Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

Got mine today as well. Being 705. As mentioned before, first locomotive did anything on when started Volunteering.

Also might as well make use of the lovely weather & Make use of the door step.

Although oddly got sent a extra decoder, yet one was fitted for me by Hattons, appears was sent by mistake and has been posted to be returned already.

Chris

post-5364-0-05787700-1524151277_thumb.jpg

post-5364-0-73591200-1524151285_thumb.jpg

post-5364-0-78216900-1524151291_thumb.jpg

post-5364-0-07906600-1524151299_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Is there a goodies bag enclosed with the engine and if so what are the contents, please?

Cheers,

David

Front & Rear brake pipes and a screw link coupling.

And I've got mine at last and have just this minute plonked it on the layout. What a marvellous little loco.

post-22167-0-93245300-1524155835_thumb.jpg

post-22167-0-91285800-1524155855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scottish-Exile
  • Like 6

And I've got mine at last and have just this minute plonked it on the layout. What a marvellous little loco.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180419_173151.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180419_173218.jpg

I agree, I had something of an impression that it was going to lack the finesse of the Peckett and that I was only getting it to haul my Aberdeen Gas Works wagons, but its arrived I'm thoroughly delighted. Yes there may be a little more finesse to the Peckett but this one looks the part very well and although I've not done any proper comparison of haulage the Barclay does feel as if it has slightly more grunt.

Carrying on from my post #961.

In the first picture the motion bracket (circled red) has a small tab that has to locate in the slot in the running plate.

What I think is the injector is circled in green which needs to be very carefully pulled down and out of the way on both sides to allow the chassis to be removed/replaced.

post-3433-0-37805100-1524163223_thumb.jpg

The second picture shows the clack behind the steps, it is quite difficult to make sure these are out of the way on Katie because of the step.

post-3433-0-38048300-1524163227_thumb.jpg

Last picture is a question, in taking the photographs I noticed that the cab back sheet seems to have a bend in it, is this correct or should it be straight from footplate to roof?

post-3433-0-00078300-1524163231_thumb.jpg

Edited by gz3xzf
  • Like 1

First impressions.

Overall appearance excellent.

Variation between my two is obvious even if it is only a few very small dimensions.

Running is good but not superb straight from the box so when run in should be very good.

Top speed is way too fast so possibly a case for different gear ratios. However I appreciate the needs for a mass produced model to cater for all tastes and not just for running on a shunting plank.

Coupling the pair together seems to improve the slow running dramatically. As a pair they are on a par with the best I have seen

Looking forward to running a more extensive spell tomorrow.

I do like the thin material used for the buffer beams as this enables the easy fitting of three link couplings.

A job that has been a pain on some recent models.

Bernard

• Like 1

In the first picture the motion bracket (circled red) has a small tab that has to locate in the slot in the running plate.

What I think is the injector is circled in green which needs to be very carefully pulled down and out of the way on both sides to allow the chassis to be removed/replaced.

Imgp3380.jpg

The second picture shows the clack behind the steps, it is quite difficult to make sure these are out of the way on Katie because of the step.

Imgp3383.jpg

Last picture is a question, in taking the photographs I noticed that the cab back sheet seems to have a bend in it, is this correct or should it be straight from footplate to roof?

Imgp3387.jpg

Is that bend visible in the flesh or some sort of optical illusion in the pic?

Edited by pmorgan_cym

Is that bend visible in the flesh or some sort of optical illusion in the pic?

It is accentuated by the camera, but it can be seen in the flesh, I wasn't too worried about it until I saw the photographs on my computer.

Gaugemaster DCC 23 is a known fit

I fitted a DCC23, it pops in a treat.

Edited by gz3xzf

Am I the only punter who is still waiting for something to happen? I ordered WTT DCC fitted back in September 2017, but the order remains 'open' and untouched.

Am I the only punter who is still waiting for something to happen? I ordered WTT DCC fitted back in September 2017, but the order remains 'open' and untouched.

Have you contacted them?  Drop Hattons an email, or use the contact form on the website.  They'll get back to you tomorrow morning (UK) with a status report.  Fitting the DCC chip might be the hold-up if they need to take as much care as has been described above!

• RMweb Gold

My trio have arrived.

attachicon.gifF93BAE78-B90E-4B2C-AD6F-08FABEE227A0.jpeg

It’s so nice I had to look at them outside, as you can see I am literally on the fence about them.

(It could be worse I was thinking to pose them as Barclays on the BBQ :-)

Everyone’s obsessed about Katie’s buffers, but it’s her rear that interests me...

When it comes to footplate detail, I think the Barclays are the winner... I could just pull that whistle chain ! So many separately fitted footplate parts.

attachicon.gif3F444D0D-E9A7-497D-A3BB-FC7FF156EF43.jpeg

I have to resist buying more of these, but a black one unnumbered as industrial to go with the black peckett sounds good, as does a green WTT.

But given the possibilities I suspect Hattons are onto a winner here and another 10 In Historical liveries could sell well down the road too.

For those eagerly awaiting the postman, I was charged Friday with a tracking number in email, but it didn’t show up on Royal Mail in Warrington until Tuesday noon, but made it south if the Thames today.. 48 hours was really 24...

They look very nice indeed, but you don't seem to have any track on your viaduct.

They look very nice indeed, but you don't seem to have any track on your viaduct.

That's the trouble with industrial railways. Anything to save money and sod elf and safety..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Front & Rear brake pipes and a screw link coupling.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180419_173151.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180419_173218.jpg

love it, but wheres all those 26's gone ? i hope the arrival of 37's  in the background hasn't sent them to vic berries ?

Edited by adb968008

i hate to say it, but your missing a knob, on the frame at the front steps.

if i makes you feel better i noticed it as i am missing one on my cpc version.

Reminds me of the scene in the Mayors Office in Ghostbusters.....

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifImgp3380.jpg

attachicon.gifImgp3383.jpg

attachicon.gifImgp3387.jpg

I think mine has the same issue, look how it doesn’t align to my shed in the background

post-20773-0-28835900-1524206803_thumb.jpeg

:-)

Seriously though, mine has the slightest bend, but not anywhere close to yours.

Maybe we are about to instigate cab gate. I appreciate the disappointment if the open type back sheet to the cab is akin to a banana but we were all aware of it from the showing of the first decorated samples.

post-508-0-85068100-1524214777.jpg

Maybe some nice niche manufacturer will be looking at a brass or nickel replacement for those that can't live with it?

For me, the front cab window being in the wrong place on the small tanked AB's or the top to side and side to bottom radii on the water tank being too sharp, are more problematic.

Maybe we are about to instigate cab gate. I appreciate the disappointment if the open type back sheet to the cab is akin to a banana but we were all aware of it from the showing of the first decorated samples.

attachicon.gifAB14-004_3345082_Qty1_3.jpg

Maybe some nice niche manufacturer will be looking at a brass or nickel replacement for those that can't live with it?

For me, the front cab window being in the wrong place on the small tanked AB's or the top to side and side to bottom radii on the water tank being too sharp, are more problematic.

From what I can see of the cab back, the curve is almost certainly associated with a vertical mismatch of the locations for the upper and lower edges.

It surely cannot be beyond the whit of man to detach the cab rear, and make minor adjustments to the top and bottom locating faces, such that the cab back can be replaced truly vertically?

I know the constant plea of those who buy but don't model - Why should I have to? - but your choice is a curved cab back or return the loco - and you may well not be able to obtain a replacement that satisfies you.

Such is life !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.