Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year to you Peter.  I have to try and sleep through all the parties here with an early shift in the morning!  Ah the joys.  The alternative was a round-midnight late shift tonight!!!

Happy New Year to you Peter.  I have to try and sleep through all the parties here with an early shift in the morning!  Ah the joys.  The alternative was a round-midnight late shift tonight!!!

Thanks Rick, Hope you got some sleep it was pretty noisy down this way. 

Cheers Peter.

Happy New Year Pete and family, keep up with the excellent work that you do on Llanbourne, and I look forward to a meetup when your visiting in the future.

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin,

Probably be back in 2018 all being well, will certainly catch up.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Rick, Hope you got some sleep it was pretty noisy down this way. 

Cheers Peter.

Not a lot mate.  Fireworks and music all around until about 2am.  Alarm set for 5am.  Caught up by crashing when I got home last night just after 6 and not waking until 9 this morning :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I do like the Red Stripe livery, but it always seemed a little artificial when the locos didn't have a true solebar & bufferbeam to paint (like the 20s and 58s did). Not detracting from your work in any way, they look smart and very bold :)

Two loco's pretty much finished. The class 31 needs a chip so I haven't test run it yet. 37032 took a bit of work to get the body back on and sitting straight it also needed the pick ups sorted and the wheels cleaned. It's now running well, and worked its first train. 

I have plonked the signal on the layout too and planted a small phone just in front.

Cheers Peter.

I would just like to say that in those pictures that you have just posted, I think the grass and bushes in the background look really good and very convincing. It's an area where I struggle a bit with my layout but yours looks spot on what I would be happy with. Your trains and signal look really good too!

Edited by andy stroud

Hi Peter,

I had to look twice when I saw the first shot of the 37 looks very realistic in the scenery.

That 31 is a cracker, nice weathering on what is a fairly clean loco with the oil stains seeping out etc. And the red shade looks right too.

All the best

Mark

I do like the Red Stripe livery, but it always seemed a little artificial when the locos didn't have a true solebar & bufferbeam to paint (like the 20s and 58s did). Not detracting from your work in any way, they look smart and very bold :)

Hi Rich,

I know what you mean I thought it was strange when I first saw a class 37 with red stripe. I think like most things you get used to it. I think the red stripe on the class 31 looks better than the class 37 to be honest.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I would just like to say that in those pictures that you have just posted, I think the grass and bushes in the background look really good and very convincing. It's an area where I struggle a bit with my layout but yours looks spot on what I would be happy with. Your trains and signal look really good too!

Thanks Andy,

I have spent a bit of time trying to get the grass etc to look right. But I am still not a 100% happy with it. Your layout is looking great and I think working in 2mm might make it harder to do grass area's but bushes etc shouldn't be to hard to do.

Cheers Peter. 

Some more nice locos photos there Peter.

Thanks Mate, still a bit to do on the class 37. I have a railfreight grey class 47 on the workbench too hopefully finish in the next few weeks.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I had to look twice when I saw the first shot of the 37 looks very realistic in the scenery.

That 31 is a cracker, nice weathering on what is a fairly clean loco with the oil stains seeping out etc. And the red shade looks right too.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

The red is the Humbrol colour I thought the Railmatch one was a bit too orange. I am well happy with the class 31 it's come up quite well.

Cheers Peter.

The two locos both look great Peter. I do like that livery but much prefer the original Railfreight and the red stripe does look better on a loco with a solebar such as a 20, 26 or 58. Although it does suit the 31 slightly better than the 37 as there is an obvious seam between the body panels.

Edited by Jim76

Ooooh, that tractor looks the dogs danglies. Top job indeed. The only problem I can see it looks terrible upside down. It would look much better the right way up on Peak Dale Wood. HaHaHa!!

The Ped looks rather good as well by the way.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Peter, that 31 does look the Nuts, I was going to sell my 56 and 20's in R/F but Marcus has talked me into keeping them now and running BV in a slightly later period than the current Blue Period..

Your work on the Locos is superb, and I love what you've done with the Crew in that 31.

I see that Hornby are releasing TTS Sound units for  £36 at Hattons, with 31's, 37's and 47's available, they may NOT be perfect but I can live with that.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/244044/Hornby_R8101_TTS_DCC_Sound_Decoder_with_8_pin_plug_Class_31_diesel/StockDetail.aspx

Happy New Year Peter, loving the Red stripe Railfreight action. Superb job as always.

You had better be prepared, because if either of those two drop on to a passenger working then Llanbourne will be a wash with bashers!

Thanks Alex,

I am sure the bashers will get there chance most of my loco's get a run out on a passenger working.

Cheers Peter.

The two locos both look great Peter. I do like that livery but much prefer the original Railfreight and the red stripe does look better on a loco with a solebar such as a 20, 26 or 58. Although it does suit the 31 slightly better than the 37 as there is an obvious seam between the body panels.

Hi Jim,

I agree about the class 26. I have a couple of class 26s in railfreight that need the red painted on they might even get done this year.

Cheers Peter.

Ooooh, that tractor looks the dogs danglies. Top job indeed. The only problem I can see it looks terrible upside down. It would look much better the right way up on Peak Dale Wood. HaHaHa!!

The Ped looks rather good as well by the way.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Mark,

it would look at home on Peal Dale Wood may be put it on the list for Cav to repaint for you.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1