Bargain Hunters Mark 2

No sign of this in two of the Tesco branches I visited in Sussex today, so this may just be a special for the Birmingham area.

The Tesco’s was in Tiverton north Devon but I have been in my local Asda in Great Barr Birmingham and they are doing them as well.

Scenery - Aliexpress suppliers now making items in / suitable for 1:75 scale

Too many to mention but I am picking out these modern LED lights which could be used for TMD / car parks

5 for $15 , 12cm tall (scale 30 foot) these are pre wired SMD's with resistors for 12V and seems like a great price.

Often postage is free or very low.

Of course you have to register and you have to wait a few weeks but have been very satisfied with my experiences of this website so far.

Yard light

post-14312-0-47039000-1511270849.jpg

Edited by letterspider
  • Like 1

They certainly are. This little beaut set me back a quid & is currently home to half a dozen n gauge wagons:

attachicon.gifDSCN0865.JPG

They're certainly worth a mooch if there's a branch near you, they also have cutting mats, modelling materials & general stationery (for planning ideas etc). There's even a branch in that hideous monstrosity above Birmingham New Street station!

Blast, they don't have any left in the Edinburgh store (I did ask).  Probably swept aside to make room for a tidal wave of seasonal tat.  Bah humbug!

Roughly what size are the ones you got?  (I don't do N gauge so please don't say "enough for half a dozen wagons"!)

The Tesco’s was in Tiverton north Devon but I have been in my local Asda in Great Barr Birmingham and they are doing them as well.

I've not seen the double bagged copies in Tesco, but they are in Asda. I've just bought one there.

For 4.99 you get the December 2017 Model Rail and the 'How to Build a Model Railway 2017' bookazine RRP 5.99. The usual cover price for Model Rail is 4.10, I think, so the bookazine is costing you 89p. It's a beginners guide, as the name suggests but still worth it IMO.

Edited by Jongudmund

it's not a question of waiting - I did that once and missed out big time on a loco I wanted, worse I knew it was not going to be discounted it was more a not buying everything at once issue, was gutted because I really wanted the locomotive.

A lot of locomotives today are limited in numbers and you will see indicators from manufacturers saying things like sold out to pre-orders on locomotives not even yet released.

So only you can decide the best time to buy - will that locomotive languish on shelves and therefore attract discount or is it going to be popular.

Edited by woodenhead

Unsure if this link will work - it's from a subscription email.

Bure Valley Models 2017 Black Friday Bargains List.

Available online and in-store tomorrow only. At the time of posting, the list is not visible on their website.

http://mailchi.mp/84d5919502a2/30-amazing-black-friday-deals?e=2136d1d667

Edit: Link seems to work fine.

Edited by Pete 75C

• RMweb Premium

A general question about bargains. I want to buy the new Dapol railcar, as well as another loco I've had my eye on for a while. So, is it better to wait now till after Xmas or not?

Personally I think Christmas and model railways  have a relatively weak link (as opposed to train sets where I think there is still quite a jump in sales pre 25/12).  Unless we have told our nearest and dearest in terms that are completely unmistakable what we want, then the chances of someone buying us the model of our dreams for Christmas is slim.   Consequently I suspect any Christmas uplift in sales is us buying our own Xmas treat - and unless you get a Christmas bonus, why wait?

• RMweb Gold

Blast, they don't have any left in the Edinburgh store (I did ask).  Probably swept aside to make room for a tidal wave of seasonal tat.  Bah humbug!

Roughly what size are the ones you got?  (I don't do N gauge so please don't say "enough for half a dozen wagons"!)

3 different sizes, which, annoyingly, Benidorm don't stock any of, otherwise I would be able to tell you, so it's back off to Alicante!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Other than the BVR shop as mentioned by Pete, has there been any news on Black Friday deals from any other retailers? Seems very quiet this year. 

Jadlam e mailed some, but as I've just paid for the new Hornby Duchess, an H, a 4TC, gate stock and spent £600 keeping my car going, I deleted it immediately.....

• RMweb Gold

Typical it's my day off and I'm A/L for the rest of the week what's the chances of any being left on Monday

dammit, i got a taxi home from bescot earlier, did think about getting a train back via new st and having a look in ian Allan but was tired

it's not a question of waiting - I did that once and missed out big time on a loco I wanted, worse I knew it was not going to be discounted it was more a not buying everything at once issue, was gutted because I really wanted the locomotive.

A lot of locomotives today are limited in numbers and you will see indicators from manufacturers saying things like sold out to pre-orders on locomotives not even yet released.

So only you can decide the best time to buy - will that locomotive languish on shelves and therefore attract discount or is it going to be popular.

Only time will tell !  The benefit of hindsight will tell us whether one should have bought now or later , and later could be years ahead.

Edited by GER

London's Transport Museum has a Black Friday sale ~ and this includes the Museums Exclusive Bachmann 4mm S-stock 4-coach sets that are reduced from £399.99 to £306.00

Also reduced are reclaimed Metropolitan Line Small Luggage racks from the old A-stock ~ reduced from £75.00 to £59.99

https://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/black-friday-sale/all-sale-items#show=102

Black friday soldering station set, just ordred it now on a lightning all for under 20 quid including delivery:

Chosure Soldering Iron Kit Full Set 60W 220V with Adjustable Temperature Welding Iron, 5pcs Tips, Desoldering Pump, 2pcs Tweezers, Tin Wire Tube, Stand and 6pcs Aid Tools in PU Carry Bag https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0719J9HKM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AnagAbERBQMG4