RHTT 2018

Yeah, I know, it's still August!

57007 dropped off a raft of squirty wagons in Stowmarket this afternoon. Traditionally the allox traction for the diagrams will follow some weeks away.

You know the drill by now friends, post yer sightings of shiney kit soon, and crud covered kit up to November.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Likewise, 57002 has taken two sets to Carlisle today

Ta to the north-west list for this:

3J11 Kingmoor to Kingmoor via North-West confirmed to 66s throughout unless otherwise stated.

3S22 Kingmoor to Kingmoor via North-East confirmed to be 66s throughout unless otherwise stated.

3S94 Kingmoor to Kingmoor via Dumfries confirmed to be 66s throughout unless otherwise stated. [uses 3S22 Set]

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I was the driver on Stowmarket one, depressing that autumn is so close!

It was a bit earlier than usual this year as apparently network wanted space at York

Edited by russ p

• RMweb Gold

Here's Russ passing Thurston this afternoon, with a nice bit of clag - very gloomy, the weather has changed dramatically over the last couple of weeks, dull and early nights.

Thurston

28 August

57007, John Scott, 12.5.45 - 22.5.12 on 6Z21, 09:58, York Thrall Europa - Stowmarket D.G.L. (15:59) - RHTT sets for 2018 season

post-6662-0-55696300-1535488836_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Should be

Interestingly, I have noticed that the 20/3s at Barrow Hill have remained parked in a line this year and as far as I am aware none have been taken into the sheds to receive any maintenance. Although 20302 and 20303 are at Gresty Bridge and have remained their since before the open day in July. I do know that 37s are cleared for running on at least one of the two Yorkshire diagrams and 602, 605 and 606 are all at Gresty Bridge with status N. So it could be alike last year that we see a mixture of 20/3s and 37/6s on the Yorkshire RHTTs. 

Maybe not relevant... but here's 37401 passing Hexham on the 4th September, returning to Carlisle from Nunthorpe. Would this have been a RHTT route learning run?

0Z77 Kingmoor/North East RHTT refresher according to WNXX website.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a full round-up of all RHTT circuits (and the wagon numbers if anyone wants them) In this week's Railway Herald magazine online - comments that Class 20s are still required for the South Yorkshire circuit because of a clearance restriction en route, and that 37s or 68s could also appear with an altered diagram.

They've launched - 3S01, Stow - Stow via Southend and Clacton (and the obvious main line in between!) - a test I believe

Hmm. John Day reported it as Sierra 60 on Anglia-Gen this morning, I was sceptical they'd started for real.

Is the test just today Dave?

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

37059 and 37069 on the first run of the season all points North West 3J11 tonight.

According to local gen, it's only a test run [*] and will be 66s from Monday.

[*]The jets were on and 069 wasn't powered up at the back passing me.

Cheers,

Mick