Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Things are now getting a bit too close for comfort, so he retreats to where his permit allows him to be. Its a good job that the pilot wasn't attaching a van to the back of the Grimsby though.

You'd think it might have been, as somebody has removed its tail lamp!   :jester:  :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

You'd think it might have been, as somebody has removed its tail lamp!   :jester:  :sungum:

Are you inferring that at some stage it actually had one? :jester:  Seriously, adopting Captain Mainwaring voice.... "Glad you spotted that, I wondered if anyone would. Got to keep you on your toes, you know."

• Like 2

Our man at the south end hears the chime of the A4 whistle, and being a knowledgeable chap also realises that the A4 is 60013. From that he can go on to infer that the Elizabethan is approaching, and he wants to get a shot as it passes under the roof. The stock of the Grimsby is in the way though, so he steps sideways to get a better view. After all, there can't be anything approaching on the Down main can there? That's his reasoning anyway. Even so, he wants to get back where he should be before authority notices, so he takes a hasty shot.

attachicon.gif3 13 2.JPG

Instinct tells him he may have pressed the shutter a fraction too early, so he has another go.

attachicon.gif4 13 3.JPG

Things are now getting a bit too close for comfort, so he retreats to where his permit allows him to be. Its a good job that the pilot wasn't attaching a van to the back of the Grimsby though.

Good morning Gilbert

Your second photo really is a fabulous photo under the Station roof of A4 60013 on the Elizabethan.

If I can make just one small comment if You don’t mind?

If you can change the Springside lamps.

Keep the photos coming very inspirational.

Regards

David

• RMweb Gold

Will really miss your photo’s over the next couple of days, Gilbert, as this site gets upgraded from tomorrow morning. I look forward to services resuming from Thursday morning onwards.

Best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Good morning Gilbert

Your second photo really is a fabulous photo under the Station roof of A4 60013 on the Elizabethan.

If I can make just one small comment if You don’t mind?

If you can change the Springside lamps.

Keep the photos coming very inspirational.

Regards

David

I suspect they are glued in David, so, as with others they will have to wait till Tim can make some replacement irons, as they are far too fiddly for me these days.

• RMweb Premium

Will really miss your photo’s over the next couple of days, Gilbert, as this site gets upgraded from tomorrow morning. I look forward to services resuming from Thursday morning onwards.

Best regards,

Rob.

It does say 24-48 hours though, so it may not be that long. It helps me actually, as today's running session and photos were stymied by a long AGM post mortem, so images are nearly running out.

• RMweb Premium

Here we go then. The last image of goings on at PN for a short time. Actually, this is more of a going off shot.

post-98-0-59037000-1548714155_thumb.jpg

We'll meet again in a day or two, and who knows, we might even employ the free time to get on with something. There is no flying pig emoji, or whatever they are now called.

• Like 13

Off to golf, and its blowing a gale.

attachicon.gif12 4 engines.JPG

Time for only one picture, but there are four locomotives in it.

hi.. nice model, can i ask a Q about the telegraph poles, as they pass over the station are the poles mounted to station roof, or are they heading to a derrick ? I have a simular sitiation where the proposed pole lines cross main station canopy

• RMweb Premium
On 1/29/2019 at 8:43 AM, calvin Streeting said:

hi.. nice model, can i ask a Q about the telegraph poles, as they pass over the station are the poles mounted to station roof, or are they heading to a derrick ? I have a simular sitiation where the proposed pole lines cross main station canopy

They are all free standing, and would carry on for quite a long way off scene.

1 hour ago, great northern said:

But I spoke, or typed, too soon. I couldn't work out how to caption the second one.

A picture is worth a thousand words ! 

The captions are the icing on the cake, but the pictures pretty much speak for themselves. So atmospheric. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, great northern said:

But I spoke, or typed, too soon. I couldn't work out how to caption the second one.

I am glad I am not the only one who is finding adding text and photos to the same post more difficult than it was.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I think Curlew is my favourite A1 at the moment, because curlews (actually Eastern Curlews out here) are my favourite bird and if that name is on a pacific, well it has to be just about perfect doesn’t it?  Plus I have a blue one (pacific, not bird...) so that seals it!

So good to see your pics again Gilbert!

cheers

Tony

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, trw1089 said:

I think Curlew is my favourite A1 at the moment, because curlews (actually Eastern Curlews out here) are my favourite bird and if that name is on a pacific, well it has to be just about perfect doesn’t it?  Plus I have a blue one (pacific, not bird...) so that seals it!

So good to see your pics again Gilbert!

cheers

Tony

We have some blue cats in Clacton on Sea at the moment, Tony, and dogs too. And, no, I haven't been drinking.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

I know 'every little helps', but I wonder how much help an aged C12 was doing to push a 12 coach train with a Pacific on, out of the station !!!!!

manna

Yes it reminds me of a photo in a book I have of a Coronation Pacific being piloted by a 2P 4-4-0 about to head North out from Crewe........whoever wrote the caption reckoned the Pacific would be pushing the 2P as well as hauling the train before too long.

Rgds.........Mike(Wonderful modelling by the way)

Edited by ikks
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1