Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

3 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Remember it ... how's the practice going ... has Dee banished you back to the shed yet?

Yes banished as always when playing the Guitars,:no:

But a nice change today.:good:

1 hour ago, pwr said:

looking forward to listening to this. Do you have a spare yard of track to demo?

Paul R

I do have just 1 yrd  and will do a Vid very soon, It does sound good though.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, KNP said:

They say time flies...….

Not as fast as Andy's layouts come and go, having been started, progressed and finished, in world record time! :mocking_mini:  There was rumour that Guiness Book of Records were going to time one for an official entry :)

Sorry to hear all of this means your staying put for now mate, hopefully it won't be too long before you can move.  Just stay home and stay safe.

Rich

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Not as fast as Andy's layouts come and go, having been started, progressed and finished, in world record time! :mocking_mini:  There was rumour that Guiness Book of Records were going to time one for an official entry :)

Sorry to hear all of this means your staying put for now mate, hopefully it won't be too long before you can move.  Just stay home and stay safe.

Rich

Thanks Rich, I still keep finding jobs that I can do.

BTW, Have you seen two drivers I did for the 33? :o

They were on my workbench for ages, and then I put them safely in one of the boxes ready for the move. But now I need them for the 37 and can't find them.:no:

Ain't it a sod when that happens.:secret:

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

Lazy Joe is seen practicing his Social Distancing skills whilst studying the Bogie detail on the Railfreight 20 in Seven Mills this morning. In truth of course, we didn't have CV19 in the 80's, so he's probably just a billy no mates.:no2:

DSCF2974.JPG.af32acb06520c196ae423191647e0c0f.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Great day today, I decided to fit the Sound Chip to 37081, Loch Long.

With help from both David / Jintyman and Paul Chetter I have fitted it with total success.

I have done it through a Male / Female plug so the Chip can be easily removed if required.

The Tail Lights work independently for Light Engine, or pulling a Train.

The Speaker is a double Boom Bass.

There is also a plug for removing the body away from the chassis.

IMG_1561.JPG.55b60d11678a9411cf2eef5328a33efb.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG.f5d9fe9617e6867537f694e724191e60.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG.d13e1873304869c973b0c2cda841db31.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG.f8f012028972483d6741f4883f24a5fc.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG.d037c6c02c15b7cb65e0554414471f29.JPG

So DCC is only TWO wires.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So DCC is only TWO wires.

It is. You connect two wires here, two wires there, two wires over there, two wires up there, two wires down here, etc. etc.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

Thanks for the video Andy

I though Heljan were supposed to have fixed this gear issue. This looks like a 3rd gen model or is it a modified 1st gen?

thanks 

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Thanks for the video Andy

I though Heljan were supposed to have fixed this gear issue. This looks like a 3rd gen model or is it a modified 1st gen?

thanks 

Paul R

No Paul, this is a first Generation one, I bought it second hand off E-Bay the other week, and suspected it was a duff one by the vague answers to a question to the seller.

It's not a problem for me, as all of mine apart from the 40 are single motored.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Father Dougal said:

Is that a boom box speaker you fitted? Looks just like the one I fitted to my Hymek.

Dougal

Yes Dougal, a twin Boom Box, and a lovely sound.:good:

23 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Sounds nice Andy, but I'm worried about future track wear if you let it run

on SMS ..... eventually. (If it squeals like that on plain, straight track!)

Keep smiling.

TONY

Yes I like the Flange squeal, and the plain blue one has a Tower Sound which also includes a Track Groan, which is a nice addition to flange squeal.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Awesome sound on the 37 Mr Peters. I have a DJH 37 awaiting its sound system to be fitted once I've finished building it. This weekend I'm hoping to fit my Heljan 60 with sound. Once my wife has cleared her makeshift desk I made so she could work at home, it'll be my model desk for 2 days. Luckily I have a rolling road so I can give them full throttle! 

Never fitted DCC before, so a little apprehensive about blowing 200 quid.....literally.....wish me luck!

• Friendly/supportive 2

13 minutes ago, Joner said:

Awesome sound on the 37 Mr Peters. I have a DJH 37 awaiting its sound system to be fitted once I've finished building it. This weekend I'm hoping to fit my Heljan 60 with sound. Once my wife has cleared her makeshift desk I made so she could work at home, it'll be my model desk for 2 days. Luckily I have a rolling road so I can give them full throttle! 

Never fitted DCC before, so a little apprehensive about blowing 200 quid.....literally.....wish me luck!

Good luck with that Joner. Who's sound chip is it?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Good luck with that Joner. Who's sound chip is it?

I've got a  digitrains protodrive for the 37 and youchoos immersive for the 60. All foreign to me as I'm not electrically minded.

I'm probably going to take all weekend to fit 1 decoder. I'm not going to rush it and will be heading to the tinternet for help.

At least while I'm off I've been busy planning my new summer/train house. That and keeping the kids somewhat occupied. 

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Very clever Bodgit, well done looks like spaghetti  junction in the 37, right over my head...

Cheers Mate, that's all my Locos Sound fitted now, so well pleased with that.

I still need to sell some more OO that's on flea-bay and then see what I can do when I get down Souf.

I also want a P Bass as I like the sound they give, and I'll need a spare for any Gigs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joner said:

I've got a  digitrains protodrive for the 37 and youchoos immersive for the 60. All foreign to me as I'm not electrically minded.

I'm probably going to take all weekend to fit 1 decoder. I'm not going to rush it and will be heading to the tinternet for help.

At least while I'm off I've been busy planning my new summer/train house. That and keeping the kids somewhat occupied. 

If it's a Digitrains protodrive for the 37 then it will be the same as I have in this one and my other Large Logo 37.

NICE.:good:

I've not heard YouChoos 60 though but will probably be excellent.

• Friendly/supportive 1