Rammy

Scalescenes wishlist

I'd love to see John tackle a colliery over multiple kits - similar to his Industrial buildings set.

Another one to go along with his lineside clutter series - how about a sheet for industrial machinery and control consoles - something to populate the interior of the Boxfile kit, perhaps?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DanielB said:

how about a sheet for industrial machinery and control consoles

Oooh, you got me thinking - how about a ScaleScenes version of Dr Who's Tardis?

Probably not though because of copyright issues?

• Like 1

On 03/01/2020 at 11:16, KeithMacdonald said:

Oooh, you got me thinking - how about a ScaleScenes version of Dr Who's Tardis?

Probably not though because of copyright issues?

No, the trouble's getting the interior to fit.... ;-)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

I'd like to see backs of Victorian-era  terrace housing  and their garden walls, - so common on the linesides approaching big towns and cities. 

Also, the backs of Georgian terrace houses - they make great  view blockers. being several stories high.  They backs often varied when the fronts didn't and that would make them interesting  to look at.   

• Like 1

I would like each page of the kit to be numbered and location of each part, when introduced, to be noted in the build instructions.

Sort of like:

"Glue the Buttress capping base layer (3, MR) squarely into
the centre of the back of the cover layer."

This would be page 3, middle right.  Would save me a great deal of searching for the right bit of the kit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 03/01/2020 at 06:13, DanielB said:

Another one to go along with his lineside clutter series - how about a sheet for industrial machinery and control consoles - something to populate the interior of the Boxfile kit, perhaps?

Hi Daniel

I realise you posted this back in January, and this isn't Scalescenes connected, but have you looked at www.anyscalemodels.com? Resin castings, they do a number of industrial machines suitable for workshops - lathe, pillar drill, press etc and also workbenches and cupboards. The may not be as crisp as those from Preiser, but at least they are chunky enough for 4mm/foot and I don't think anywhere near as expensive.

No connection - just a happy customer.

STAY HOME - STAY SAFE - KEEP MODELLING 

41 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

. . . . have you looked at www.anyscalemodels.com? Resin castings, they do a number of industrial machines suitable for workshops - lathe, pillar drill, press etc and also workbenches and cupboards. 

And also check out 3D printed ones from Shapeways.

On 02/04/2020 at 18:05, SteveyDee68 said:

Hi Daniel

I realise you posted this back in January, and this isn't Scalescenes connected, but have you looked at www.anyscalemodels.com? Resin castings, they do a number of industrial machines suitable for workshops - lathe, pillar drill, press etc and also workbenches and cupboards. The may not be as crisp as those from Preiser, but at least they are chunky enough for 4mm/foot and I don't think anywhere near as expensive.

No connection - just a happy customer.

STAY HOME - STAY SAFE - KEEP MODELLING 

I have indeed. I am in fact using some of their wargaming scale casting for O scale. :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, toolongtoremember said:

A modern station footbridge please, like modern enough to comply with DDA and have a lift and all. 

Funnily enough I was thinking the same, having ordered and downloaded the small modern station I was wondering how to get the passengers from the roadway down to the platforms!

Edited by big jim
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, signalnorth said:

Weathered brickwork!

I thought his "aged brick" is fairly well weathered.

2 hours ago, signalnorth said:

Weathered brickwork!

Why not learn to weather things yourself.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1