Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

That will be because of the colour of the pixel you happened to click on - which is what the program "reads" before it does the edit. Zoom right into almost any digital photograph and you will discover that there is a surprising variation in the colour of the pixels which make up an even, flat expanse of colour. It's not a huge problem providing your software has an "undo" button. You can have a few quick tries with various settings and "click" points to get the best effect.

Ah, that explains a lot. My "undo" button is regularly exercised, but the problem comes when I zoom in on something to discover that I didn't notice a bit had been eaten up about fifty moves earlier. Sometimes I can be bothered to go all the way back to correct it, but other times I can't. A close look at the images I'm about to put up will illustrate the point. It is often hard to see the exact boundary of what the software is  intending to remove.

attachicon.gifIvatt and pilot.jpg

The pilot has propelled in the stock for the 1130 Edinburgh departure, and the fireman is even now retracing the route to retrieve the lamp what fell off on the way up from Nene sidings.

Ah, the 11.30 Peterborough North to Edinburgh. Summer Fridays and Saturdays Only and booked to use end vestibule 7 compartment seconds and a 6 compartment first. I'm interested to see what form of a scratch rake you use for this train Gilbert. Plus there's the added chance of a Thompson Pacific due to it starting at Peterborough.

I reckon this is the service 60506 is on in this link (dated 1960) http://www.lner.info...14591&mode=view

• Like 1

Been busy catching up on several pages .......Post 9903 has the best shots for a long time. It shows how awkward we humanoids are when track-level shots have become the 'norm' and the old-fashioned birds-eye shots look like an improvement all of a sudden! My immune system fails every time when it comes to Thompson Pacifics. 

Edited by coachmann

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic shot GB, and a wonderful mix of coaches and liveries - any chance of a 'passing shot' of the various types?

David

I'll see what I can do next time I'm operating. It's rather more difficult when the train is in platform 6, but I'll find a way I'm sure.

While messing around with the camera on tripod, I tried this. I don't like it, so it should be popular. :jester:

attachicon.gifroof high.jpg

Some time ago, I was asked if I could feature a particular A4. This is the first appropriate train since that request, hence the delay.

attachicon.gif28 1.jpg

So here he is, and on one of the flagship expresses, as number 28 so often was. I wish to assure you that to the human eye, well mine anyway, that headboard is very nearly straight. The camera disagrees.

attachicon.gif28 1 bw.jpg

Do back lit shots look better in black and white? I can't make up my mind on that one. The headboard hasn't straightened up though.

attachicon.gif28 2.jpg

This is included to show that now and again my duck egg blue walls do actually work as intended.

attachicon.gif28 3.jpg

and a close up to finish for now.

I'm with you - I don't like helicopter shots much. OK to show the layout in general, or the sweep of the trackwork, but otherwise much less realistic. The obvious reason being that none of us were blessed with this viewpoint back then - we would all have loved it if it were offered though!

Excellent grimy A2 - I remember 35A/34E V2s in green, but so dirty you could scarcely read the cab numbers. I must admit my 7mm New England V2 60869 must be not long out of shops as it is unusually clean.

Keep those excellent lineside shots coming and carry on cropping.

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic shot GB, and a wonderful mix of coaches and liveries - any chance of a 'passing shot' of the various types?

David

Had to pose them in the fiddle yard in the end David. Sorry about the sun.

post-98-0-34254800-1452862767_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-22108300-1452862812_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-01620100-1452862830_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-31070700-1452862848_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-19700500-1452862867_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-16793500-1452862888_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-24364800-1452862910_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-63528500-1452862932_thumb.jpg

I didn't bother with the Bachmann MK1, we all know what they look like. Forgot to crop one, as well. :senile:

• Like 18

While messing around with the camera on tripod, I tried this. I don't like it, so it should be popular. :jester:

attachicon.gifroof high.jpg

Some time ago, I was asked if I could feature a particular A4. This is the first appropriate train since that request, hence the delay.

attachicon.gif28 1.jpg

So here he is, and on one of the flagship expresses, as number 28 so often was. I wish to assure you that to the human eye, well mine anyway, that headboard is very nearly straight. The camera disagrees.

attachicon.gif28 1 bw.jpg

Do back lit shots look better in black and white? I can't make up my mind on that one. The headboard hasn't straightened up though.

attachicon.gif28 2.jpg

This is included to show that now and again my duck egg blue walls do actually work as intended.

attachicon.gif28 3.jpg

and a close up to finish for now.

I only pressed like for this post because of the first picture - the rest were rubb15h!! :jester:

(Only joking - but I do like the aerial view and the glimpse it gives us of the work of Peter the roofer)

While messing around with the camera on tripod, I tried this. I don't like it, so it should be popular.

Nothing wrong with your shot Gilbert, except.......lifeIn an aerial shot I expected to see people and even a BR parcels lorry on the road outside the station.

Don't know why but I just like the oval windows in Thompsons. Lovely set of coaches G.

Must be my instinct as I rather like shots pics taken  from above............................

Ducky.

I lay odds its those egg shaped lav windows...

• RMweb Premium

Beautiful rake GB; it always intrigues me as to the variations in colours, hues, textures and so on, even on very similar types and allowing for lighting etc - far more interesting than a row of identical coaches which you so often see running on other layouts, but rarely in prototypical pictures...

Thanks for posting

David

• RMweb Premium

Here is a rather sad bedtime photo. The idea was to catch the A4 on the Scotsman in the light at the other end of the roof as seen from the North end of Platform 2. The camera was pointed, but alas some old fool had forgotten one important thing.

post-98-0-40110700-1452898916_thumb.jpg

There is a train on the Up, completely blocking the intended view. Never mind, it will be along shortly.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Excellent photo's. And the last one is so realistic. I think it is the way it is lit, and the way that the loco's and the station are all spread out as they should be, instead of trying to cram it all in. I thought it was a prototype photo' at first!

With best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

Any requests? All jobs and exercises done, white stuff on ground outside, so I have time to point the camera at whatever you might fancy, in the railway room, that is. Not the beautiful blonde with the two lovely spaniels.

Not heard then called that before........

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Quite a long running session completed, and plenty of images to be processed in due course. I was looking at that little building with the bell tower, and thought it deserved to feature in close up. Its not that easy to get at actually, but this came out reasonably well.

post-98-0-86976700-1453045963_thumb.jpg

• Like 18