Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Not since Graham bought 50 and caused a wave of panic buying.  They say he keeps them safe and secure at the top of his toilet roll tower

That would be me actually.

I made my bed and now I sleep on them.

The pink one is softer than the others.

:D

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 17/11/2021 at 01:45, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

53 of 66721,88 of 66743 and 99 of 66623 so in a week the mover is now 623. Its going to take a while now i guess.

Maybe another price reduction would help- say a christmas sale- how about it hattons????

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 19/11/2020 at 10:02, classy52 said:

Just a heads up everyone Hattons have greatly reduced their DCC Ready Class 66 prices on new models from £150 down to a starting price of £119...absolute bargain on these!

In addition it appears their used prices have also been reduced further as well.

Its 1 year since this post set the thread on fire.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/11/2021 at 01:45, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

53 of 66721,88 of 66743 and 99 of 66623 so in a week the mover is now 623. Its going to take a while now i guess.

66721?

That'll get a few excited!

:lol:

• Funny 3

11 hours ago, TomScrut said:

It is definitely one I am conflicted about.

I'd love a Hattons one for the sake of detail and lighting but I don't want the value of my Bachmann one to plummet.

I'd be surprised if LT or GBRf allow the artwork to be released, but I may be wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

I think that would depend on what the original agreement was and how much money may change hands...

Roy

In the current climate, probably right.

But I guess what's key is who actually  owns the design.....

Edited by martin_l_jones
  • Like 1

On 19/11/2021 at 15:35, martin_l_jones said:

In the current climate, probably right.

But I guess what's key is who actually  owns the design.....

Ultimately TFL will given how protective they are about copyright of their brand. GBRF would not be able to authorise the tube map, nor LU logo, (nor potentially Johnston typeface??!) in a commercial model, only TFL (or possibly LT Museum) would.

I just hope Hattons consider this for the future, or at least 721 in its current condition but with name. It is a fantastic livery and I regret not picking up a Bachmann model.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The way these work could well be the way to go if a future batch has a rotating end on the bogie, useful bit for wagon builders too

https://irishrailwaymodels.co.uk/collections/accessories/accessory-type_wheels-bogies?

Rotating axleboxes are easier to do if no sideplay is needed - such as in a 2-axle bogie.

A longer wheel base 3-axle needs at least some sideplay on the middle axle, and probably made worse (i.e. more sideplay) with a design brief to make it work around very sharp curves.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Rotating axleboxes are easier to do if no sideplay is needed - such as in a 2-axle bogie.

A longer wheel base 3-axle needs at least some sideplay on the middle axle, and probably made worse (i.e. more sideplay) with a design brief to make it work around very sharp curves.

True indeed but this looks to be in the seperate detail.Will be purchasing some just to check it out

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/11/2021 at 22:22, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

55 of 66731,90 of 66743 and 106 of 66623

Just for fun, 1 month later…

34 of 66731, 58 of 66743 and 81of 66623

78 sold in a month or so !.. on that basis, 2 months left and job done.

If your thinking of resprays and need cheap candidates I guess don't wait too long.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Just for fun, 1 month later…

34 of 66731, 58 of 66743 and 81of 66623

78 sold in a month or so !.. on that basis, 2 months left and job done.

If your thinking of resprays and need cheap candidates I guess don't wait too long.

only 66743 i will go for at some point,thanks .

• 2 weeks later...

And what if Hattons aren't doing anymore under their name?

Apart from the OO gauge coaches and the cranes to come everything else is in the bargain list now, what if they are reconsidering how they manufacture stuff to regain Bachmann now they are also on Hornby's naughty step.

Just musing out loud here.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

And what if Hattons aren't doing anymore under their name?

Apart from the OO gauge coaches and the cranes to come everything else is in the bargain list now, what if they are reconsidering how they manufacture stuff to regain Bachmann now they are also on Hornby's naughty step.

Just musing out loud here.

EFE? :lol:

I do wonder though, but in fairness just because stuff is discounted it doesn't mean it is a disaster, especially given that it is direct to market.

As an example, I think them 66s at £120 were still making them money simply because they are dealer and manufacturer rather than having an extra layer of margin.

It would be a shame if they do pull out of "manufacturer" status, everything I have bought from them (which is just FEAs and 66s) are good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1