Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

24 AWG or BWG are about half a mm....   (yes I know they're different, but not much!)

But need considerably different sized holes to be drilled in baseboards and less obvious if used on the side of a rail, hence my preference!

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

All brilliant work Wayne , but you must feel you have opened a pandora`s box as a one man band  with the sensible requests for 3mm option - crossing nose would be the same as oofs I think .  Let alone P4 and the the other  sensible request for a 21mm gauge Irish 4mm  option  ( oh that would have been me! ) 

Hopefully some kits will get to market during the late spring and then time for a 5 minute rest !

Take care

Robert    

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

All brilliant work Wayne , but you must feel you have opened a pandora`s box as a one man band  with the sensible requests for 3mm option - crossing nose would be the same as oofs I think .  Let alone P4 and the the other  sensible request for a 21mm gauge Irish 4mm  option  ( oh that would have been me! ) 

Hopefully some kits will get to market during the late spring and then time for a 5 minute rest !

Take care

Robert    

1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

Take care

Robert    

A long overdue Pandora's box and most welcome. Game changer extraordinaire..! I feel sure Wayne has a plan..!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

That is a good show and tell.  My first point was a solder up 12mm point back in the last century. My second was 12" to the foot 3way stub point  in Minffordd Yard with a school working party as my gang - still there today and subsequently work on Gauge one points for Bob Symes and 2mmfs, all took care in measurements. The game change was Wayne`s N gauge points and a good range is available.  I am glad that the 4mm sector can now enjoy the fruits of his labours. 

I still have some solder up kits of varying parentage to try in 21mm  must did out ready!       

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KeithHC said:

Just noticed on the photo the straight road check rail needs to be moved my fault again.

Keith

The first one is the learning curve, don't worry about it, my curve hasn't straightened much over the years!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

There's an old saying, 

"the man who makes no mistakes, is a man who makes nothing". 

Learning from them is the hardest part. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all I would like to thank you all for the ticks claps etc you have all put on my post above. However these should all be for the product I just put a few pieces together. It is the ability of Wayne that makes this all work not a Ham Fisted modeller. What I hoped I have shown is that any one of us can produce a scale 4mm product with minimal work. In all it probably took me between 45mins and 1hour to complete and could be done on a tray in front of the telly. What this does open up is the ability for someone like me to seriously consider EM. Now where is the Ultrascale order form.......

A big thank you to Wayne keep on with the development.

Keith

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

This has probably been discussed previously and I've missed it but is the product designed so that the top of the rail aligns with any existing suppliers flexitrack track making products?

What is the height from the base to the top of the rail?  

Not something that's insurmountable, but it would be useful if the points were are direct fit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

This has probably been discussed previously and I've missed it but is the product designed so that the top of the rail aligns with any existing suppliers flexitrack track making products?

What is the height from the base to the top of the rail?  

Not something that's insurmountable, but it would be useful if the points were are direct fit.

It's 4mm from base to rail top, same as Peco bullhead and C&L thick sleeper flexi track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

What have you started? Better points, in 00, 00sf, em, and various other less mainstream requests. Then double it for flat bottomed versions. I think someone will be a busy man lol.

Totally agree with this. Once these kits are out there a lot of modellers will be going wow. I can’t wait to start building more they are that easy to put together. Maybe Brighton will have to be renamed as Seaton 2......... The way Wayne has developed his system allows for eventually covering many more scales gauges and long May it continue.

Keith

proud to been able to build one of the first 00 B7.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1