Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Thanks John,

You are welcome to drop by if you have time when you come down to Melbourne. Hope you had a good trip to Scotland, we love our visits up there.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter. It's a bit of a trek from the city down the peninsula and back for an evening, but you never know!

Thanks Peter. It's a bit of a trek from the city down the peninsula and back for an evening, but you never know!

It is a bit, depending on time I can pick you up from Frankston though. I am sure we can sort something one of these days.

Cheers Peter.

Great pics as always Peter, is the shed based on Llandudno Junction? Certainly looks impressive.

Thanks Mate, the shed is sirt if based on the one that uswd to be at Holyhead. Plan is to do a flat type roof.

Cheers Peter.

Love the latest pics Peter, superb and inspirational, thanks.

Thanks Andy,still getting bits done the shed is taking a while to do. But I have been playing trains in the last few weeks.

Cheers Peter.

37428 looks simply stunning Peter, a real eye catcher.

Thanks Simon,

I saw a few of the Canton 37/4s back in the day, in 86-7 they were still in fairly good condition.

Cheers Peter.

That top one of the 25s would be a good candidate for the 'How Realistic Are Your Models' thread if you crop out the top bits, Peter.

Stunning photos of stunning models, as

always. :)

Thanks Jeff. I might have a play with a few recents pics and put some up.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Hi Peter,

I’ve just enjoyed watching those videos. Great to be able to see the layout in action. The 2 class 31 workings are excellent of course. The sweeping curve on the new section looks really good with the flasks coming round it.

All the best

Mark

Hi Peter,

I like the latest videos. Can I ask you how you create them? Do you record them using the video function on your DSLR? What format does that produce the video in and how do you then process the files to upload them onto Youtube?

My efforts at producing decent quality video have been pretty unsuccessful so far, mainly because when I compress the files for uploading to Youtube the resultant quality is very poor. I'd really like to produce videos of the quality of yours too.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Richard & Mark. When I built the new bit I decided the curve had to be as long as I could get away with. I am quite happy with how it has turned out.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I like the latest videos. Can I ask you how you create them? Do you record them using the video function on your DSLR? What format does that produce the video in and how do you then process the files to upload them onto Youtube?

My efforts at producing decent quality video have been pretty unsuccessful so far, mainly because when I compress the files for uploading to Youtube the resultant quality is very poor. I'd really like to produce videos of the quality of yours too.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

The video function on my DSLR is rubbish though it is a few years old now. The Video's are just taken with my phone. The early ones where my iphone 4s but since I broke that one I have a Samsung G8 I just put the phone on the layout record the train going past then load the pics onto my laptop into My Pictures then load them up to you tube. I don't even edit them I am too lazy. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Dave,

The video function on my DSLR is rubbish though it is a few years old now. The Video's are just taken with my phone. The early ones where my iphone 4s but since I broke that one I have a Samsung G8 I just put the phone on the layout record the train going past then load the pics onto my laptop into My Pictures then load them up to you tube. I don't even edit them I am too lazy. 

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter. I might experiment with my phone then or maybe my daughter's, as she has a better one than me (of course). I've been using my DSLR for video and the quality looks alright on the camera screen but the video files need converting before they can be uploaded to Youtube (I believe) and it's then that the drop off in quality happens.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Peter. I might experiment with my phone then or maybe my daughter's, as she has a better one than me (of course). I've been using my DSLR for video and the quality looks alright on the camera screen but the video files need converting before they can be uploaded to Youtube (I believe) and it's then that the drop off in quality happens.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Dave

No worries Dave,

It's easier to use the Samsung than the i phone to upload pics/video's from what I have worked out though I am sure your daughter can help you out mine did. I am sure there is better quality video out there too I am still not a 100% happy with the quality of mine they look better on my phone screen than my laptop though that is getting quite old now.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave,

The video function on my DSLR is rubbish  ..... The Video's are just taken with my phone. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I learned early on that none of the cameras I used over the years, including the DSLR which is a great model for still shots, was any good with video.  Most of the clips I took and posted were shot on the iPhone.  For run-past shots including those after dark I simply held it in top of the tripod braced against the camera base-plate.  For pan shots I just had to hope I had a stead enough hand.

Hi Peter,

I learned early on that none of the cameras I used over the years, including the DSLR which is a great model for still shots, was any good with video.  Most of the clips I took and posted were shot on the iPhone.  For run-past shots including those after dark I simply held it in top of the tripod braced against the camera base-plate.  For pan shots I just had to hope I had a stead enough hand.

Hi Rick,

Hows it going, hope you are all well. I have used digital camera's to take video over the years and the quality has never been very good but I have always preferred taking a picture over video.  

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Just been catching up over the last few pages, sorry if I've missed it but who

makes the Bedford 4 ton truck kit, is it the airfix one?

Cheers

Wayne

Hi Wayne.

one is the Airfix kit and one is the JB models kit that Airfix bought out. they are both the same. I did modify the backs on mine.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2