Jump to content

steve fay

Retooled class 47 in 7mm scale

Recommended Posts

Guest Half-full
14 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

 

Very well said Andy

 

And just to add, It's not just the idea of shelling out £600 for a model, there's a lot of people on this forum and other social media platforms who genuinely want to help brands like Heljan and so on. We don't get any benefit from it apart from an accurate model, Heljan are the ones who actually benefit from it.

For someone who moans about Heljan, you were quick enough to promote the HJ Class 37 tie in with  RevolutioN, a loco which has far more serious and much more noticeable errors that this 47.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting .

For me, £600, it has to be close to perfect and in 7mm you’ll see the errors if there are any.

 

Heljan has a rather hit and miss reputation with its models, and thus I don’t really buy them in case.

 

As an observation , RE feedback, I’ve worked with a lot of Danes and they aren’t good at taking criticism - whether this is a national genetic trait I have no idea,but it may be a factor.

 

However, the English guy that is the voice of Heljan UK is well respected and should be the focal point over here .

 

As per 7mm, I think a lot put up with some bloopers because, unless you buy these, there’s no easy way in to 7mm diesels .

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Half-full
16 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Interesting .

For me, £600, it has to be close to perfect and in 7mm you’ll see the errors if there are any.

 

Heljan has a rather hit and miss reputation with its models, and thus I don’t really buy them in case.

 

As an observation , RE feedback, I’ve worked with a lot of Danes and they aren’t good at taking criticism - whether this is a national genetic trait I have no idea,but it may be a factor.

 

However, the English guy that is the voice of Heljan UK is well respected and should be the focal point over here .

 

As per 7mm, I think a lot put up with some bloopers because, unless you buy these, there’s no easy way in to 7mm diesels .

I agree with all your points, esp about the Danes!!!  I dont mean that in a derogatory way at all, but have found that they take pride in what they do, so any negative feedback can almost be taken personally!

 

We put up with errors in all scales, the larger the scale, the more noticable, what has surprised me though is the sheer number of HJ 37 that have shifted, despite the entire centre bodyside being too low!

 

Each to their own however, rtr has opened the 7mm door to a lot more people than when it was kit build or exclusive, very high priced rtr only.  £600 for an rtr, well detailed loco, in a relatively small market, is quite a bargain when you think of it.

 

Long may it continue (with less noticeable errors!!!!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Half-full said:

I agree with all your points, esp about the Danes!!!  I dont mean that in a derogatory way at all, but have found that they take pride in what they do, so any negative feedback can almost be taken personally!

 

We put up with errors in all scales, the larger the scale, the more noticable, what has surprised me though is the sheer number of HJ 37 that have shifted, despite the entire centre bodyside being too low!

 

Each to their own however, rtr has opened the 7mm door to a lot more people than when it was kit build or exclusive, very high priced rtr only.  £600 for an rtr, well detailed loco, in a relatively small market, is quite a bargain when you think of it.

 

Long may it continue (with less noticeable errors!!!!)

 

 

Yes, I think the low spot, was passing off a 37 with original skirts as a later one by painting them black and hoping no one noticed. Lazy !

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Half-full said:

For someone who moans about Heljan, you were quick enough to promote the HJ Class 37 tie in with  RevolutioN, a loco which has far more serious and much more noticeable errors that this 47.

 

Unfortunately I would agree totally with this view point. MGR Hooper has a very negative view point towards certain manufacturers.

 

This more often than not results in a toxic atmosphere developing within threads along with a negative bias. 

 

I can thoroughly understand why she has been stopped from posting on the Heljan website. Her words of wisdom are certainly not constructive and are clearly loaded. 

 

I for one would be keen to see this behaviour curtailed because it is becoming quite nauseating and almost comical in nature. 

 

Mark

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Half-full said:

For someone who moans about Heljan, you were quick enough to promote the HJ Class 37 tie in with  RevolutioN, a loco which has far more serious and much more noticeable errors that this 47.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, Heljan have made good models before. When they make good models, they get my money. When they put their minds to it, they make good models. The fact is that Heljan over the last few years have developed a terrible attitude to any sort of feedback. It's no secret.

 

I was watching the Revolution Live Stream and I was posting on rmweb as and when things were announced. People who know the Class 37 well, can comment on the errors, I know what's wrong with the Heljan Class 47, I put it across to them politely and I've done so on rmweb and on facebook. And I have been doing to same for many years. So have a lot of other people. Unfortunately, Heljan just don't like feedback. So people who have been nice and helpful are losing hope and patience.

 

I have given Heljan as much credit as criticism, if you've not seen it, not my fault. If Heljan's reputation is on a downward trend, that's not my fault either. I've given Heljan models a fair judgement over the last decade or so.

  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 46444 said:

 

Unfortunately I would agree totally with this view point. MGR Hooper has a very negative view point towards certain manufacturers.

 

This more often than not results in a toxic atmosphere developing within threads along with a negative bias. 

 

I can thoroughly understand why she has been stopped from posting on the Heljan website. Her words of wisdom are certainly not constructive and are clearly loaded. 

 

I for one would be keen to see this behaviour curtailed because it is becoming quite nauseating and almost comical in nature. 

 

Mark

 

 

If someone's feedback renders you sick, there's a feature to block members on this forum. USE IT! You insist on reading my posts, you reply/react to it with your warped logic and then claim that others develop a toxic atmosphere. If you're worried about the toxic atmosphere, stop replying to it and taking it forward.

There's absolutely no compulsion to reply to such posts, you have the facility to block such people you dislike and carry on.

  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

 

If someone's feedback renders you sick, there's a feature to block members on this forum. USE IT! You insist on reading my posts, you reply/react to it with your warped logic and then claim that others develop a toxic atmosphere. If you're worried about the toxic atmosphere, stop replying to it and taking it forward.

There's absolutely no compulsion to reply to such posts, you have the facility to block such people you dislike and carry on.

 

Here rests my case. 

 

Unfortunately your feedback isn't positive and comes across in a bullying tone. Many find it offensive and have picked up on it before. 

 

Like I said previously I think you need to change your tone and stop upsetting manufacturers and members on this website with your toxic posts. 

 

Enough is enough. Now please refrain from posting negative and biased posts. Every thread you are involved in turns sour with your involvement. 

 

Mark

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 46444 said:

 

Here rests my case. 

 

Unfortunately your feedback isn't positive and comes across in a bullying tone. Many find it offensive and have picked up on it before. 

 

Like I said previously I think you need to change your tone and stop upsetting manufacturers and members on this website with your toxic posts. 

 

Enough is enough. Now please refrain from posting negative and biased posts. Every thread you are involved in turns sour with your involvement. 

 

Mark

Bit sensitive aren’t we ? I don’t see any bullying ( and I detest it ), but if you refer to every critical post as “ toxic “, we might as well just write “ everything’s fine, nothing to see here “, for every model and new release. A vital part of RMweb is hopefully feedback to manufacturers to make their stuff better .

 

And very post is “ biased “ because it’s based on an individual opionion , and I doubt you’ll get thousands of modellers to agree every point .

  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Bit sensitive aren’t we ? I don’t see any bullying ( and I detest it ), but if you refer to every critical post as “ toxic “, we might as well just write “ everything’s fine, nothing to see here “, for every model and new release. A vital part of RMweb is hopefully feedback to manufacturers to make their stuff better .

 

And very post is “ biased “ because it’s based on an individual opionion , and I doubt you’ll get thousands of modellers to agree every point .

 

Hi, 

 

It certainly isn't about feeling sensitive nor about the ability to constructively help manufacturer's with producing their models. 

 

It's more in the tone and vein it is carried out in.

 

There are ways of conducting yourself on this website and other mediums. 

 

Mark

 

 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 46444 said:

 

Now please refrain from posting negative and biased posts. Every thread you are involved in turns sour with your involvement. 

 

Mark
 

 

Can you please prove it? And please provide substantial evidence to back up your claim.

It only turns sour when people such as yourself use your wonderful imaginations and read normal posts as if they were an army out to kill. You're just as guilty of making threads sour with your replies. You have an option to ignore content, you have an option to block me..but you choose not to, you choose to comment and you choose to put forth your claims. So stop trying to pass the blame elsewhere.

 

I admit I can be biased towards certain manufacturers, but none of those manufacturers include Heljan. I've been unbiased towards Heljan, just because you cannot see it, don't make assumptions. I'm personally active on other social media platforms and I've praised Heljan when they've done a good job. And nothing that I've said about Heljan is false, you only have to read to find out.

 

 

1 hour ago, 46444 said:

 

It's more in the tone and vein it is carried out in.

 

Mark

 

 

Sorry old chap, you've proved it time and time again that if someone is critical, you assume they are being rude. It has been said multiple times that one cannot really convey tone and emotion via a text without the use of emojis/emoticons. And there's just as many who misinterpret those as well, you included.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

 

Can you please prove it? And please provide substantial evidence to back up your claim.

It only turns sour when people such as yourself use your wonderful imaginations and read normal posts as if they were an army out to kill. You're just as guilty of making threads sour with your replies. You have an option to ignore content, you have an option to block me..but you choose not to, you choose to comment and you choose to put forth your claims. So stop trying to pass the blame elsewhere.

 

I admit I can be biased towards certain manufacturers, but none of those manufacturers include Heljan. I've been unbiased towards Heljan, just because you cannot see it, don't make assumptions. I'm personally active on other social media platforms and I've praised Heljan when they've done a good job. And nothing that I've said about Heljan is false, you only have to read to find out.

 

 

 

Sorry old chap, you've proved it time and time again that if someone is critical, you assume they are being rude. It has been said multiple times that one cannot really convey tone and emotion via a text without the use of emojis/emoticons. And there's just as many who misinterpret those as well, you included.

 

Need I say more. 

 

I think you have shown your true colours with the above post. 

 

Like I mentioned previously tact and diplomacy go along way in conducting yourself on this and other forums. 

 

Mark 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 46444 said:

Like I mentioned previously tact and diplomacy go along way in conducting yourself on this and other forums. 

 

tumblr_pfqpl8x3n81vbx6yro1_400.gif

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 46444 said:

 

Need I say more. 

 

I think you have shown your true colours with the above post. 

 

Like I mentioned previously tact and diplomacy go along way in conducting yourself on this and other forums. 

 

Mark 

 

I've only even seen MGRHooper make polite and cogent points about flawed models. If anything, she's polite to a fault - as evinced by the fact that she's bothered answering your increasingly hostile posts.  

 

If those like her who hold manufacturers to account (something Andy Y in an interview with Model Rail years ago said was a valid function of the site*) get shouted off the site by people who just want to say how much they like something, or how many they're going to buy, RMWeb will end up a much poorer place. As she says, choose to ignore her posts if you don't like them. 

 

*I hope I'm not misrepresenting his words - it was a long time ago. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I've never seen anything from MGR Hooper that  evenly remotely smacks of being nasty or insidious. She's only ever posted what most of us are thinking!

 

It could well be indicative of the times, that people are offended by other peoples point of view. The whole point of this forum, is to debate in a free society - as has been pointed out, there is always the 'off' button or simply skip to another thread.

 

I think that's enough of the slangging match to be honest and I'm sure a mod will be along in the not to distant future to curtail such activities.

 

As for 7mm models and as in any scale, if you're happy with what's being dished up, great.........let the rest of us debate the finer points of whatever is being produced!

If this 7mm 47 isn't right, it isn't right, simple as.

 

I for one am not an expert on the real things, so i'm happy that someone can point out the errors to me. I don't want my models to be that wrong, fellow modellers in the know will point them out to me after I've spent an inordinate amount of time on detailing them and respraying them. I want it to be as right as my limited talents allow.

 

I'm currently butchering a Heljan 37 into submission, although its fighting all the way - blimey, there's some serious faults with those things!

 

cheers

 

Andy

  • Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BigAndy said:

Personally, I've never seen anything from MGR Hooper that  evenly remotely smacks of being nasty or insidious. She's only ever posted what most of us are thinking!

 

It could well be indicative of the times, that people are offended by other peoples point of view. The whole point of this forum, is to debate in a free society - as has been pointed out, there is always the 'off' button or simply skip to another thread.

 

I think that's enough of the slangging match to be honest and I'm sure a mod will be along in the not to distant future to curtail such activities.

 

As for 7mm models and as in any scale, if you're happy with what's being dished up, great.........let the rest of us debate the finer points of whatever is being produced!

If this 7mm 47 isn't right, it isn't right, simple as.

 

I for one am not an expert on the real things, so i'm happy that someone can point out the errors to me. I don't want my models to be that wrong, fellow modellers in the know will point them out to me after I've spent an inordinate amount of time on detailing them and respraying them. I want it to be as right as my limited talents allow.

 

I'm currently butchering a Heljan 37 into submission, although its fighting all the way - blimey, there's some serious faults with those things!

 

cheers

 

Andy


that’s the trouble when you make the roof panels too wide, and force everything else down the body side, and no future versions will address it either

 

however, back onto the 47, even with the window ledge issue, it’s still going to be the best rtr 47 out there

Edited by 47606odin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

47/7

 

for those following this thread we thought we should post here too. 
 

we are looking to add the 47/7 lineup to the next Heljan 47 batch due to go into production at the end of the year. 
 

This leaves us with very little time to commit, so we’re looking for serious pre orders in the next week so we can decide whether to do the run. It’s a significant up front outlay for us as to do this variant properly, we need to retool a new body to accept the TDM cables and the Long Range tanks will also be new. The good news is this would then open up further along Range models later too. 
 

As mentioned, we don’t have long to decide as CAD would need to start very soon on this, however, it’s not a crowdfund project. The run will be produced with the rest of the Heljan models and should be on your layout at the start of the year. It’s not the usual two or three years away!

 

if you’re interested please let us know ASAP. We know some of you don’t like the deposit model, but with this model we will only produce it if the interest is there, and we’ll only produce the required quantity. 
 

you can pre order on our website here

 

If you'd really rather not pay a deposit, please register your interest here - but please remember we will not produce this model unless we can guarantee enough order by means of pre order.

 

1673550360_SR47712.jpg.3bdc9ac6efbd60e3d4f9c50facdfe091.jpg

Edited by KMS Railtech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defo Large Logo 47712 1981 vintage for me count me in, will fill paperwork in when this afternoons beer wears off lol, but it’s a go for me what a nice surprise. Loved the 47/7’s when they came out looked ultra modern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KMS Railtech said:

47/7

 

for those following this thread we thought we should post here too. 
 

but please remember we will not produce this model unless we can guarantee enough order by means of pre order.

 

 

Hi,

Do you have access to a head on photo of the new tool at all? That might help persuade people.

Cheers

 

 

Edited by Hal Nail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Hi,

Do you have access to a head on photo of the new tool at all? That might help persuade people.

Cheers

 

 

Not yet no, as we’re trying to see what the interest is before we commit a significant amount of money (think mortgage) into a new tooling!

 

however it will be a new tooling by Heljan, so it will be of their usual standard.

 

we will of course provide cad and sample photos along the way. 

  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KMS Railtech said:

Not yet no, as we’re trying to see what the interest is before we commit a significant amount of money (think mortgage) into a new tooling!

 

however it will be a new tooling by Heljan, so it will be of their usual standard.

 

we will of course provide cad and sample photos along the way. 

Kinda hope it would be better than their usual standard..

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people get their knickers in such a twist over model trains? The big duff was one of the very first diesel releases, and was released in a slightly less 'detail critical' era. However given a half decent paint and weathering job, it looks like a decent duff to me. The new one will be a much improved version of the old one, so happy days as far as I'm concerned.

received_568289484110237.jpeg

received_874630276382526.jpeg

  • Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, blueeighties said:

Why do people get their knickers in such a twist over model trains? 

Because its a lot of money to those of us with a slightly smaller back garden :)

 

That's very nicely weathered and you are right, does show it off well.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2020 at 14:44, KMS Railtech said:

47/7

 

If you'd really rather not pay a deposit, please register your interest

 

As someone who has just bought his first 0 Gauge model, the awesome 37/4 in 37405 DRS with Revolution...I would be interested in one of the Colas Rail Freight or GB Railfreight 47/7s. I do not see these on your list. I am very uncomfortable putting a deposit down on a project that isn't go. 

 

But I shall confess, I am a little confused with the Heljan 47 here. As on Tower Models it says Heljan plan to make both original and refurbished variants of the 47. I took this to assume the 47/4 aka the 47/8 as in all honestly. If a DRS 47, say 47813 Solent, was offered I would give you £700 today! (subject to paying with Amex for my consumer protection) I 1,000,000% would rather have a DRS 47 over a Colas or GBRf (I cancelled my pre-order for the Colas Rail Freight 37/4 37421 to get the Revolution DRS 37/4 instead).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.