Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

15 minutes ago, class27 said:

Really like the underframe weathering on the 47. 

Thanks very much, I do enjoy my weathering, and the plan is to have a dedicated set up in the Garden Shed in the new pad. It has power, but the owners says the shed is on it's last legs, so I'll either try and get it re structured or I'll replace it with something cheap with a lot of windows for natural light as well as proper lighting.

• Like 3

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 22:00, Andrew P said:

I used to enjoy driving down peoples back passage when I lived down there.:o

Now let me re phrase that for those that don't know the area.

The Depot is either side of the Campbell Road, with houses along both sides. behind the houses runs a lane just wide enough for a car, that runs between the backs of the houses and the two Yards, so driving down the back passage, as I called it got some great views of stored and active Locos and Stock.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much things have changed when I move back down, and spend time at Eastleigh again.

2020-03-18.png.081adf90d0cffdfbfd77e4538847f63a.png

I was there at the weekend, a lot of buildings have been demolished at the main entrance to the works, where the security hut "used" to be. Should give a clearer view into the works, but its still a work in progress.. 

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

I was there at the weekend, a lot of buildings have been demolished at the main entrance to the works, where the security hut "used" to be. Should give a clearer view into the works, but its still a work in progress.. 

Thanks Scott, That's worth knowing, I must admit, when I was down in October and January I didn't drive down there.

I'm looking forward to getting back and having a proper look around again.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

a lot of buildings have been demolished at the main entrance to the works, where the security hut "used" to be.

One time I went a 47 was stabled on the nearest line to that hut but just out of sight from the gate. I asked the security chap if there was any chance i could walk in 10m, still in his full sight and nowhere near anything moving, as I could see a cracking photo (the one at the top of this page reminded me).

The miserable sod said no so I hope he was still sat in it when it was flattened :)

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

5 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Hi Mate, l see you managed to fit the snowploughs, looks great....

No Buddy, It came with them on, plus another set in the packet, un opened with the rest of the pipework.:good:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Looks awesome Mr Peters. I feel the pain of not being able to run new purchases.

However this week I've been off work with a chest infection and my boys in school, I took to hoovering the living room and dining room carpet and putting some track down yesterday!

Played with my sound chipped Dapol 08 first with HAA's and VBA van. Then I broke out my 2 new Heljan 60's and cargowaggon and flats.

Of course the controller was ripped from my hands when my boys got home from school!

Paul 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Lovely 37 Andy. Was that a limited edition?

Not a clue mate, the E-Bay listing was very limited, and didn't even have pics that showed the  ends, so I had to ask if it was a split Head Code Model, so really pleased with it now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

Andy, hope that you don't mind, but thought that this one would look great as if taken in the 80's.

Looks realistic to me!

APeters01.jpg

Thanks Richard, really come out well in Monochrome, :good:

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

The amount of work he does means that he could be in a 'work at home' situation.

I bet his missus is glad that he is a key worker :laugh_mini: 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

With the Class 47, 47199 filled, the Yard's resident 08, 08173 approaches the Fuel pump, watched over by Lazy Joe, who is keeping his distance from his colleagues. You will also notice Fat Fred has his face mask on as well.

DSCF2993.JPG.da9192ca93da23b105d16f24668367c5.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16