor I understand the mechanics of building construction so try to bring this to my models and make them look as realistic as possible which appears to be working!!

And very effective it is too. I am very impressed by the precision of construction of these brick paper and card structures, it isn't very easy to get them looking so clean, square and precise.