Little Muddle

KNP

Well here we go then, just finished the mock ups after spending a while rummaging in the wheelie bin for card........not using my good stuff.

First impressions are good, though there is a gap behind the station building but!

The advantages of making card mock ups, so easy to change and alter.

I shall now leave for a day or two to see if it grows on me!

Hopefully the planners, objectors and Little Muddle Gazette readers approve?

EDIT - the back scene will also change with buildings added etc.

IMG_2676.JPG.0a40ae2013773055d100829d03d61e06.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG.76d6cf6954d9931e292eba46adbb22c3.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG.b4624a0cd3c973939083fbfd97c45285.JPG

IMG_2679.JPG.d8b78e6bf379bd42c242b6079991518d.JPG

IMG_2680.JPG.09c0266a3484d1dd68f50929ceba908a.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG.52918441bb84ca0868b9ad6e44443417.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG.eb15ce151623f1842d24c616ed5f7b8b.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG.461e57147e6cd23a96f2d3295f62d49f.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG.84008f0ade4dc9ad1d5483ce9b97651d.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

Whilst perusing these latest photographs I noticed the rather nice ornate station lamp. May I ask its original source please.

Grahame

On 29/03/2017 at 21:12, bgman said:

Whilst perusing these latest photographs I noticed the rather nice ornate station lamp. May I ask its original source please.

Grahame

Langley Models both the station and yard lights.

Nice models but you'll need patience with them as they are fiddly.

Here's a picture of one, slightly out of focus as I was centring on the poster

743.JPG.b436ed63b6720b937029a3aa1a7431d7.JPG

743.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

Langley Models both the station and yard lights.

Nice models but you'll need patience with them as they are fiddly.

Here's a picture of one, slightly out of focus as I was centring on the poster

Kevin,

Thank you, very much appreciated.

They do look the part :)

Grahame

Kevin,

After a quick search they available under the Dartcastings banner -

L94: GWR PLATFORM GAS LAMPS

Full harp on short posts

(OO Gauge / 4mm Scale)

Supplied unpainted

Price: £ 6.00

• RMweb Gold

It's looking good Kevin. Are you showing those pics to the Muddleshire County Council planning Department.

I think the entire readership ( planning committee) would like a site visit.........

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Are there any plans for a converted barn? Or didnt barns convert in the 40's? Maybe it was a cider apple pickers barn.

If Muddleshire CC are not invited to visit they may drive a steam roller right through your plans.

Kevin,

After a quick search they available under the Dartcastings banner -

L94: GWR PLATFORM GAS LAMPS

Full harp on short posts

(OO Gauge / 4mm Scale)

Supplied unpainted

Price: £ 6.00

You know, you are right I brought these ages ago, could have sworn that's where I got them from!

I've just had a rummage through the draw where I keep the instructions etc. and out popped the card backing to the packaging - Dart Castings.

Just checked on their website and the gas yard lamp is also from them........??????

The old memory is certainly playing up.

Thanks

It's looking good Kevin. Are you showing those pics to the Muddleshire County Council planning Department.

Scheduled for this mornings committee meeting, fingers crossed but the Chair has been in contact to ask me to ensure that there is some colour to the buildings as the off white/grey looks a bit bland.

• Like 2

I think the entire readership ( planning committee) would like a site visit.........

Better get the tea and biscuits out then!!!!

Might be a bit of a squeeze in the railway room but if you can all breath in......

Edited by KNP

On 29/03/2017 at 23:31, lightengine said:

Are there any plans for a converted barn? Or didnt barns convert in the 40's? Maybe it was a cider apple pickers barn.

If Muddleshire CC are not invited to visit they may drive a steam roller right through your plans.

Barn idea, had this in the back of my mind to build one in the group of trees by the creamery......one day

Oh not another meeting, I'm running out of tea and biscuits

To late looks like they have arrived.....

IMG_2686.JPG.26fdd2bfe55d91460b3b2f9159467342.JPG

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Is the committee sure than such an urban-looking row of terraced houses would suit the rural nature of the local environment ?

I put it to you, sir, and I am unanimous in this,, that such an undertaking could lower the whole tone of the area.

• Like 1

You haven't read the Nod to Brent thread from the beginning, have you? :jester:

Errm.....I must confess not all of them, some but not all 946 pages. Not yet anyway, but one week I will.

I've sold the MiL to a generous Sheik as a useful, if vocal addition to his harem.

As a result I now have enough for a goodly sized deposit on one of the houses.

To whom do I need to apply.....?

Edited by BlackRat

Is the committee sure than such an urban-looking row of terraced houses would suit the rural nature of the local environment ?

I put it to you, sir, and I am unanimous in this,, that such an undertaking could lower the whole tone of the area.

They'll be nicely done using the best sourced materials from Homebase.....

• Like 1

I've sold the MiL to a generous Sheik as a useful, if vocal addition to his harem.

As a result I now have enough for a goodly sized deposit on one of the houses.

To whom do I need to apply.....?

Blimey, not only do I need a Press Officer but an Estate Agent as well.

Better add a sales office to the plans ready for the influx for would be owners.

• Like 1

I am hoping that the new builds will be constructed substantially better than the tumbledown cottage. It seems to have been built with whitewashed timbers forming the roof rafters and trusses.

Can I presume that the steam roller is an ancient Roman one? It appears to have a seam on the rear rollers and I believe that this was for the purpose of forming chariot wheel ruts.

The RSPCA are concerned that unpainted dogs may be leaching chemicals into the atmosphere or is this just radon coming to the surface?

Edited by lightengine

• RMweb Gold

Chairman,

My concerns are

1 The need for 10 new dwellings in Little Muddle has not been demonstrated.

2 Highways Department are concerned that safe vehicular access has not been provided

3. No off-street parking is available

4. The development detracts from rather than enhances it's surroundings

5. The high roof profile will deprive the ladies lavatories in the station building of light

However I am pleased to see small business units. These will be able to employ agricultural workers displaced by the introduction of powerful tractors powered by internal combustion engines.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The British Empire and the Brent Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

You didn't mention the Peoples Independent Republic of Horrocksford and the Haverfordwest Community Paradise, both of which stand firmly, shoulder-to-shoulder, with all those resisting the ever-advancing encroachment that seeks to subjugate our green and pleasant land and turn it into a totalitarian enclave for elitist rivet counters.

• Like 1