Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

For stupid here, would you explain “magnetic relay activation” please? Is it something akin to Rapido’s magnetic wand control?

Each coach (including the sleepers) will feature accurate interior lighting (and tail lights where relevant) with all axle pickup and a PowerPack for flicker free running. The lights will be activated using a (supplied) magnetic wand.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 5

1 minute ago, McC said:

Each coach (including the sleepers) will feature accurate interior lighting (and tail lights where relevant) with all axle pickup and a PowerPack for flicker free running. The lights will be activated using a (supplied) magnetic wand.

Thank you. That is impressive!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, McC said:

This sounds fantastic, love DCC etc but i'm thinking witchcraft

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

We don’t offer a bundle deal on Mark 5 coaches.

Cheers!

Fran

But then you don't (appear to) sell the coaches individually so by definition they're a 'bundle' deal.

• Like 1

Also here is a 92 with some mk5s at York last month so diversions with the new coaches are happening every now and again. For those of you who may not be buying sleepers on grounds of being limited to WCML/Scotland.

92028 York 1S25 2023 Euston - Inverness 01-06-20

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Half-full
14 minutes ago, Class 158 productions said:

Obviously these are still quite early on in the design process, have you decided on a coupling, like a conductive bar type or just NEM pockets? 

Why dont you look on their website?

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

cosmentic coupling

That looks brilliant TBH! Although I don't know what the prototype looks like in this respect.

I bet you could sell those separately as well, I know there are others who do these but they don't look like that I don't think.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, I should point out that this is on the sleepers, the TPE Mark 5 will have a bar with magnets as per the real thing there too, but work in a similar manner. 

If demand is there we will sell them as accessories. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

14 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks, I should point out that this is on the sleepers, the TPE Mark 5 will have a bar with magnets as per the real thing there too, but work in a similar manner. 

Cheers!

Fran

I have Hunt couplings on almost everything I have and the concept is great (although not perfect) but for this sort of thing them coming with them looking like the real thing is fantastic. It is so much easier to put stuff on the layout with them.

• Like 2

I've also applied Hunts to 2 sets of my rolling stock - HST and 100-tonne TEA bogie tankers.

The HST had no problems, the connectors being 'captive', but the TEA wagons were NEM pockets, with some pulling out of the socket - the magnets were great.

If there's a more-commercial-grade magnetic coupling - realistic looking, at a fair price - I'd probably be up for quite a few.

The Hunts are a fantastic initiative, and very well done, but through some variations in production, I've had a few problems - now never to happen again, ever.

As an extreme measure, I decided to superglue them in!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

2 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

As an extreme measure, I decided to superglue them in!!

I have had to do this on a few, just a dab to make them think twice rather than permanently as they weren't on the removable pockets. I have had a few instances of either the magnetic joint failing or the coupler pulling out of the pocket almost always ending in a prang. It's a shame as they are a great concept, and 9 time out of 10 a great product.

Totally agreed there Tom - great concept, just a little more care in the application required ...

This is where A/S and their Chinese friends should have an advantage ... 

Would it win over Kadee's ... or others ... time would tell I suppose, but connecting / uncoupling is easy, with a little Godly assistance.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
sensitive text for some

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Totally agreed there Tom - great concept, just a little more care in the application required ...

This is where A/S and their Chinese fiends, sorry friends should have an advantage ... 

Would it win over Kadee's ... or others ... time would tell I suppose, but connecting / uncoupling is easy, with a little Godly assistance.

Al.

Chinese fiends? :mad: was that really necessary?

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

114138259_Screenshot2020-07-20at15_42_24.png.eb7281e22268af916d83930be720ae64.png

Now THAT looks brilliant...I tried to make a similar representation a few years ago but didn’t follow it through. That was for application on a Pendolino to 57/3 combination, and I doubt I’m alone in thinking a pair of these couplings would look stunning between Dellner-fitted MUs or a 390 and 57/3. And besides, if 100% prototypical accuracy isn't the end game then they’d look fine between any wagons/coaches etc too.

Looking forward to this update in the next few weeks :yes:

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran

We will need at least 1 spare.. to couple to the class 68..

• Like 2
  • Agree 2