Not Jeremy

It's arrived.

I do like the rain.

I don't mind the wait as I appreciate that it is often rushed out just before a show and I can understand the need for exposure over the weekend and then getting out the posted copies at leisure over the next few days. At least watching here you know when to expect a knock on the door. Just another quirk that makes MRJ different.

Bernard

Well, it finally came this morning, so here's looking forward to a nice long read, and hopefully some inspiration!

(But for those who say that they can understand why copies are rushed to shows ahead of the long-suffering subscribers, I agree but would add that if the mag only came out on time, that wouldn't be an issue, would it! I mean, it's not rocket science!)

I do get a bit cross that it doesn't get posted out until well after it's already in the shops - by which time there's already quite a bit of information online about what's in it! When it finally gets shoved through the door I feel I've already read it!

That's an interesting observation. Reading a lot of the MRJ thread comments here, one gets the impression that most posts are of a total trivial nature having very little relevance to MRJ content.

You have restored my faith in banality  humanity.

P

• Like 1

Do you mind? Some of us are still awaiting 250 with excitement in the colonies... 

I bought my copy of 255 from a shop in Wellington a couple of months ago. Excitedly looking out for 256 now....

• RMweb Gold

First glance an interesting issue. The road vehicles in particular look very good.

Off to find a good glass of port and to settle down for a good read.

Splendid!

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest Jack Benson

Three years late and thanks to Adam of the parish. I bought a copy of 257 for the Geoff Kent Herring article, if only to see where I had gone wrong.

However, the remainder of the magazine was amazing. Unfortunately my experience with MRJ is one of more miss than hit but this issue seemed to make up for the last ten year's worth of disappointment - the stand out was Stephen Williams' Victory Snack Bar, just right for the forecourt of Beaminster Road. Whilst the two articles on upgrading 40s automobiles (with suppliers' details) has the juices flowing.

Sorry for the rant but it is extremely positive.

Stay Safe