Rails of Sheffield Improved Precedent Class

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

That sounds a lot like they are still in China and will not arrive next month.

If they had been shipped there would be an ETA Europe.  No ETA means no shipment.   That means add 35 days from shipping to earliest arrival = 2022.

I’d take it that they are on the way as She was responding to a specific question, but the current problems mean they cannot guarantee not getting a curve ball at the last minute. 
The transit and port times are so variable at present it was commented by someone in Maersk it is potentially misleading to track ships as some containers are still diverting in Europe. 

BFA2AB23-0254-410B-9388-6492F2A2404E.jpeg.1da4b92cb5f7b00ac98160cb3149276f.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• Moderators
On 27/11/2021 at 20:58, PaulRhB said:

the current problems mean they cannot guarantee not getting a curve ball at the last minute. 
The transit and port times are so variable at present

That's it in a nutshell. The models have been produced (I can see the date in the box when they were packaged) and have been shipped. I know they're on the way but there's a combination of longer journeys, ships leapfrogging each other in journeys (as they may be stopping off at additional interim points due to changed schedules) and then end up in a different final port than intended with further onward shipment. Importers are constantly getting revised dates on shipments. Then they probably all arrive around the same time and need processing and checking before onward fulfilment of orders. The whole process is a minefield at the moment and all anyone wants to do is get the models into the hands of customers just as much as the customers want to see them.

Hopefully everyone can just take a breath and accept they'll be with everyone as soon as they can be.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have just received some Australian coaches that left Hong Kong in the same consignment to the retailer as some wagons.  The coaches arrived in Sydney about two months later than the wagons.  Go figure!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, rhydddu said:

Hi all - does anyone know how possible it would be to convert these lovely models to EM (or P4)? Thanks Colin

It's a question that has been asked several times; I don't really see how it can be answered until someone who knows about the ins and outs of such conversions actually has one in their sticky mitts. So, I think patience is still required.

Edited by Compound2632
sp.
  • Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 11/12/2021 at 20:52, johnd said:

Lucknow is sold out to pre orders. 

Strange as it’s still available on their website . . .

Mine’s been shipped and based on this tiny clip I’ve just received the wheeltappers soundfile for the coal tank as pretty close. 
time 12:42

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Strange as it’s still available on their website . . .

yep looks like "Lucknow" is back available again!

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/Bachmann-35-161z-lnwr-improved-precedent-class-lucknow-lnwr-lined-black-2-4-0-steam-locomotive-no1673

cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

That's what I meant by "the other two". It would appear that it is only the Locomotion batch (Hardwicke) that have reached the distribution stage.

Well mine is on the way ;) 

A275AA62-5AA0-40B4-ACDE-9E04F41B4236.jpeg.c829e26862a6e816355010da65d5c672.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

That's what I meant by "the other two". It would appear that it is only the Locomotion batch (Hardwicke) that have reached the distribution stage.

Rails took my money yesterday and yesterday afternoon I got the 'dispatched' email...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, tractionman said:

and... gone again, must have been just a few pre-ordered Lucknow orders not paid for?

I'm down for a crimson one :-)

cheers,

Keith

• Like 1