Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Just picked up two Bachmann 66's (Weathered EWS and GBRf Sence) for £123 from AOakes. 

was only passing from Devon on our way to York's and dropped on them being left after 11am. 

Excellent chat with staff too. 

Edited by GEOEng03
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, GEOEng03 said:

Just picked up two Bachmann 66's (Weathered EWS and GBRf Sence) for £123 from AOakes. 

was only passing from Devon on our way to York's and dropped on them being left after 11am. 

Excellent chat with staff too. 

I had a pair too at £123 for two that’s just over £60 each for a weathered 66 is an absolute bargain. I purchased them at 9:30am when they opened and the staff said if I come back at 1:00 they would have different stock.

Next Saturday Mr Oakes said it will be a half price sale. 

Edited by andymac-2008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A few of the items at Ian Allan in Birmingham today:

33827C Queen Mary Brake van SR £20
33831 QMBV Satlink livery £17
33832 QMBV EWS livery £18
38554 MR #623 Brake van £15

38041C OBA BR Railfreight £18
38147 VDA BR Railfreight £18

(Several of each)

OxfordRail Golden Valley Janus £40 (One only)

Anybody want to dip their toe into sound?

This must be a bargain:

OR DG 2475 (sound fitted) £70 (One only)

Edited by melmerby
  • Thanks 2

On 14/02/2019 at 18:09, melmerby said:

A few of the items at Ian Allan in Birmingham today:

33827C Queen Mary Brake van SR £20
33831 QMBV Satlink livery £17
33832 QMBV EWS livery £18
38554 MR #623 Brake van £15

38041C OBA BR Railfreight £18
38147 VDA BR Railfreight £18

(Several of each)

OxfordRail Golden Valley Janus £40 (One only)

Anybody want to dip their toe into sound?

This must be a bargain:

OR DG 2475 (sound fitted) £70 (One only)

Been in today and at the back on the left hand side they have marked down most of the Bachmann wagons too much to list one item I noticed was a triple set of network rail weathered wagons 38-105 for £25 was £59.95

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Good evening everyone,

I have just found this on Sawyer Models website www.sawyermodels.co.uk It may be of use to someone. 

SPECIAL OFFER WEEKEND!

This Saturday & Sunday 16/17 February we have something special for you. From 10am Saturday until 10pm Sunday at the checkout click on ‘Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code’ and type in ‘Fourteen’ and something nice will happen to your basket total! The coupon can be used as many times as you like during the offer hours.

Please note that the Bachmann Thomas Range & Railway Theatre Company Layouts are excluded.

All the best

Charles

• Thanks 5

13 hours ago, napierlion said:

Good evening everyone,

I have just found this on Sawyer Models website www.sawyermodels.co.uk It may be of use to someone. 

SPECIAL OFFER WEEKEND!

This Saturday & Sunday 16/17 February we have something special for you. From 10am Saturday until 10pm Sunday at the checkout click on ‘Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code’ and type in ‘Fourteen’ and something nice will happen to your basket total! The coupon can be used as many times as you like during the offer hours.

Please note that the Bachmann Thomas Range & Railway Theatre Company Layouts are excluded.

All the best

Charles

Thanks for that. Predictably gives a 14% discount. Bought a Bachmann SR Atlantic for £138. An even bigger bargain was Golden Valley GV6016 Triple Pack of Allied Steel & Wire wagons for £12.90 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:03, andymac-2008 said:

Been in today and at the back on the left hand side they have marked down most of the Bachmann wagons too much to list one item I noticed was a triple set of network rail weathered wagons 38-105 for £25 was £59.95

I finally found it.

Had a look and plenty of reasonably priced wagons. There was also a handful of Bachmann A1s for about £100.

Jason

• Like 1

Hi Lads and Lassies,

Marks Models Ireland  has 20% off locos. Just bagged Beachy Head for €155 notes (Euros), Cheaper than the big boys at £155 to £162 notes plus of course postage to the Emerald Isle.

"Our Loco sale is still running until the end of this month (FEB) with 20% off the price of Hornby and Bachmann Locomotives. This is available in all of our stores or online by using the code "loco" in the shopping cart"

Of course not all the list can be bargains so check about.

http://www.marksmodels.com/?cid=172

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/02/2019 at 23:34, napierlion said:

Good evening everyone,

SPECIAL OFFER WEEKEND!

All the best

Charles

Thanks, got their last Colas 67 :)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, ruggedpeak said:

Thanks, got their last Colas 67 :)

Good afternoon,

Fantastic model in my opinion. I popped in this morning to collect an item that had been ordered in for me and Andy said that they have one Colas 67 left but it is currently being renamed and renumbered to 'Stella'. He also said that they have a Dapol Transpennine Class 68 being renamed and renumbered to 'Black Douglas'  by their weathering man. 

All the best

Charles

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ian Allan in Birmingham have plenty of Thompson Teaks (31in total!) at 12:35 today.

34-385 Third

34-410 Composite

34-485 First

34-435 Brake Composite

All @ £37 each

Still plenty left over from previous weeks including plenty of discounted Bachmann wagons on the "normal" shelves

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

LTMuseum Shop have a sale on some items not shown on website between 20-30%. I Popped in after coming back through Charing Cross. 

They had the S Stock cars at 20-30% off which made it worth me buying the 4 I needed and made them within the price I'm happy to pay... Especially when you see the renumber effort for them...

Definitely worth a browse if you're passing. 

CFN

• Agree 1

Slightly off the wall this one. I have a number of searches saved on Ebay for items for my new O scale layout that I am building and this one came up this morning and I could not resist posting it as the ultimate bargain (or possibly not!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362567011601?ul_noapp=true

Do we think that the photos and description are a bit lacking?

Richard

PS Coming back at 5pm I have seen that the seller has changed the photo and sold it! In case you are wondering the original photo was of it all wrapped up in black plastic so all you could see was what looked like a coffin shaped parcel and the description was "Coaling tower, despatched by Hermes tracked!" Perhaps he read my post?

Edited by Puggers
The seller changed the photo
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Puggers said:

Slightly off the wall this one. I have a number of searches saved on Ebay for items for my new O scale layout that I am building and this one came up this morning and I could not resist posting it as the ultimate bargain (or possibly not!)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362567011601?ul_noapp=true

Do we think that the photos and description are a bit lacking?

Richard

I reckon you'd be paying about £150 for the name dropping!

Mike.

• Funny 1

Transport Models in Preston has a 20% off everything sale at the moment. (In store only).

The sale ends on Saturday 2nd March.

If you're visiting the Preston exhibition on Saturday take a detour to the shop ( search for Oyston Mill on your sat-nav)

• Thanks 1