Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Unfortunately when in transit from when Hornby Mag loaned it and from delivery the bogie side frames snapped off from the cross member front and rear.

In hindsight I should not have glued them on as side frames have to be removed to get the body off.

Looks like a call to Gaugemaster for spares.

17 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Unfortunately when in transit from when Hornby Mag loaned it and from delivery the bogie side frames snapped off from the cross member front and rear.

In hindsight I should not have glued them on as side frames have to be removed to get the body off.

Looks like a call to Gaugemaster for spares.

I never take my bogie frames off, twist bogie one way, remove screw, twist other way, remove other screw

regarding short, disconnect the pickup wires from the chip. If it still shorts it’s a bogie issues, reconnect pick ups if okay, disconnect the motor wires and lights. If then trips it’s the chip. If okay, reconnect one motor, if okay reconnect other motor, and finally, if still okay, reconnect the lights. It’s a good way to check a wire hasn’t popped out of the terminals and touching another terminal. Good luck

• Thanks 1

On 07/09/2021 at 13:06, 47606odin said:

I never take my bogie frames off, twist bogie one way, remove screw, twist other way, remove other screw

regarding short, disconnect the pickup wires from the chip. If it still shorts it’s a bogie issues, reconnect pick ups if okay, disconnect the motor wires and lights. If then trips it’s the chip. If okay, reconnect one motor, if okay reconnect other motor, and finally, if still okay, reconnect the lights. It’s a good way to check a wire hasn’t popped out of the terminals and touching another terminal. Good luck

Thanks Ian much appreciated. :good_mini:

9 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Heard the tractor roar past the level crossing 100 yards from me, but missed it. Local facebook page showed just what the ‘roar’ was today.

Would love Caroline in O gauge.

Come on Revolution please upscale your OO version. 

4E40564F-7493-44F2-B903-E4C6E5A65E04.jpeg

mine is currently being built by J&M Hughes, but I’m having the NSE version. The sides are pictured on his workbench thread, currently top of his latest page

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

37421 by the goods shed. Iv also started to lay the concrete trunking from Intentio it is only laid loose at the moment.

I dont think on the railway today that is ever straight!

In other news taking advantage of my lack of get up and go a spider moved into the goods shed….:swoon:

image.jpg

Just how big is this spider?

Paul R

A quick video of the 31. Apologies for the shaky right hand.

Not sure why the lights are flickering?

Update on the shorting issue I now think it could be a dodgy connecting lead to the NCE Power Cab handset. I bought a new one recently from Digitrains.

Tested 37405 on the small diorama layout ‘builders yard’ and it worked OK.

• Like 4

On 13/09/2021 at 13:56, Baggies1961 said:

Not sure why the lights are flickering?

Are they flickering to the naked eye? I suspect not, it will be down to the refresh rate of the LEDs and the frame rate of the recording, digital recording of LEDs often shows flickering, I have had it myself.

• Thanks 1