Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, andymac-2008 said:

It looks as if they're getting a lot of discounted stock from Bachmann, so perhaps some other outlets will have some similar offers shortly. But perhaps not Hattons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I've had a message from my local shop - he's intimated that they will be getting some cheap Bachmann stuff also.

So hopefully expect good deals from other retailers.

Cheers,

Mick

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 1/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, Butler Henderson said:

LT Museum have an extra 10% off sale items until 3 Feb - code WINTERSALE10 which should result in  the following prices

Bachmann Midland Pullman 6 Car Special Collectors Edition  £377.97

Bachmann S Stock 4 car £244.79

Farish LU 20 £71.99

Do they have sales often. Had got permission to buy the S Stock and then work got in the way, looked for buying on Thursday evening and they'd put them back to full price. 

My own fault but easily done. Was a good buy with the additional 10percent code I had. Twas not to be..  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Going back to the Malcolms models, was it Malcs Models In Ilkeston or am I getting them mixed up?

Different premises.  Malcolm's models is the one which people believe is a scam.   Anyone received anything?

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 2/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, Butler Henderson said:

Aldi have a couple of vices on sale currently (from yesterday), a 50mm capacity table vice https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-table-vice/p/097011266649201 and a 65mm capacity suction vice https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-suction-vice/p/097011241289600; £5.99 each; presumably come with their standard 3 year guarantee.

Cheers BH, I've had one of these for many years now and my Dad has always had his eye on it!  Have let him know that they are in stock at our local branch. :imsohappy:

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Different premises.  Malcolm's models is the one which people believe is a scam.   Anyone received anything?

No and having tried phoning the number quoted on the receipt and getting a message saying the number was not in use I have confirmed to my credit card company that the transaction be cancelled. Think its one for Exeter Trading Standards to investigate (given that is where the web site owner lives) but it seems you cannot contact Trading Standards direct  but have to contact Citizens Advice.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Ray Von said:

Cheers BH, I've had one of these for many years now and my Dad has always had his eye on it!  Have let him know that they are in stock at our local branch. :imsohappy:

Picked a suction one up yesterday but did not realise the box had been opened and found the locking handle to hold the vice head at whatever angle you want was firmly jammed (presumably be someone playing with it) so a quick return trip needed for another (box sealed) which works okay (thankfully its only a mile away) . The suction hold works very well and it will usefully complement my normal fixing mini vice.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The Aldi display cases that get such glowing reviews will be available in the French Aldi stores from tomorrow. I know there a few bargain hunters who live in France, so hopefully this might be of some use.

Personally, I will be smuggling a couple over the border into Switzerland :-)

https://www.aldi.fr/aldi_vitrine_dexposition_48_5_2714_7452.html

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Ebay have a 15% off until 10 Feb on "selected sellers". Unfortunately there isn't a list...……….

Discount code is "PLATINUM"

Cheers,

Mick

Just found the T&C's  here is a list of sellers not sure if any will be useful or not?

Simply make a purchase of £25 or more on eBay.co.uk from one of the following eligible sellers

SimbaShop2018

More4Homes

furnituremaxi

discount-furniture-outlet

Furnitureinstore

Home Discount Ltd

mercers furniture

ijinteriors

unbeatable

bed-world

The-Tool-Academy-Ltd

TOOLSAVE

Express Trainers

Footasylum Outlet

Ann Summers LTD

BBO

golfclubs4cash

PlumbworldUK

XS Items Outlet

GNJ Automotive

UK-Performance-Shop

BB classics

WJD Store

Branded_Bedding

HiFi-Tower Electronics

Onlinehomeshop

hughesdirect

Crampton and Moore

JustBeautyStore

perfume_shop_direct

ScentWarehouse

Incontinence Shop

Betterlife at LloydsPharmacy

Yoltso

Indesit Official Store

KitchenAid Outlet

Hotpoint Official Store

FKABrands

evanscyclesuk

Thinkprice

Battery Megastore UK

Cheers

Pete

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, PeteN92 said:

ScentWarehouse

Incontinence Shop

:offtopic:

Maybe this should be in the Warley/backpack/body odour thread...……….?

:jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 16

A bit off-topic, but probably nearer topic than some items in the last couple of posts :rolleyes:

If you fancy some bargain rail travel, look for the 09:16 and 10:16 departures from Crewe to Liverpool Lime St. via Manchester Picc.   Northern service stopping at all (?) stations.   Advance ticket £3 or £4 single for over 2 hours of travel.   Sometimes National Rail Enquiries doesn't return this train - try asking Crewe-Liverpool via Man. Picc. on Northern.   Definitely run Mon-Fri.   Don't know about the weekend, but of course Northern have been on strike on Sat. anyway.

Oddly enough the return journey via the same route is more expensive - £6.80.   Maybe it's uphill??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday Ian Allan in Birmingham had about 6 Bachmann 32-560 A1 60117 on offer.

Sorry can't remember the price (it was yesterday after all!)

But should be in the range of -30% if others are to go by.

There was also 2 Liliput HO locos: L131950 SBB B3/4 #1359 & L131562 DB "56" #56 338

There was also a pile of 4 wheel wagons, both PO & Company at varying prices from around £9-£11 (I didn't check every one)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1