The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Anne Diamond like trains.....

soony

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Apparently Rod Stewart and Pete Waterman are into model trains

The coarse fishing season doesn't open again until 15 June so please stop dangling bait in the water. :p

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Apparently Rod Stewart and Pete Waterman are into model trains..................................................................................................................................................

I'll see your Rod and Pete and raise you a Roger (Daltrey)

Sorry @AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Lets not forget the numerous modellers taking the time to sharing their techniques in print and online, helping us lesser mortals improve our models, they are the real superstars of railway modelling!

• Like 4
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Wellyboots said:

Lets not forget the numerous modellers taking the time to sharing their techniques in print and online, helping us lesser mortals improve our models, they are the real superstars of railway modelling!

Cheque's in the post, Welly...

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Dave John said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rail_transport_modellers

Ok, I'll get back to decorating .... 

I make that 67 famous modellers, but I've only ever heard of 27 of them.  Not sure I want to be in the company of Walt Disney and definitely not Hermann Goering, but I had at least heard of them and knew that Hermann had a layout.  Not sure Bob Symes should be included; didn't he become famous for being a modeller in the first place?

Lionel Trains is very frequently mentioned in the list, an indication of the iconic place it holds in US culture

To get back to the original point, Anne does have a layout and has mentioned it a few times when on The Jeremy Vine Show, and its predecessor The Wright Stuff.

Another less well-known enthusiast is Susan Calman. She doesn't drive so travels by train a lot, and has also started modelling. She was considering a garden layout at one point and goes to Model Rail Scotland most years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I make that 67 famous modellers, but I've only ever heard of 27 of them.  Not sure I want to be in the company of Walt Disney and definitely not Hermann Goering, but I had at least heard of them and knew that Hermann had a layout.  Not sure Bob Symes should be included; didn't he become famous for being a modeller in the first place?

Lionel Trains is very frequently mentioned in the list, an indication of the iconic place it holds in US culture

The other exclusions include (!)- Carl Arendt (Micro-Layouts)

Rev. Peter Denny

Rev. 'Teddy' Boston

and fictional-                                   Arthur (Dudley Moore)

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

How about we combine our two favourite topics  - famous modellers and wishlists - people who we wish were railway modellers:

Rihanna, Jenny Agutter, Michelle Gomez and Susanna Hoffs

17 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

Hannah Fry and Alice Roberts

Any of them any good with a static grass applicator ?   :jester:

• Funny 1