Non-Gold users will see a video pop-up ad on most screens. This is a test. It should not appear on mobiles etc. ×

KR Models announces 'new industrial loco'

Mel_H

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, clarkea1 said:

Turns out they're also, as suspected, doing the Clayton CBD90 loco.  Fairly sure the Sellafield ones are CBD80s though, but I may be wrong.

CBD80 for Sellafield.

https://claytonequipment.co.uk/clayton-equipment-secure-two-hybrid-cbd80-locomotive-order-from-sellafield-ltd/

6 hours ago, clarkea1 said:

Turns out they're also, as suspected, doing the Clayton CBD90 loco.  Fairly sure the Sellafield ones are CBD80s though, but I may be wrong.

image.png.7c60f13fdf7d4a63ccfff5bf20d625f0.png

Aren't the Beacon ones going to be designated class 18?

I am pleased this is being done, and will probably bite if made (EOI done already)

• Agree 1

An intriguing development, would you happen to know what is planned for the class 18? 

Beacons original press release suggested a EU wide market for these, and certainly they wouldn't order unless they had a customer in mind. Have you received any hints, you suggest that these are to replace class 08s? 

10 hours ago, 159220 said:

An intriguing development, would you happen to know what is planned for the class 18? 

Beacons original press release suggested a EU wide market for these, and certainly they wouldn't order unless they had a customer in mind. Have you received any hints, you suggest that these are to replace class 08s? 

That is the claim, with comparable pulling power.  It is classed as a Class 18.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 04/06/2021 at 11:58, clarkea1 said:

image.png.7c60f13fdf7d4a63ccfff5bf20d625f0.png

Surprised that no-one has posted pics of the CBD80s at Sellafield. (flickr pics - click on for details)

Return of The Claytons.

New generation shunters

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 25/08/2021 at 00:16, newbryford said:

CBD80s at Sellafield

An interesting bit of news in this month's BRM about Sellafield ordering some CB40s from Clayton too.

Given that stock announcements don't normally seem to take place in the model magazines I wonder if a model of that is also in the works?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.