Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

My brain was somewhat addled last night, and so I got things out of sequence. What you should have seen was another shot of the Queen of Scots disappearing into the distance, with another look at 60048 as a bonus.

post-98-0-22091800-1547198864_thumb.jpg

The next running session was when the B1 went off on its way to London. After that the sequence told me there should be an Up coal, which was very exciting, or a little bit anyway, as it is the first run of this rake since its length was augmented. I wanted to excite all of you too by taking a photo which revealed its impressive new dimensions, but that proved to be very difficult to do. This was the first attempt.

post-98-0-07480200-1547199208_thumb.jpg

What I meant of course was that it was the photo that proved diffiicult. No suggestion at all that the days when some of you were capable of getting excited are over. Good lord no.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear! The Daleks are coming!

Seriously, it will be the completion of the extermination of the desert, and how good it will look. The longer trains are looking very good, much more like they were in reality - that long coal train being a good example of what you’ve achieved. And the photo’s are as good as ever.

Just one final point. Those bookcases on the wall next to Spital Bridge seem so empty these days. If so, are they really needed anymore, and if they aren’t, then could they be removed without damage to the layout? It would further improve things at that end of the layout.

Best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear! The Daleks are coming!

Seriously, it will be the completion of the extermination of the desert, and how good it will look. The longer trains are looking very good, much more like they were in reality - that long coal train being a good example of what you’ve achieved. And the photo’s are as good as ever.

Just one final point. Those bookcases on the wall next to Spital Bridge seem so empty these days. If so, are they really needed anymore, and if they aren’t, then could they be removed without damage to the layout? It would further improve things at that end of the layout.

Best regards,

The bookcases are very heavy Rob, and very hard to get at. My joiner has talked about rigging up temporary supports so that he can lay a four inch plank across and access parts we can't reach, but I just shudder to think what the results of a slip might be, so I'm very reluctant to try it. The bookcases would be even more difficult, as they would, I think, need two people to support the weight as they came down.

Edited by great northern

I hate it when I feel that I'm going down with some sort of virus, but it won't just come out and get on with it. At least then you know there will be a few days of yuk, but then it will go. I shall try to ignore it. I took loads of photos from on high, but few featuring trains, so I shall mix things up a bit.

Having banked around very steeply, our helicopter now allows a view of the 9F from the other side of the bridge.

attachicon.gif5 to bridge.JPG

Now we switch back to the sequence, and the appearance of the Up Norseman. Top Shed cleaners have really gone to town on Lord Faringdon today.

attachicon.gif1 34 1.JPG

Top Shed cleaners indeed.    :nono:      It's been cleaned Up Norff     :angel:

• Like 2

I hate it when I feel that I'm going down with some sort of virus, but it won't just come out and get on with it. At least then you know there will be a few days of yuk, but then it will go. I shall try to ignore it. I took loads of photos from on high, but few featuring trains, so I shall mix things up a bit.

Having banked around very steeply, our helicopter now allows a view of the 9F from the other side of the bridge.

attachicon.gif5 to bridge.JPG

Now we switch back to the sequence, and the appearance of the Up Norseman. Top Shed cleaners have really gone to town on Lord Faringdon today.

attachicon.gif1 34 1.JPG

Love the picture of the 9F.

• RMweb Premium

Top Shed cleaners indeed.    :nono:      It's been cleaned Up Norff     :angel:

I can explain that. Knowing that there were, allegedly, no cleaners on Tyneside, the Top Shed crew gave number 34 a very special clean before it went up North, and as it is a very nice sunny day, few nasty smuts have landed during its travels.

• Like 1

I can explain that. Knowing that there were, allegedly, no cleaners on Tyneside, the Top Shed crew gave number 34 a very special clean before it went up North, and as it is a very nice sunny day, few nasty smuts have landed during its travels.

The "Top Shed" cleaners are KLEARly very perceptive  . :sungum:   :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

These high level shots really show the depth of the layout, how on earth do you reach the far side for maintenance and to take all those marvelous photos?

On arrival at the door, one crawls to gain entry. It is then possible to stand up without much difficulty, and to move around quite easily. To get to the window side, one crawls again, and then has to perform some interesting contortions in order to get upright. I've put foam sheets down where knees have to contact the floor, and I now wear knee pads too, which has helped a lot.

The restricted room at the far side is proving to be a good thing, as I only have to put on a bit of weight to be reminded how tight the clearance is, so it's good motivation for keeping reasonably slim, and fairly supple too.

• Like 3