Bulleid 1940 W&C Stock

Arun Sharma

4 hours ago, Arun Sharma said:

At some point in the next month or so I will carry on with design work on the 4mm  1940 DMSO as a limited run.

I would certainly be interested in this model.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I would definitely be interested in one. Had I managed to get any of the TSOs before Radley sadly closed, I would have got a couple of DMSOs to make up a full set.

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lyddrail said:

I would be interested in some of these, likely for hauling, but I guess a Tenshodo might fit the bill to motor one.

Cheers.

Be aware that Black Beetles ARE still available - but only directly from the producer in Oz, who is happy to supply to the UK.

CJI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Sounds interesting. black Beetle bogies are indeed still available as CCTrans says above. I recently bought about 6 of differing sizes for 1959 tube stock, Kitmaster Blue Pullman and Q23 motor coach, and a few to spare.

Are you sure different motor bogies were fitted? I thought they were the same as those used in LT Standard Stock. They had one motor bogie in the driving cars.

On 17/01/2024 at 21:09, roythebus1 said:

Are you sure different motor bogies were fitted? I thought they were the same as those used in LT Standard Stock. They had one motor bogie in the driving cars.

Yes - see Page 291 of The Waterloo & City Railway  by John C Gillham [Oakwood Press]. The new Eastleigh bogies built to a similar design to LTs 1956TS were longer WB than the original Bulleid 1940 ones and used Metalstik rubber suspension.