RHTT 2018

Article about RHTT on tonight's 'BBC South Today' local news report:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone?rewindTo=current

That link takes me to Look North! I guess it's whatever was on TV in your region at the time of broadcast.

There must be a way to get a specific link...

Aha - from about 04:30 on the lunchtime episode:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bmdtlv/south-today-lunchtime-news-10102018

That link takes me to Look North! I guess it's whatever was on TV in your region at the time of broadcast.

There must be a way to get a specific link...

Aha - from about 04:30 on the lunchtime episode:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bmdtlv/south-today-lunchtime-news-10102018

Hi EWD, thanks. Just has another look and can't find 'South Today' on iplayer now! Missed the lunchtime version...will see if I can find later. One interesting comment which was stressed a couple of times is restrictions being placed on Network Rail wrt felling/cutting down trees in comparison with local environment to railways in steam era due to fire risk!

• RMweb Premium

Blimey Mick that is a long diagram. Does that formation have the extra flat with the 3 water tanks, or do they have to fill up somewhere?

3 wagons - 8 tanks and one jetting unit in the middle. I can only presume they refill back at Kingmoor. When it first started it was two wagons with 5 water tanks and regularly ran out of water.

The diagram does change a little bit on different nights of the week - it runs 6 days, only not setting out on a Saturday.

Swapped to 66s for tonight as it passed me.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

do any run in the devon/dorset area? can't seem to find anything (granted no sure what to search on to be honest). looking to model the hattons rhtt and my area is devon/dorset

sorry ignore this question, just read the topic heading,i'll ask somewhere else on the forum.

Edited by jonnyuk

66104 (DB red) and 56302 (Colas orange) worked Monday's 22:37 Gloucester Horton Road to Cheltenham Lansdown Loop RHTT via Craven Arms, Oxford & Kings Norton.  It was previously worked by 56096 and 56105.  The 66 and 56 made for a colourful train, as neither has had the chance to get too dirty yet.

Information seen online suggests that 56105 was taken out for tyre turning at St Philips Marsh.  It worked 0Z56 today from Bristol St Philips Marsh to Crewe Basford Hall.

And another from yesterday as the sun was setting, the 73s again in Strood, at the foot of Sole Street bank. Rochester Bridge and castle on the far right. I think it's spraying at this point:

post-6971-0-11456900-1540060391_thumb.jpg

I've got a photo of the same view from the same bridge of a 73 on light blue tanks from 30-plus years ago (the Bowater TTA china clay tanks), but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment for a comparison. I'm sure I've posted it on here, but can I find it?

Nowadays only a phone with a tiny lens, like that on a phone, can take a shot through the mesh on the bridge.

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

66050/66051 were in Euston last night. Sorry for the photo quality, I didn't want to dig out my proper camera from the bottom of my bag

44468562645_df4ce3161b_c.jpgRHTT Euston Station by Bimble, on Flickr

44468559895_3e2cee7c44_c.jpgRHTT Euston Station by Bimble, on Flickr

44468561325_73af9c02ac_c.jpgRHTT Euston Station by Bimble, on Flickr

I had a op red 66 that was weathered to that kinda level. Looked cool with the RHTT set I had

• RMweb Gold

On weekdays the Rhymney branch is visited by DB locos based at Margam. On Sundays DB have sub-contracted to Colas who operate 3S59 circular from Bristol Barton Hill. 66.850 and 66.847 are seen at Bargoed last night 21Oct18. Not sure we've ever had the planned use of 2 different company locos on the same branch in the same season?

post-11293-0-13091900-1540201018_thumb.jpg

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

37s on the northern circuit again. Making quite a noise past work earlier - I really must go and get a pic.

It looks like the pattern is 37s on Friday/Sunday and 66s on Monday-Thursday. Possibly freeing up 66s for weekend engineering work.

EDIT: 37's on it again tonight... Must get a pic tomorrow!

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Almost business as usual on the Carlisle-Little Mill-Nunthorpe run.

37218 replaced 069 just over a week ago and as far as I know it's been the same pair since then.

Sunday 21st Oct. 37218 with 059 near Hexham.

post-13274-0-24545900-1540325039.jpg

post-13274-0-24545900-1540325039.jpg

Edited by 60091
  • Like 4