Hornby announcement 8th May

Paul.Uni

Blue Lightening is correct; that is surely a shot of the Peckett buffer and beam. 

There are other locos with similar buffers, but that shot is of the Hornby tooling of the Peckett buffer, I'm sure.

Even within the Peckett family, there are not that many alternatives to the W4 with that precise arrangement of thick wooden buffer beam mounted partly above the foot plate.  Later Pecketts seem to have thinner, steel, buffer beams.  Earlier Pecketts and Fox Walkers had wooden buffer beams and that pattern of buffer, but the buffer beam mounted partly above the foot plate really restricts the possibilities.   

post-25673-0-55324200-1525633302.jpg

• Like 2

One acronym about the forthcoming announcement:

DILLIGAF!

OK, I'll bite. I can work out what the AF means, not Air France but pretty much what I don't give about these constant references to things that boil water and don't make tea, but DILLIG?

Edited by wombatofludham

Hell no. It's called joining in the fun....

It certainly is fun, I think I quite possibly have too much time on my hands, I'm actually looking forward to the announcement(s).

Better go and photoshop another Hornby Black 5....   or West Country, or Bugatti P2....  :)

• RMweb Premium

OK, I'll bite. I can work out what the AF means, not Air France but pretty much what I don't give about these constant references to things that boil water and don't make tea, but DILLIG?

Do I Look Like I Give AF

Do I Look Like I Give A Fxxx

Dilligaf.

Maybe Hornby are releasing a Jay-Z cover:

I've got 29 problem's but a Peckett ain't one.

Hat coat gone

Do I Look Like I Give AF

Thanks. Obvious when you see it, but having just got in from a live concert by Dean Friedman (the older viewers will remember him and his No3 hit "Thank Your Lucky Stars" of 1978) at our Village Hall (now twinned with the London Palladium) I just couldn't work it out.

Edited by wombatofludham
  • Like 1

It’s definitely some form of Peckett. So the DLR drawing was a complete red herring (well done Hornby, it worked).

Or was it?

There is an 0-6-0 Peckett tank in Stratford.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/CXNEXB/stratford-railway-station-with-robert-steam-shunter-engine-CXNEXB.jpg

Stratford is a huge station with platforms for National Rail, overground, underground and soon Crossrail (HS1 also passes through) But have a guess which driverless London light Railway has its platforms a few meters away from the 0-6-0??

Coincidence? Probably.

Edited by cal.n
  • Like 1

Kevin bloody Wilson done a very good song about that acronym.

Back on topic I do hope it’s a Peckett I’ve got one already with another on pre-order. But I can’t help collecting them.

Big james

On the other hand, the "surprise" might be that research and design is being personally directed by Lyndon Davies and the team from Oxford, so what we are in fact seeing is a shot of the buffers on Hornby's new WD Austerity 2-10-0.

We are told that the release programs are planned years in advance so did Hornby hold back 29 models from this years catalogue to release/ announce now or is it more likely to be the absorption of some of the oxford range and a couple of reliveries?

Mark

• RMweb Premium

We are told that the release programs are planned years in advance so did Hornby hold back 29 models from this years catalogue to release/ announce now or is it more likely to be the absorption of some of the oxford range and a couple of reliveries?

Mark

Did they find new manufacturing capacity( maybe related to Oxford?) that’s allowed them to bring forward items that might have been in the 2019 program?

• RMweb Gold

It'a "29 things" would be nice if just 1 could be something diesel/electric!

I agree. An Electrostar would be nice (did I say that before?).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

One "vital" question doesn't seem to have been asked  -  what TIME tomorrow ?

I would prefer it to be after breakfast, so much more civilised.

That depends when you have breakfast, surely? :jester: